Complaints & Reviews

Honda Accord. service

I initially took my car in for service, to Diamond Honda, at Puente Hills, City of Industry; due to oil loss (December 2015). I was charged $2, 700 to fix the oil leak and replace the timing belt. The service attendant, assured me the car was worth fixing, since the engine and transmission were good.

Prior to the repair, I had to put in oil about every 2 weeks, if used on a daily basis (driving about 100 miles per day).

The same week after the initial service, and used ONE day, I returned to have it checked/serviced, since oil loss had increased, such that I needed to put in oil every day, and after every use of car. Their response was to filled the oil tank, and asked I continue to add oil. When I said it would cost me about $1000 per year, If I had to do that, they suggested; I could come in and have it refilled by dealer. That would be very difficulty and nearly impossible since I live about 50 miles away from the dealership.

With tears in my eyes, I asked the service attendant how that could be since they were supposed to fix the oil loss, and not make it worse. I took it in two more times, and each time was told that I need to keep putting in oil. I continued to do that, every day, before I drove the car out.

One day the engine light went on, and I took it in immediately. I was told the service team that had serviced the car was not in; therefore they gave me a rental car.

Although I had put in oil regularly, the oil leak was inside the engine, and it caused the engine to crack. It is now inoperable and at the dealer. They recommend replacement of the engine. They want want to charge me $5, 000 to replace the engine. I no longer have the rental car. I have told them that since they did not address the oil leak when I took it in initially and 3 subsequent times; my good engine was ruined by their improper service.

This has caused me a hardship, given the limited transportation options in Southern California area. I currently do not have a car to drive. The dealership has been unwilling to take responsibility for their lack of proper service to my car, and consequent ruin of the engine. And heaven knows what else was ruined...

What can one do, in cases like this??? HELP, anyone...

Bait and switch

On 6/21/10 I purchased a car from Diamond Honda of Glendale. Due to my poor credit, I was told I needed a co-signer. Fortunately, my fiance's mom has excellent credit and we were told that we could use her as the co-signer, even though she lives in Texas. Exactly one month later, 7/21/10, my fiance received a call from the General Sales Manager, Tanal, and told him I needed to come in to re-sign the contract. When asked why, Tanal said they were able to take his mom off the contract and have the car under my name. My fiance asked if the terms have changed, i.e. higher monthly payment, or other changes, and he was told no. The GSM only told him that I needed to pay for the first month's payment of $410 and some change, and postdate it for Aug 4, 2010. My fiance called me to tell me what had hapened, charged time to leave work early on 7/21/10 to go to the dealership to re-sign the contract. When I arrived I waited a long time for the finance person to assist me. Finally when I was called in, and as the papers were being printed, the finance person briefly left the office. Upon his return, he said that I needed to pay $1, 000 down payment. I was shocked and said that I was told differently, and he said that those were the terms in order for me to sign for the car. I asked why the co-signer was taken out of the loan and I was only told because she is out of state. Shouldn't they have known from the beginning that they couldn't do that? And why did they wait one month later to change the terms on us? I feel as if they used the car as BAIT and SWITCHED the terms on us. I had no choice but to pay the money they asked, or else I would have had to walk home. They could have disclosed all of the information over the phone, so I could have been more prepared. Instead I felt I was cornered and forced to pay in order to keep the car I've had for a month. I feel that we were treated unfairly, and I would NEVER recommend this dealership to anyone! YOU WILL BE SCREWED! It makes me wonder how many people they have done this to, and how many more people will they do this to! We are very outraged! We gave them a chance to accommodate us but we were told nothing could be done. Their GM and GSM hide behid their desks because they're scared to hear what consumers like us have to say.

BAD BAD BAD Service

Diamond Honda of Puente Hills---THE WORST SERVICE THAT I NEVER MET!!!

I go to the Diamond Honda of Puente Hills in City of Industry, (17525 E. Gale Ave, City of Industry, CA 91748
United States, Tel: [protected])

I arrive there and plan do oil change Service at 5:20PM on Friday. Their business(Service Department) hour is OPEN Monday - Friday 7am to 7pm, Saturday 7:00am to 6pm, Sunday CLOSED. But their Service department refuse to do oil change Service for me. they tell me their oil change guy leave at 5:00PM, so I have to come back tomorrow. I ask them why and point the business(Service Department) hour on the door (OPEN Monday - Friday 7am to 7pm )。 They say sorry about that...

WHAT!!! I drive 30mins to the Honda Dealer, and they refuse to do Service for me, Because their Service guys want to go home two hours earlier !!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices