Dickssportinggoods.comfalse advertising

P Review updated:

I wanted to order a Schwinn bike from dickssportinggoods.com. On their home page, they advertise "Sign up and Save! 10% off your next online order. Sign up now". I signed up and received an email that says "Thank you for signing up to receive email offers from dickssportinggoods.com. Shop now and get 10% off your next order." There is no promotion code and further down in the email message is some fine print that says discount will be automatically calculated at checkout. The fine print also lists 30 or so brands that are excluded from the offer but Schwinn is not listed.

I clicked on the email message, as directed to get the discount, put my item in my cart and started the checkout process. No discount was applied. I called the # listed for customer service and was told the discount was not applied because Schwinn is excluded from the offer! I explained that the email I received did not include Schwinn in the list of excluded brands and the response I got was "Well the list I'm looking at says Schwinn is excluded."

I tried responding to the email so they can see that Schwinn is not listed but the email was bounced back and there is no email address listed on the website for customer service. They only offer an online form but I want them to see the email intact.

• T
      May 27, 2012

Apparently, whoever wrote this comment, needs to go back to school and learn how to read. I am reading the exact "fine print" that this person is reading and it clearly says, IN PLAIN ENGLISH, and I quote: "Offer applies only for standard economy shipping."(...) Which this only applies to ground shipments or anything under 50lbs.(via UPS ground). The fine print also mentions: "Some items cannot be shipped by standard economy ground and therefore does not qualify for discounted shipping offers. Typically excluded items are overweight and oversized." Well, obviously a "Schwinn" exercise bike qualifies as an "Oversized & Overweight" item. (Which is mentioned under the title: FEATURES. In which, if you were to ship this item, obviously you would have to ship it via freight/18-wheeled truck and would have to be picked up at the store. So even though Schwinn isn't listed, it still qualifies as an "oversized/overweight" item. SO YOU HAVE NO CASE!!!...Just some a**hole who wants to start trouble!!! My advice to YOU is to invest on a READING COACH...or someone who "break things down" for you, so you can understand things better!