Dickssportinggoods.com — false advertising
I wanted to order a Schwinn bike from dickssportinggoods.com. On their home page, they advertise "Sign up and Save! 10% off your next online order. Sign up now". I signed up and received an email that says "Thank you for signing up to receive email offers from dickssportinggoods.com. Shop now and get 10% off your next order." There is no promotion code and further down in the email message is some fine print that says discount will be automatically calculated at checkout. The fine print also lists 30 or so brands that are excluded from the offer but Schwinn is not listed.
I clicked on the email message, as directed to get the discount, put my item in my cart and started the checkout process. No discount was applied. I called the # listed for customer service and was told the discount was not applied because Schwinn is excluded from the offer! I explained that the email I received did not include Schwinn in the list of excluded brands and the response I got was "Well the list I'm looking at says Schwinn is excluded."
I tried responding to the email so they can see that Schwinn is not listed but the email was bounced back and there is no email address listed on the website for customer service. They only offer an online form but I want them to see the email intact.
More Dickssportinggoods.com Complaints & Reviews
- Dick's Sporting Goods/ Fusion 124 Kayak By Future Beach - bad product, worse service 
- Dick's Sporting Goods - return policy 
- Dicks Sporting Goods - return policy 
- Dicks Sporting Goods (Lodge) - very disorganized hr and training processes 
- Dicks Sporting Goods - don't buy the no sweat protection plan - poor service
- Dick's Sporting Goods - very poor attitude by store clerk 
- Dicks Sporting Goods - bad service 
- Dicks Sporting Goods - corporate headquarters 
- Dicks Sporting Goods - customer service needs inprovement 
- Dick's Sporting Goods - don't shop there