DeDe PlankeyUnethical

J

My 87 y.o mother was admitted to the hospital after a series of falls. My brother and I traveled from Tx and Fl, respectively, to assess the situation. Upon arrival, my brother “front” paid my mother’s rent for Dec2011, to include future rent for Jan 1012 to the end of February 2012 to the office of DeDe Planky. At no time did she inform us that my mother had already paid December 2011′s rent. She accepted a check form my brother for December 2011 thru the end of February for my mother’s rent in the event she should return. At no time did she indicate that my mother had already paid for December 2011.

More significantly, my brother, after locking himself out of my mother’s apartment, @ 1730, CST 12.13.2011, he attempted to reach mgmt and inform them that he was locked out, in 22 degree weather in Wisconsin, and in need to gain access to the apartment for both his personal belongings (as he was staying in my mother’s apartment) and his daily cardiac meds. The response from DeDe Plankey was that she could do nothing for him to gain access as she was visitng her mother in the hospital. The maintenace man was called with no response by both my brother and I. To this date, neither of us has rc’vd a call to explain what happened secondary to their non-response.

My most vicious complaint is….what if that was my 87 y.o. mother standing outside her apartment, with no way to gain access, and mgmt refused to ring an alarm bell to assist her because she needed assistance from mgmt ???

The obvious answer is detailed in her response..”.there’s nothing we can do for you, I’m visiting my mother in the hospital and I can’t leave.” “…and I don’t know where Mike (Maintenance person) is.”

Again, I will reiterate, what if that was my 87 yo mother standing there in 22 degree weather ?

The professionalism of this entity is undoubtedly in question….taking checks for a rent already paid and refusing to assist, much traveled, family members in their mission of finding resolution to an elderly lady’s malady is despicable.

Her refusal to offer any type of solution to the problem only further validates that this entity is MONEY (RENT) business with miniscule customer service with little or no regard for the residents.

I highly recommend that any future prospective residents avoid this apt complex at all costs.

Cranston Terrace Apartments | DeDe Plankey