Diamond Internationalpoor quality

Purchased what I believed was a beautiful ring with 44 white diamonds and 57 blue diamonds on september 15, 2009 while on my cruise in alaska.

On october 4th, when I was showing the ring to a friend she pointed out that a diamond was missing.

Called the very next day and was told to fax my documents (I did), next day I was informed that because it was within thirty days they would only replace the diamond and if I have any other problems with the ring I am on my own.

I requested a full refund because I believe the ring to be poorly made with a diamond coming out in less than three weeks (not even worn every day) and a rma number to return the ring.
The fun begins and this still is not resolved. Good news my visa card company has stopped payment and is now helping me with my complaint.

Spoke with another friend and she said she would never purchase again from diamond international because they do not guarantee their jewlery and she had problems with her one and only purchase of two rings.

Earlier I purchased a ring on board ship and it came with a life time warranty, I have received the certificate in the mail, from now on this will be the only way I purchase jewlery while on a cruise.

• Je
    Jeff Orr Oct 13, 2009

I am from Ketchikan Alaska and I know most of the store owners, I know for a fact that they stand behind what they sell as they are not a fly by night stores at all, they come to Alaska for the summer months and back to the Virgin Islands for the winter, or Florida. I am sorry that you feel that they do not stand behind what they sell, I or my Ex wife purchased a fine watch from one of the Stores in the summer, well a few months later it needed repaired, took it back and they shipped it off for repair that did not cost me a cent. Got the watch back and its been working fine ever since.

• Ni
    Nin8y Dec 05, 2012

Wants to get money refunded for a defective ring.