Decarie Plumbing & Heating Ltd.Decarie Plumbing & Heating Ltd.

J

On July 1/09 my sump pump went and I had a flood. I called Decarie Plumbing to come and they told me that
I needed another sump pump, that my old one was burnt. So they installed a new sump pump. And charged me for the sump pump and installation a total of $828.00. On July 11/09 I had a nother flood in my garagae
and Decarie Plumbing had to come back. They re-positioned the new sump pump they had put in on July 1/09. On Aug. 23/09 I had another flood in the garage and Decarie Plumbing had to come back again.
They told me that they had to reposition the check valve because the ball on the pump was not working properly due to the check valve. While he repositioned the check valve it started to sizzle. So we had to turn the power off. The technician went and got another new sump pump to install. On Sept. 22/09 we had a really
heavy rain storm in the morning. I come home and I hear the sump pump running. Which it was not raining
then. I open up the lid for the sump pump and there is smoke coming out of it. The pump had been running since the morning and it would not turn off on it's own. I call Decarie Plumbing again to come and fix this problem. I called at 6:00pm and the techician showed up at 10:00p.m. He turns around and tells me that my
pipe is blocked and that I have to get all my pipes re-done. If my pipes were blocked I would have had a flood, which I did not. I told them that I wanted another new sump pump installed. Decarie Plumbing refused saying it was not the sump pump that was defective. They put a used sump pump and refused to hook it up to my pipe that is in pit. They put a hose on the pump and ran the hose to the main drain in another room. This was just to be for over night. They were suppose to come back on Sept. 23/09 at 7:00a.m. to fix everything properly. They have not shown up and are not answering my calls. Plus they wanted to charge me for everything which I refused. Saying that I have paid $828.00 and has not been working since they put the sump pump in. The second sump pump that went up in smoke, they wanted to re-install this and I refused. Saying I can not have a pump put back in when it was up in smoke. They are refusing to give me a another new pump. Also they took this pump with them when they left. Which they had no right to as I had paid for that. I did have a few people check out my pipes and I have been told that there is nothing wrong with my pipes and also that I have been overcharged by this company. I would like this matter to be resolved. Is there any way that you can give me some information of what I can do about this.

You can contact me at [protected] or my email address at: [protected]@sympatico.ca

• Pe
    Peter Mensch Dec 15, 2010

Sounds like sour grapes to me. I have dealt with the folks at Decarie Plumbing for over 10 years now and have complete confidence in both the owner as well as his men. Matter of fact Decarie Plumbing installed a sump pump in my basement over 7 years ago and it is still going strong!

It's really rather simply. Something downstream from your sump pump is blocked and is not allowing the water (that the normally functional pump discharges) to leave or evacuate. There for it has no where to go and forces the pump to keep working and working until the unit overheats and dies.

I am no plumber but it seems to me that more than one pump dying within a matter of a few short weeks in the same household means that there are drainage issues and NOT the pumps.

If your toilet drain or pipe was blocked below the toilet, would you continue to install news toilets or would you actually have the common sense to investigate the actual cause of the problem.

I wonder how you have elected to address this "issue" in the time that you posted this complaint? I for one would love to have you purchase a pump from say Reno-Depot and install in place of the pump that Decarie installed for you. And then when that unit died within a few short weeks return it to Reno and try again and again with yet another series of pumps. Oh but wait! Your pipes are not the problem right? It's the fault pumps huh?

Good God!

I am sure that the folks at Decarie are thrilled that you no longer call them no? Get a life!

• Va
    Valoua Feb 08, 2016

They are not trusthworth. There words means nothing. We had a bad service from them also and invoice, ah don't get me started. We asked the owner to look into it, he said he was going to call back, he pass the check and never did call back or looked into it

To avoid at all cost. They are adding to the stereotype that plumber cannot be trusted.

From now on I'm getting a sign in sheet and sign out sheet from any Plummer

• Be
    BernieC Feb 08, 2016

I would avoid Decarie Plumbing at all cost! Horrible customer service. I got plumbing work done last fall, and I was overcharged. They quoted me a price, and invoiced me double. Not to mention, complete disrespect to the customer and the property as the plumbers walked across the house on the carpet with their wet boots.