Menu

Dental Insurance review: Policy Issues

C
Author of the complaint
3:56 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My son went to the dentist for a regular cleaning and was told that he had some cavaties, so we scheduled him to come back few weeks later to have the work done, the work cost over the $1000 yearly limit, so we ended up paying out of pocket. We scheduled him back in 6 months later to have his regular cleaning done, and several weeks later we received a bill for the cleaning. I checked the policy under the coverages, it stated that all "preventative work was covered 100%". I called Metlife, got through to a call center, the guy was polite however he said the reason why we got the bill was because our son exhaused his yearly limit of $1000. I told him that this was NOT stated anywhere in the booklet under the terms and conditions "small print' I asked him to tell me what page it states that all preventative work is only covered 100% subject to the yearly limit? He could not tell me, i told him this is because NO where in this book it tells you. He admitted it was very unclear this booklet. I asked for a fax # or tel # so i could sent a writen complain, he said they have to have me speak to supervisor first then if still not resolved then i can write in. I was on hold for several minutes, for the guy to come back and say all the supervisors were on calls and would return my call back within 24-48 hours, now its 51 hours later and still NO call back. Now i have a cleaning bill for $145, which i think is unfair, because their manual was unclear in stating this information to us, how are we supose to rely on good information if this information isnt accurate! I am now going to find an address to Metlife's corporate office to file a complaint.

More Dental Insurance complaints & reviews