Dee-V-Dee.comFraudulent Advertising and Product

On 10-28-07 I ordered what this Dee-V-Dee.com website advertised as the complete set of DVD's of the TV series "Get Smart". I paid for the order with my credit card and eventually did receive the order on 11-9-07. However when I opened the box, I could tell that the DVD's were merely copies. They were not original DVD's, nor were they in the original "special box" advertised on their website. I purchased these DVD's as a Christmas gift for my brother, so I was completely disappointed at what I received. I wrote to the email address for the [protected]@Dee-V-Dee.com and expressed my disappointment and that I wanted to know if these were original DVD's. I never received a reply. Tonight I decided to play a couple of the DVD's, and one of them isn't even Get Smart at all! It is a DVD of an MTV show called "Daria". I sent another email tonight to the Dee-V-Dee email address demanding a refund. I doubt I will get a reply. I've never had this happen before. What steps can I take now?

More Dee-V-Dee.com Complaints & Reviews

• In
    Inthe Know Oct 24, 2007

The site is currently under investigation and recent payments are being traced back to the service. Legal actions are in early stages of initiation. Rest assured, dee-v-dee.com is not above the law.

• Ki
    Kieran E Nov 03, 2007

I ordered DVD's over a month ago and have still not receive them. Very disappointing. I will "wait and see" for one more week - then am going to approach them again. Four emails not replied to thus far.

• Li
    Lisa Dix Nov 12, 2007

I'm still waiting for a refund... or product... or even a coherent response from this group. Pls help me!

• Ar
    Arthur Karpfe Nov 27, 2007

Hi, I ordered DVD collection 10-19-07, they confirmed order 10-20-08, wrote to them 10-28-08 about order# 30421 not delivered, they responded that shipping takes 10-14 days, and a shipping/tracking # was to follow. Again wrote on 11-5-08 'that if deos not come by 11-23-08 then I must cancel, too late for intended gift', they said that a refund will be issued in 5-7 days, no refund has appeared on my credit card account as of today11-27-08. Thank you, ak

matthew zimmerman Dec 16, 2007

I ordered transformers the complete series.It took 3 weeks for me to finally recieve it and the were all burned copies of originals talk about a rip off. The case to the sets also arrived broken. This really aggravates me.

matthew zimmerman Dec 16, 2007

Fraud plain and simple.

• Je
    Jessica Spiers Dec 20, 2007

Order DVD set. Never received tracking number or email stating that it was shipped. I contacted the company through emails from my personal email and also through the website itself. Never heard anything back from them. I was charged $82.52 and an additional $1.65 for a credit card international fee. They are a slick website with no phone number or mailing address to be able to file a Better Business Complaint. I will be filing a claim through my bank. Beware of this company.

• Ap
    apriyile D. Vidales Dec 20, 2007

On aprox the middle of Oct 2007 i purchased THE INCREDIBLE HULK COMPLETE COLLECTION on this "DEE-V-DEE .COM.it was suppose to be complete with no commercials.NOT!!! i t has commercials and they are copys!!! Also on the death of the Incredible Hulk towards the end it cuts off!! WHAT THE HECK! I wrote them back and they never responded finally they responded and said that i would receive my full refund on my next credit card statement NOT!! I've emailed them about it and am still waiting for my refund and a response!

• Pa
    patrick talty Jan 03, 2008

I ordered some barney miller dvd set and when i got them the quality of the dvds were very fuzzy and the sound was real bad so i contacted the dvd company and they said just return them and i will get my money back i mailed them nov7/07 and they came back they were refused they by Dee-V-Dee i sent back to the same address that was on the box i just want my money back i will never do bussness with them again.

• Ve
    VERNESTINE R CARTER Jan 08, 2008

I ALSO FEEL RIPPED. I ORDERED THE COMPLETE TV SERIES OF SPENSER FOR HIRE. I THOUGHT IT WAS A KUNG FU MOVIE, TALKING AND THE MOUTH NOT , COMMERICALS, SEEN SO MUCH ADS ABOUT CAGNEY & LACEY NO THANKS, BY THE WAY THAT WAS MY NEXT ORDERAFTER SPENSER NO THANKS. DISC 2 DISCORD IN A MINOR, DISC7 ROCKABYE BABYTHE DISC RAN OUT BEFORE THE SHOW DID MY GOD WHAT HAPPEN ON THE END MISSING ABOUT 10 min ON BOTH DISC. THE REAL SCREW UP ONE IS THE LAST DISC 17 IT HAS NOTHING ON IT I MEAN NOTHING. SO THATS 4 MORE SHOWS THAT I DON,T HAVE. ONE CUSTMOR LEADS TO MANY.

• Ve
    VERNESTINE R CARTER Jan 08, 2008

VERNESTINE CARTER
    SPENSER FOR HIRE ALL 56 SHOWS TOTAL TV SERIES
    ORDER#28770
    [email protected] HAS BEEN CHANGED TO
    [email protected] LOCALNET.COM
    TRACK # CE374948444CA
    I PAID IN FULL 86.00 AND GOT LESS THAN WHAT YOUR COMPANY PROMISED TO DELIVER, THE NO COMMERICALS, WHAT A FOOL I WAS TO BELIVE THAT ONE VERNESTINE R CARTER.

• Ga
    Gayle Selvaggio Jan 26, 2008

In early October of 2007 I ordered the "Twin Peaks" series for my husband as a Birthday present. The tapes came from Canada? They were not new tapes but home made and in SPANISH! I wrote to Dee-v-Dee and complained. They emailed me and said they would refund me. I asked for a return shipping label to send them back because I wasn't going to pay for retun shipping, especially to CANADA! They emailed me back and said not need to send them back , that this would avoid any further shipping charges to me. I emailed and asked when my refund would come. They replied "Your refund will be applied shortly. The refund request has been sent to our processor. Thank you and have a great day" I Never got the refund! I emailed them again and their response was the same. I have emailed them three or four times since then and now they don't even respond to my emails. Those tapes cost me $91.00!!! How do I get the refund?

• Wa
    Wayne McCombs Feb 06, 2008

Purchased DVD from them and the entire set of DVD's were mislabeled and did not match up with program on menu. Shows were nothing more than copies off of WGN-TV in Chicago. I e-mail 5 times... nothing!!!

DO not buy from dee-v-dee.com!

Joanne Snelling Mar 21, 2008

I Ordered a DVD from this company as a christmas present for my sister. however i was horrified with the product. it was a mere COPY of the show, RECORDED BADLY off the tv. Whatever you do, DO NOT TRUST DEE-V-hey are scammers. and when i insisted they give me a refund, the emails were not answers and the refund was not given.

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!

• Ge
    GerH74 Aug 28, 2009

I ORDERED NEWHART DVD COLLECTION ON 10/12/07- MY ACCOUNT WAS IMMEDIATELY DEBITED FOR 129.99. ONE WEEK LATER I RECEIVED AND E-MAIL SAYING MY ACCOUNT WOULD BE CREDITED BACK BECAUSE THE DVD COLLECTION WAS OUT OF STOCK. I HAVE NOT RECIEVED A REFUND AS OF 12/7/07. I HAVE E-MAILED NUMEROUS TIMES AND I KEEP GETTING THE SAME RESPONSE -MY ACCOUNT WILL BE CREDITED IN 5 TO 7 DAYS. THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD. THEY ARE JUST GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND. I AM SURE THEY ARE OPERATING OUT OF SOMEONES BASMENT.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices