Diet offer storeTook money out of my account

D

I order a free sample from this company and have not received it have been charged the shipping and handling fees plus another 83. 00 plus cents I just want my money back I do not want a free sample at 84. 00

• Na
    Nancy Pawlowski Dec 03, 2008

I also was scammed. I did recieve my free pills, but they also took out the $83.00 out of my account that I did not agree on. I want my money back. Were you able to get it?

• Ni
    Nicola Evans Dec 04, 2008

I have also had the same problem although I did receive them in the uk. I want my money back as I did not agree to this what can we do?

• Ca
    Carole Lennon Dec 04, 2008

I also was ripped off by this company. Received sample bottle same time as $83.00 bottle. Did not realize it was an $83.00 bottle and opened it. Now they will not refund my money. Big scam. Does Oprah Winfrey know they are using her name to sell this useless expensive product.

Soph Dec 12, 2008

Im in the uk and i have just recieved my free trial - and - my credit card has been robbed like yours too!
    what is anyone gonna do about this? My Uk friend - have you called the states? im not that keen on doing it as i dont want the charge for a trans-atlantic phonecall! im not sure what else to do though - as there seems to be no other way to contact the rip-off jerks!

any ideas gang?

• Cy
    cynthialunn Dec 16, 2008

My daughter needed to use my credit card to pay for the shipping and handling charge for a FREE SAMPLE of Acuberry. I have a prepaid card that I usually use on line so I can control any charges that are made on it; however, my daughter used my regular bank card and I am having no luck whatsoever getting the money refunded to my account. I also checked the website and found no agreement about paying $89.00 for another bottle. This company is a SCAM to the full extent!!!

• Pa
    pat Dec 18, 2008

I ordered a free trail and received the product but Diet Offer Store took £60.27 from my credit card account with authorization. Is there anything I can do? how do you contact them? please help anyone out there !

• Ra
    raffaela d bessell Dec 27, 2008

this company is a fraud and should be dealt with by the attorney general in the proper state, all they ever offered was a free $4.95 sample.i never ordered anything else nor did i receive anything else.HELP!!!

• Ge
    gerri carbaat Dec 30, 2008

I had simular isses with the acuberry company, after i received the product with a free trial just paying 3.95 for shipping and handling, my account was debted without my permission and I had to close out my account with the bank to resolve the issue. I also contacted the better business bureau and after a few week they e-mailed me saying they couldn't get in contact with the company either and they would be taking further action. Strangely enough once this was done my bank was able to contact them without being disconnected after a few minute of waiting time. I HAD TRIED FOR MONTH TO CONTACT THEM DAY AND NIGHT...ALSO WRITTING EMAIL . Even more strange the bbb had said in the beginning they couldn't local the company at all. Just wanted to drop by and put my 2cents worth in.

Signed
    Tired of being taking for a ride by the internet!

Angelina Santiago Jan 06, 2009

I also ordered the Acaiberry & Colon Med700 and I was charged by the diet offer store for something I don't even know. It's been over a month now and I have not received my refund yet. It started 12/3/08 and it's now 1/6/09. They are really a big rip off. I don't know why Oprah even let them go to her show.

anne mcglinchey Jan 08, 2009

i too was ripped off by the sounds of other complaints we are just going to have to learn from our mistakes

• Wi
    Winfred Jan 12, 2009

Acaiberry, ColonMed700, in CA, & SFL Nutrition, LLC in, FL they double team you and each bill you after the free trial. Soultion. 1. call your CC company. Your CC company knows them by name.
    2. protest the credit card charge.3.. Return the product UN OPENED, if possible. 4. send a letter demaning they stop sending and that they do not have authority to charge your CC.5. Take it to the post Office and mail back CERTIFIED. 6. Keep a copy of everything you mail and notes.
    7. You CC will give them 30 days to remove the charge.8. Don't worry they want remove the charge, and they will ship more stuff to you too. Do not Open, take to your posat office and RUFUSE delivery and they will return to sender. 9. Write down the tracking number from their shipment as you can track it backwards being returned to them. Send another letter demaningthey stop and that they have no authority to charge to your CC.10. Call you CC company again, by this time your first 30 days should have gone by and you cc company can remove the charges from the first shipments. 11. I would think they will stop when they figure out their charges are getting reversed. Keep copies of all papers you write, use the Post Office to document everything. These folks are pro's at taking money legally. Side BAR, the CC companies know all about AciBerry. The local Post Master for the delivery zip code told my Post Master that they have 8 bins 6 foot by 6footby 8 foot bins of returned pills each day goingback to them., in CA. He almost needs a full time postman to just handle this one address. Good luck, I am 35 days into the process of stopping these rip off artist. Signed Winfred

• Ly
    Lynn Jan 29, 2009

I too have had this problem with this company and couldn't find a way to get in touch, I was reluctant to telephone the states too because of the charges! I really hope someone finds a way to stop these ripoff artists!!

• Co
    cow boy Aug 11, 2009

The same thing happened to me I tried to cancel the order. They took the money from my account, I called them they gave me the 14 day spill about canceling the order. I did not see the 14 day rule in print. Or I would have canceled the order, the next trick they pull is to tell you oh, were sorry we will cancel you order just send the bottle back and we will credit your account, I then asked how much will the credit be the said 49.00 But the amount removed from the account was 79.00. I asked why not the whole amount their answer was restocking fee of the order which I didn’t make. By the way the order had not been shipped before I canceled the order. So let’s do the math 3, 000 people cancel the order Times $ 20.00 a pop that’s $60, 000.00. How much do you need to steal before you get prison time or charged for fraud?

• Kk
    kk*** Oct 26, 2009

I had the same thing happen. Luckily, my credit card company resolved it for me and credited my account back the full amount. I didn't see the 14 day rule and apparently that begins the minute you click that you are ordering it. Then exactly two weeks later they charged my card $88.00 and I still had not received anything in the mail. I called and they told me that they weren't responsible for the mail service or delivery. She told me to send an email to cancel and they would resolve it. I never heard a peep back from after I sent the email. These practices should be illegal!!

• Pr
    profitmaker26 Jan 19, 2011

I think it's all your own fault!!! If you actually read the terms and conditions it describes everything in full... I read it ALL and didn't get scammed. If you are not will to read about what you are purchasing then you bring these problems on yourself. Oh and I don't work for them... Just plain old common sense, you don't get anything for nothing.

• Mi
    MINDI MCNALLY Jul 12, 2016

I ordered these knowing all I would have to pay is $3.95. They have charged me $89.31 & $8.51 every month for the last 2 months. I spoke to someone & they were to cancel my account & remove these charges. Which they did not. I spoke to someone today & they can only issue (1) refund. I want to make sure this is taken care of & I won't have to go through this every month. Please remove all charges. If not I will cancel my credit card.

• St
    Stephanie Jul 12, 2016

I also have many charges on my credit card for services I did not ask for. Totaling almost $150. This is ridiculous...and when i call there is always "more volume of calls than expected" and after 15 min someone comes on the line and tells me "their system is down, to try back later"...I have been charged for the WuYi tea and yet have not received it, even after calling customer service and being reassured that it's on its way...VERY UNPROFESSIONAL...Both the WuYi tea and the acaiberry are both very good products but with the way that this company deceives it's customers I don't think too many people will continue these products.

• Ki
    kim jiang Jul 12, 2016

this happened to me also, $89.31 to my credit card. Chase Card Company says its a valid charge, although they have provided no transaction from IEMAIL OFFER to show that I actually recieved any merchandise. What a card company, they say they will investigate for fraud, but when I gave them all the information and validation from other consumers, they will say it is not fraud. What a card company!!! They are supposed to help consumers from fraud...

• Di
    diane Jul 12, 2016

i havent ordered any more product i stop the order online but the money still keeps going out of my account help

• To
    Toni Jul 12, 2016

Hi can some one please help me! I'm new to canada (from New Zealand) and I have been trying to call the number [protected] to try and get the company to stop taking money from my credit card!!! Anyways I haven't been able to get though. But I may be getting the area code wrong. Can someone please tell me the area code etc to use to call this number!

Thank you so much for your helps!!!

• Ro
    Roger Billington Jul 12, 2016

Hi Diet offer store fraudulently removed £62.82 pounds from my credit card account my Name is Roger Billington My Address is 77 Leicester Road Lutterworth Leicestershire LE17 4NN England. The tablets that we wanted to sample were Extreme Acal Berry for which we paid £5.75.

Soph Jul 12, 2016

I have just had that happen to me too! I have recieved my free trial bottle of accasia berry tablets - and now the diet offer store had taken £64 from me - which is $89.31

why did this happen - im pretty sure that i didnt even visit a 'diet offer store' what can be done about this?

Im in the Uk so im not so keen on making an expensive trans-atlantic call!

Any ideas out there? soph x

Soph Jul 12, 2016

Here are the 'secret terms and conditions' right at the bottom of the website - i guess if you dont call to cancel by the 14th day they will charge the $89.31

hmm... this is naughty..

CAREFULLY READ AND AGREE TO PURCHASE TERMS BELOW BEFORE ORDERING:

I understand that by ordering AcaiBerry Power 500, I am agreeing to receive AcaiBerry Power 500 for a free 14-day trial period (days of availability for actual usage could be less depending on shipping time) beginning on date of order. $3.95 USD (non-refundable) for P&P. I understand, I may be charged a non-refundable international transaction fee from my bank, for each payment made. I understand that unless I cancel by calling [protected] within this 14-day period, beginning on the 14th day my credit card will automatically be charged $89.31 USD (Free Shipping) for a 31 day supply of AcaiBerry Power 500 to be shipped at that time to my door.

Thereafter, until and unless I cancel, my credit card will automatically be charged an additional $89.31 USD every 31 days for a new supply of AcaiBerry Power 500. I understand that I may cancel any future shipments Monday through Friday by calling [protected]. Our hours of operation are from 8am to 5pm MST. I understand that if I call I may be charged internation phone charges. I understand all charges are in U.S. dollars and charges will change depending on current international exchange rate

We do not accept returns on any products that have been shipped.

AcaiBerry Power 500
    4650 SW 51st Street
    Suite 711
    Davie, FL 33314

• Cb
    cbd Jul 12, 2016

LISTEN UP ON WHERE TO COMPLAIN...

This has happened to alot of people, and you are all right, they do not reverse the charges for the $89.31... so heres what you do... go to IC3.com, its an FBI sight to complain specifically on internet sights that rip people off... file there, also go to the BBB, better business bureau, file a complaint there...

Maybe we can get something done here to get their policies changed at least. I never received anything and still got all the charges... its wrong... I am also filing with my bank to try and get these removed or credited to my account...

There is hope if we all do this.

• Cb
    cbd Jul 12, 2016

ONE MORE THING...
    you can go to /link removed/ and file there as well or at least get information on how to get help with this matter.

Best of luck to all!

lisa Jul 12, 2016

The same thing has happened to my daughter. Where do you fill a formal complaint?

• La
    Lacey Jul 12, 2016

I too ordered a "free" bottle of Acai Berry as advertised using Operah/Dr Oz's episode. I paid the 3.95 shipping and w/ in a week had another 29.95 charge because the pills apparently came with a "free" months memebership to an email support group that charges you if you don't cancel w/in 7 days. THEN I got a 89.31 charge from Diet Offer Store from an online order placed on a day that I never even touched my card! Can't get them to reverse any of the charges so Im filing a formal fraud complaint!

• Ha
    Hadit Up2here Jul 12, 2016

Like many others, I sent for a free sample of Acie Berry tabs. I received the sample but did not order further supplies. Fourteen days later I received a package containing a month's supply. When I got my card statement, I had been charged £2.80 by 'Search Vitamins' for postage + £60.98 by 'Diet Offer Store' for the second batch that I did not order and seven days later, even more bizarre: £6.12 by an outfit called 'Pricelimbo.com' for what?... I dont know. Here's the scarey bit; I phoned my card company who said that as I had provided the card and delivery details, it was not fraud and, worse they said that if I close my account, they would have tp keep sending the money and bill me later. Finally, I went to the pricelimbo website and registered as a new customer in order to ask by email why they had taken the money, as yet no reply, also no luck getting through by phone tp cancel... its a disgrace

• Al
    Alison Jul 12, 2016

Diet Offer Store subtracted an unauthorized amount from my account. I called immediately and was issued a confirmation number for my refund. I was told a refund would be drafted back to my account within 5 working days. That was on 12/8/08. As of today 1/16/09 I have not received my refund. Each time I call the customer service line, the agent tells me they are having computer issues and hangs up on me. I had been calling every day for 2 weeks. I finally got through and was told my refund had been elevated to their corporate office. That was 2 weeks ago. I called today, and was told that the refund is still 'pending' and they were having computer issues. I asked what guarantee I would have that my refund would be processed, I was assured it would be refunded to my account by next week.

I believe this company is a fraud. I will not relent until I receive my money back!

• Ro
    Roger Billington Jul 12, 2016

Hi Diet offer store fraudulantly removed £62.82 pounds from my credit card account my Name is Roger Billington My Address is 77 Leicester Road Lutterworth Leicestershire LE17 4NN England. The tablets that we wanted to sample were Extreme Acal Berry for which we paid £5.75.

• De
    Deb Jul 12, 2016

I too ordered a free sample of Acai Berry as seen on Oprah, never received the free trial, plus $89.31 was deducted from my account. When I contacted them, I was given a confirmation #, my order was cancelled & was to receive a refund, that was on 11/18/2008 w/in 14 days. I called this morning 1/27/2009, first I was told she did not know what opened & my case would be escalated to a supervisor, then I was disconnected 4 times. I continued to call back, last time I was again given a conf # & told my refund was just approved w/in the last couple hrs & I should see in my account w/in 2-3 days.

• Br
    Brenda Rowlett Jul 18, 2016

After two working days the company refunded my money. Maybe they arent so bad afterall.

Liz Eggert Jul 18, 2016

I, likewise, only agreed to have a trial offerof 15 acai berry tablets mailed to me. I was NOT aware that I would be billed $89.31 - I called today (1-12-09) talked to "Princess" and was told I could not return the unopened trial size or the onopened full bottle that I received, and I could not have my credit account adjusted. I was ill for four weeks and this is the first opportunity I've had to address the issue. I am frustrated that I have no recourse! Who is out there to help!!!????

• Ka
    kazadilk Jul 18, 2016

ive just discovered been scammed same way, but watch out guys they go under different names i got the diet store and iemailoffer both rip offs both link to acaiberry free trial - apparently small print does state unless you cancel free trial within 14 days they will continue to take amount every month - bank says nothing you can do re fraud ( even tho they use different names) all you can do is cancel the card you used as payment and get your bank to reissue it so its got completly different number then when the dirty ### go in again they get rejected - if they send you anything keep it in a box and if any court case ensues they im sure after reading internet etc no judge would act in their favour specially if you got all their stuff to give back to them - why should you pay returns postage and they site says no refund for returns - they say you have to ring a number which is always engaged and after their first scam how do we know this number again isnt a fraud so to recap - CANCEL YOUR CARD IMMEDIATELY AND GET BANK TO REISSUE - THEN KEEP ALL PRODUCTS (UN USED) I THINK THAT ONCE THE PIGS GET REJECTED BY BANKS FOLLOWING CARD CHANGE THEN THEY WILL REALISE NO MORE MONEY COMING THIS WAY AND STOP - THEN YOU CAN ACT ON TRYING TO GET A REFUND GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED

• Br
    Brenda Rowlett Jul 18, 2016

I ordered a risk free bottle of colon cleanser that was suppose to be a no risk trial size offer for paying shipping cost of $5.95. They sent the pills but in addition to charging my credit card the $5.95 shipping for the no risk bottle, they charged my account $89.31 for something I did not order nor wanted. They have told me they will credit my account and that it would take 14-30 days for this to happen. It didn't take them nearly that long to charge me for this stuff that I did not want. This is truly a rip off of the consumer. They also stated that an agreement was on this site. The site that I ordered from did not have an agreement nor any terms. If it did, it was buried somewhere and you could not view it.

• Km
    kmp66 Jul 18, 2016

I was told the same thing for a similar product, I needed to cance my "account" within 15 days. What account??? I requested a free trial, I looked all over that site at the time just to make sure that this wouldn't happen, must have been buried DEEP!!! 160$ for a free trial!

lisa Jul 18, 2016

It has been 17 days and many calls to this company and I still have not gotten a refund! What can I do?

• Tr
    trial order disaster Jul 18, 2016

Same thing happened to me. I called the company and spoke with this really rude person. Eventually I had to hang up on him and call back to speak with someone else. I was then told I would get a refund and that I signed an online agreement (which I did Not). I have not yet received a refund...Buyers beware...

mariannajudson Jul 18, 2016

I too ordered the same product as the people above, and since I live in Canada the amout remove from my credit was $112.47!!
    What can be done??

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices