Dibosh / return products and claim damages

1 New Zealand

Hi there

I am an old customer who used your company Ali Express since April 2015.
There were no major inconveniences when purchasing a variety of goods, but this time it is imperative that a complaint is filed.
I bought an alcohol distiller from Dibosh in April 2019 Order Number: [protected].
But something bad and unexpected happened.
When using the distiller with my rice wine (Japanese sake), it resulted in dirty sediments and dark oil in the distilled liquor. Please see the photograph.
Of course, before using the distiller for the first time, I cleaned the container, as well as the copper pipe.
However, even after distilling all 80 liters of rice wine, valuable and long aged, these sediments continued to emerge.
We drank the sake without checking it first and this resulted in severe stomach pain and diarrhea for a couple of days. So this is a real, completely unacceptable health and safety hazard.

Impurities in the distillate were found to be wastage of worn metal powder and waste lubricating oil. Waste lubricants and metal powders must have been deposited in the copper pipe itself for a long time.
I have communicated with experts and they believe it has been dissolved in the high-temperature alcohols during distillation.
This makes me reasonably suspicious that you have intentionally used a waste copper pipe with lubricant from some machinery.
Doing such an act that facilitates consumption of poison is a serious crime in our country. If you do not take action, I will escalate things and inquire with the New Zealand embassy.

After that I complained to Dibosh. They promised to replace the distiller and compensate for the damage . However, since June 6, they have not responded to my email and have completely ignored it without taking any action. As a customer, I feel manipulated, disrespected and cheated.
So, I will communicate directly with you.

The amount of compensation for the alcohol wasted is as follows:
Material cost ... $399/ [Kome Koji] 6Kg X $ 50 = $ 300 / Rice 30Kg = $80 / sake yeast = $19
Labor cost ... $399 (1 month labor)
Distiller …. $297

Total $1, 095

Material costs such as Kome koji can be found on Amazon. The basic nature of these circumstances is that the material cost and labor cost should be the same, which is perfectly reasonable in this situation.
I refuse to exchange new distillers when I can no longer trust them so I will return the garbage distiller with their conscience.

I appreciate your efforts to solve this. I look forward to receiving a response as soon as possible.

Ki Jae Lee

Kijae_L_[protected] [protected]@hanmail.net

• Updated by kijae lee, Jul 10, 2019

Please refer to the email content from the beginning to the present and with the seller.

19/06/06 15:31
    hi
    hi there
    I have sent you a letter claiming compensation over a week ago, and you have yet to take any action.
    It is once again disappointing that your company does not take your mistakes and customer complaint seriously.
    I do not want to waste my important time on this unnecessary work anymore, and I would recommend that your company finish this as soon as possible to avoid losing more economic losses and credibility.
    19/06/05 17:05
    19/05/29 01:58
    Hi Lee,
    Long time, I hope you are very well.
    I am so sorry that I made you have such a big lost.
    Sorry, I will ask my boss and then give you a reply.
    Sorry again.
    Hi Amy

I will trust your stainless steel distiller and accept your offer.
    The amount of compensation for the alcohol wasted is as follows:
    Material cost ... Kome Koji] Rice / 6Kg X $ 50 = $ 300 / Rice 30Kg = $80 / sake yeast = $19
    Labor cost ... $ 399 (1 month labor)
    Total $ 798.
    As I said earlier, it was my mistake for not checking the rice wine after using your distiller and consuming it - I take responsibility for this.
    The basic nature of these circumstances is that the material cost and labor cost should be the same, which I think is reasonable in this situation.
    19/05/29 00:33

Hi Amy
    It means that consumers cannot disassemble and analyze the machinery without the consent of the producer or legal authorization. So I asked you whether you agree or not with it.
    19/05/24 00:14
    19/05/23 18:50
    Thanks for your reply.
    We will take the resposibility of us.
    And so sorry for my poor English, would you please explain to me what is the meaning of " dismantling the distiller is legally required by the manufacturer", I am not understand what do you want us to do by saying this.
    Looking forward to hear from you.
    Hi Amy
    Thank you for your reply.
    When I drink a distilled liquor, it is my fault that I did not check it properly, so I do not want to ask you about the responsibility of having a stomachache.
    However, I will charge you for damages about my drinking and other problems after talking to my lawyer .
    And dismantling the distiller is legally required by the manufacturer. Do you agree with that?
    19/05/23 16:57
    19/05/22 01:37
    Hi Mr. Lee,
    We really didn't lie, please believe us.
    All pipes are new and definitely not waste.
    I'm really very sorry for your stomachache.
    We hope to help you solve the problem.
    I hope you could try our stainless steel distiller?

As for 80L wine, please accept our apologies to you and your wife.
    May I ask what we can do to satisfy/compensate you?
    Looking forward to hear from you.
    Hi There
    You do not seem to understand the situation of the case well.
    This deceitful excuse makes me feel uncomfortable.
    I also want to believe you, but the truth of this does not allow it.
    Your distiller made distilled liquor mixed with rotten waste oil and metal powder residues, and my friend and I drank that liquor and stomach ache.
    Furthermore, I have abandoned all the precious 80-liters of wine that my wife has crafted over a month for my retirement party.
    If you can not accept that fact, I will dismantle the still tower and divide the pipe inside to make sure.
    19/05/22 01:20
    19/05/21 23:56
    Hi Lee,
    We are apologize to this.
    I know you are very angry with us now, very sorry.
    I promise you that we did not use any waste copper pipe on our distiller.
    Our technician said that red copper have problems with rice wine.
    Usually, we use the red copper distiller to do brandy(fruit wine)
    And when doing rice wine, we use stianless steel distiller.
    What I suggest is that we send you a stainless steel distilling tower for free for you to check.
    Is it ok? looking forward to hear from you.
    Sorry again.

Dear Customer,
    Thanks for your interesting in us, we'd like to tell you that we will have our traditional Chinese New Year holiday from 28th Jan - 15th Feb. So the order placed before 26th this month will be sent out before our holiday. The orders placed after 26th, will be sent out on 16th Feb. So please extent the processing time if time is up thanks in advance.
    Thanks for all your support and understanding. Happy new year!
    1、Could you do drop shipping for us, and put our logo on the products?
    2、Is there any discount you could offer?
    3、What is the size of the tri-clamp on the barrel
    Hi there.
    I bought your alcohol distiller and used it, but something bad and unexpected happened.
    However, even after distilling all 80 liters of rice wine, these sediments continued to emerge.
    We drank the sake without checking it first and this resulted in severe stomach pain and diarrhea.
    I would like to hear your explanations before committing the sediment materials for analysis to the agency to determine whether someone was malicious and deliberately gave us dirty equipment or if there was a mistake in your manufacturing process.
    Please see attached photo.
    Hi
    This one has been sent out yesterday.
    And you will see the updated tracking information today.
    19/04/10 15:53.

Dear Customer,
    Thanks for all your support and understanding. Happy new year!
    1、Could you do drop shipping for us, and put our logo on the products?
    2、Is there any discount you could offer?
    3、What is the size of the tri-clamp on the barrel
    Hi
    When I order an item at AliExpress, I usually get a information from the seller in 2-3 days, but this time I have no contact from you.
    I wonder if my order is still in process or has been sent.

Ki