Denver Mattress/Legget and whoeverCustomer Service

Take a seat...
1. I called Denver Mattress for warranty issues regarding my adjustable bed (I need this because I have had shoulder surgeries on both arms, have a bad back and have lung problems, it's easier to sleep in a recline position). I was told without a reason to call the manufacturer. (sorry but I would have thought there would be some responsibility on Denver Mattress, but whatever)
2. I called Leggett who said they could do nothing without the serial number, something I didn't have.
3. I called back Denver Mattress who proceeded to give me a hassle because they weren 't responsible. She gave me to her boss. Who was willing to send me someone to help find the serial number and would assist with Leggett.
4. I found the serial number, called Denver Mattress and told them and was told a manager would call.
5. Manager called, said he was told I wanted him to call. Which I didn't. He said I would need to go over a checklist, that he would FAX to me. I said fax to me where? He said well I can go down to the local store and get it. I'm sorry, but I guess not having a car, might make that difficult, which I told him. He huffs on the phone, no joke and says he's just trying to help me.

See they will honor the warranty, but I have to pay to have the piece put in.

I said, what piece, they don't know what piece I'm referring to. I told him I went over this before and he said, "Not with me"...jeez. I told him he could talk to my lawyer.

6. I called the corporate office (or thought i did) and was told I shouldn't have an attitude...sorry when was it a part of customer service to tell a customer that they had attitude? I never did that in 20 years, I don't appreciate it when some young person does it to me...anyway...I have a $1400 piece of room decor and am sleeping on a recliner...Good Times.

Regret the purchase...completely
Will never return...definitely
Will pull them through every mud hole I can find till everyone in Colorado knows that they don't care about service.

• AnastaAnam Sep 14, 2009

Unfortunately bad customer service is getting mroe common lately. I have worked in customer service for many many years. Its a VERY hard job. People call and treat you like dirt when they have no clue what is going on because they have never talked to you before. Most places have ALOT of customer service reps and info doesn't flow between them all easily. I hate to say that but unfortunately it happens often. You could even manae to find someone working in bound customer service who thought it would be easy and they would make a chunk of chane doing it, so when they keep having to deal with irritated people, they tend to be rude. I'd like to say that I am truely sorry for any customer service rep with a bad attitude that you have had to try to work with from any company you have called. I love customer service because I love helping people and making them happy, no matter what it is. Its just how my personallity works. Try again. Start out slowly and calmly. Before it gets to a point that you wuold happily strangle someone, ask for a supervisor, and keep at it til you get one, because they have been through more training and have worked for the company longer. Don;t settel with a jerk! You don't have to :) Good luck.

• Ki
    Kimm1970 Mar 16, 2010

Well it was settled... after sleepless nights, time lost and about $300 it has been repaired. Too much headache and never again.

Oh and I found out, the lung problem was and is a chronic pulmonary embolism...not fun

Jodie McNalley Apr 22, 2015

That is too bad because i had just the oposite service! My rep from the Ft. Wayne, Indiana store did eveything for me and ordered me a whole new bed, I drove to the store with my old one and had my new in my truck and was on my way home in less than 20 minutes. It was a great experience for a warranty claim. I did purchase one of their mattress and not a brand that they don't make so maybe that was the difference or maybe it was just the people in Indiana that are just awesome!! Would return there any time! Jodie McNalley