Dealfun.comYou spend an awful amount of money and usually get nothing

R

I just tried this out today. I am worried that it is just like Bidfun. You spend an awful amount of money and usually get nothing. And then you have to spend alot of money to buy more bids. I spent $69. to join and $27. for 45 bids that went very quickly. I think I was had.

• Kp
    kpage9499 Jul 30, 2012

I purchased a bid package from Deal fun.com and initially there was great communication from their support department when I had incorrectly purchased the wrong bid package. They promptly refunded the difference between the package I purchased and the package I meant to purchase. However, once the initial refund had taken place, the website stopped offering anything worth bidding on and I requested a full refund for my bids. This was in February and I have contacted them several time since but have had no response. I would appreciate the refund especially now that they are no longer in existence!

• Pl
    Pliager Jun 20, 2012

I have been on dealfun for a while. In the last couple days i have noticed that when i bid on some of the items they are selling with 4 seconds still to go, so I am just wasting my bids and money when they are sold on you. i sent 3 msg in a row back there response was if you have other tabs open in can cause a delay in the time. Thats crap as i have had nothing else open and it only happens to a few of there items. Its A scam. i have bought several items as yet i have not seen any of them.

• Un
    unlucky57 May 01, 2012

I have to agree with you because I won one auction back in Dec. and have yet to receive it, and they will not respond to any of my numerous e-mails.

• Sc
    Scammerdude Apr 24, 2012

None of you will EVER receive ANYTHING from this group of PROFESSIONAL CON-ARTISTS. They own and run other sites such as Vitaminfix and ZaaZoom. Dealfun at one time was Bigpenny, then Bidrack. Adam Hudani in Vancouver, BC, Dan Dupina in Orlando, FL and Ryan Ives in take your pick Orlando, FL, Ohio or Montgomery, AL. Their customer service is done out of a Call Center in Montgomery, AL called ASK Telemarketing. The head dude there is Rick Burley. I've been after these thugs for a long time and now I have the goods on them all. It's only a matter of time before the you know what hits the fan. Google these people and call them up. You'll be glad you did.

• Ar
    ARISTOTLE2012 Mar 21, 2012

I have been waiting for delivery of a Nikon camera since August 11, 2011. I have written on several occasions and have been assured that the problem would be rectified. The "problem" was (a) a lax shipping department, (b) showing the item as "in preparation for shipping" for several weeks, (c) showing the item as "shipped" but listing an ineffective tracking number and (d) and so on. The Customer Service department was great at making assurances in writing. They were a failure at carrying out their assurances. At last writing, I was to have received a refund of the money I spent on the camera. As you might guess, I have been waiting for the refund since December 11m 2011 (even though I was promised the refund within five days). Yes, when it counts, DealFun is a ripoff.

• Re
    Rej.e Feb 15, 2012

This is an auction site which I won a two auctions for electronic goods and several for more bids. The only thing I actually got was the bids won and they charged me for the auctions won. I never received any goods from them. I complained and they refunded me the actual price I paid for the items which wasn't much but haven't responded to my emails for the cost of my bids. Had I known I wasn't going to get anything, I most certainly would not have joined. They just took my money and then took more. Now I am worried about my credit card number being in the hands of unscrupulous people. I would really like to get back all my money they conned from me, can anything be done about it?

ps. I kept the emails if you need.

• Ku
    Kulkode Feb 06, 2012

THIS SITES IS THE WORST. I have bid on a few things and so far have received only one item of the three i have won. The item is a wallet and they sent the wrong one and wrong color. I emailed them and no response going on 7 days. There is no customer support that is claimed to be great. I think the workers are writing theses reviews. Now after watching the site for days now they are not offering anything worth bidding on. I mean come on, the first page and there is 12 head bands 5 bid cards 2 makeup and a FLASH LIGHT. I think I have been scammed DON'T USE THIS SITE.

huntington Feb 05, 2012

FRAUD sounds about right after reading I am not the only one having the same issues!
    Where are those customer service reps now?
    Probably out of a job as none of the live chat options work work now.
    Off Dealfun into the Hall of Shame with you!

huntington Feb 05, 2012

Joined this site for fun when we saw it on the news two months ago.
    Since then we won quite a few things. Waited and none were delivered. Told they would be sent soon and some had already showed up on there records as received. Months later I am told the vendors they used could not meet the demands and that they would credit me in bids spent for the items!
    Now all the nice auctions are gone and been replaced with the most unwanted items you could ever imagine!
    So they gave me back the bids now there is nothing to bid on!
    No one answers questions now and what do I have to show for the money I spent?
    Nothing!
    Sounds fishy to me at best!

huntington Feb 05, 2012

I too got into this DealFun because I saw it on the news about 2 months ago. Things seemed to go well. Bought my tokens and away I went to auctions. I won things I never dreamed of owning, but hey it was a fun things to do even if I had no use for the items I won!
    Fast forward 2 months later...FEW of the items I won were ever delivered! They told me I had already gotten a few, then told there was a mistake and they had not been shipped. Now I get a letter saying that all the items were from venders who could not meet their demand and NONE of the items will be on their way to me.
    They credited me for the bids I spent and my credit card for some of the items, or so they say they have or will! Now when you go on there are very few auctions at all!
    Oh hello...sounds fishy to me!
    Save your money and find another hobby

• Sm
    SMB55 Feb 03, 2012

I won 7 items on dealfun at xmas time only to have an email last week to say the items were cancelled, my money was refunded back into my credit card account. Also bid vouchers to the value of their retail price.
    My problem has been:
    No items that i wanted to bid on ( nothing similar to what i had previously won)
    vouchers expiring each day as i couldnt use them fast enough
    for the past few days each time i went to bid, the site would log me off and i wasted 100s of bid vouchers as the auctions had finished.
    The deal wheel has been out of action the past few days
    Now the site is down for maintainance for two days
    I have made 2 requests in the past three days long with several follow ups and no answer to date.
    I am very disappointed with the customer support not answering my emails.

NoMoreScams! Jan 28, 2012

I heard about Dealfun on TV, and checked it out. Saw the Android machines going for what appeared to be great prices, bought a $119 bid pack with a big wad of bonus bids thrown in, and started bidding. It wasn't long before I'd posted enough bids to "buy it now" for a few bucks, and I did that. I spent a lot of bids, but that's the game. So in total I paid about $125. Not an astute purchase, but hey, ...

5 days later came the email that it had shipped. For the next 2 weeks I tried the shipment tracking info, only to get a web page failure. Emailed DF about it, and asked where the goods were. They gave me a few voucher bids - which expired in 10 days - as "compensation" and told me they would re-ship, then even sent an email saying that had occurred, and forgot about me. The "re-ship" never showed on my account, and the original tracking info from shipper 4PX only showed that DF had "requested" a shipment, not actually made one. Not looking good...

Meanwhile I discover that their system consumes REAL bids first, unless you explicitly tell it to consume VOUCHER bids first. So a few days after my purchase, all those bonus bids disappear, along with my confidence. Another strike!

30+ days into this mess, I complained about the lack of shipment receipt and asked for a refund. To which they email-replied that the vendor they were using had broken promises, and they were issuing a refund of my real cash money in the form of bids. I checked, and there they were. All in the form of VOUCHER bids, which will expire in 10 days. Yikes!!! So I hop on the site, check the auctions, and there's not Android anything to he had. Keep in mind, that's the ONLY reason I bit in the first place. I did bid on and "win" an iPod Shuffle - here's hoping it's actually REAL - and then discovered while bidding that VOUCHER bids don't reduce the buy-it-now price like REAL bids do - so I had top hope to win the auction, rather than switch to buy-it now at some point. Grrrr...

I have since asked DF Support to change those refunded VOUCHER bids to REAL (purchased) bids. Not a peep since then, and I'm wondering if my account is now gone - almost afraid to check. Please - do suspend disbelief when you read that "15-minute response time on all emails!" That just means their auto-bot email answerer sends a message to you saying they got it. Not that a human will actually engage in a response. It's now been 48 hours since my least support email, and crickets are all I hear. Strike three! (Or is it five?!)

DF - make good on your obligation to your customers NOW! Or risk the wrath of an angry web mob. Some of us are even IT geeks...

carolhughes Jan 18, 2012

dealfun is so mess up, i join the club, for the 165 bids, listen do not join, won an android on dec 7, 2011, granddaughter so happy, xmas came it never came. xmas was so unhappy for me and her . iam so sorry i wished i gave her the 20.01 in her hands in stead of theirs.call on dec, 13. told me thgat it was in the states, here it is jan. 16, 2012 still not here. please do not join this club. i am a very hurt and sad grandmother, deal fun do not keep doing this . i am on ssi, i so wanted this for my granddaughter

• Fr
    frankie hughes Jan 17, 2012

deal fun i am a grandmother on ssi, join your club, purchased 165 bids, on dec 7 brought an android for 20.01 today is jan 16, 2012, called was told it was in the states on dec 13, . granddaughter hates m todaye because of you. xmas was a mess. i am still telling her the same lie. today they told me it was over seas in china, stop lying to me so i can stop lying to her. a hurt and mad grandmother you can call me [protected].

• Wy
    wyhorsegal Jan 09, 2012

I have to agree with the majority of you. I started dealfun (dumb move on my part), and I have had nothing but problems. At first customer service responded, but it's now been over 6 weeks, and I've only started to receive some of the items. Now I get no response from customer service, and items that I have received are pretty much total JUNK! What a joke. I will be glad when I use up my bids, and go shopping on a real site.~~~~~ wyhorsegal

• Pj
    pjgrethel Dec 28, 2011

I bought the bids earlier than today, but I now see that this has to be a scam. I've bid, clock runs out several different times only to have someone else make a bid 5 seconds later. One time it was about 20 seconds later. You figure that when they sell an item for $100.00, that's 10, 000 bids times $.50 per bid, they are making $5, 000 on an item that sells for a few hundred dollars. Of course, I can always buy the item for much more than it costs at other places online! What a scam.

• Je
    jeze Dec 07, 2011

I learned about DealFun while on another site. I decided to try it out and bought a $99 bid package. Once I really got onto the DealFun site, I realized that the merchandise offered was not what I was looking for. I sent an email to DealFun...and the email was very easy to do...asking for a refund. Within a couple of hours I had a very nice and professional email response telling me that my $99 was refunded and thanking me for trying out DealFun. Because of my experience with DealFun, I will never believe it is a scam.

cadenkane Dec 04, 2011

I'm starting to think that dealfun.com is a scam. I've emailed them twice now and no response from them!!! I received an email letting me know that my order has been sent with a tracking number saying that at anytime I cab just click to see where it's at, there's know where that I can do that!! I'm hoping my order is here on time before Christmas, it's a present for my 7 yr old son. If customer service reads this my user name is cadenkane check it out. Also why is there no number for customer service?? Sometimes it's easier to make a call and speak to someone about the problem there having!! Make me a believer that this site isn't a scam!!

cadenkane Dec 04, 2011

I'm starting to think that dealfun.com is a scam myself. I've emailed them twice and no response!! They say my order has been shipped and sent me a tracking number, it says click on tracking number to see where my order is, know where can I do that at all!! I placed my bids and won on 2 items that I wanted for my son for Christmas, becoming a little concerned I won't receive them in time!!! And for customer service if you respond to this my user name is cadenkane, have a look into it for me. Make me a believer I haven't been scammed!!!

• Co
    coolbreeze22682004 Dec 01, 2011

I ALSO HAVE WON SEVERAL ITEMS AND IT HAS BEEN 26 DAYS AND I HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED ONE ITEM I WON AND PAID FOR I DO BELIEVE THIS IS A SCAM AND THAT YOU CAN ONLY WIN SMALL ITEMS I BELIEVE THEY HAVE BOTS THAT ARE OUT BIDDING AGAINST YOU FOR THE BIG STUFF AND LIKE I SAID ITS BEEN PAST 21 DAYS WHERE IS IT !!! IT IS NOT IN MY HAND !!!I THINK DEAL FUN IS A SCAM!!!

• Ak
    aksaranto Dec 01, 2011

Well, I joined Dealfun.com about a week ago. I purchased their bid package that guarantees you a win within 24 hours. While I was bidding, their website kept redirecting me to a different part of their website, which made me lose the items that I was bidding on. I have sent five separate emails to their customer support email and have not yet received a response. This site is using false advertising & deceptive practices that don't allow the consumer to actually win the particular item that they were bidding on. My first email to them requested that they replenish my bids, as guaranteed if I didn't win within 24 hours. I received no response. I then sent them an email regarding their website redirecting me to a different portion of their website during the bidding of an auction. I received no response. Now I have sent a total of five emails to their customer service email over four days and have yet to receive a response. Today, when I logged onto their website, the bids that I had left in my bank were completely wiped out. I have requested a refund and informed them that I was going to begin the legal process if they chose to continue to ignore my complaints, and I have still not received any response. Some customer service. Chris & Roger, why are you only responding to customers on complaint boards and not actually taking care of your customers like you claim to pride yourself in.

• Mi
    Mishymilk Nov 25, 2011

This is a total scam!!!1 As soon as I registered I culd no longer even get on the site!!! Scam Scam !1 I canceled this on my credit card and am reporting this to the BBB!!! You won't be up and running for long so enjoy scammers!!!

• Me
    MeraN Nov 19, 2011

It is the biggest scammed ever invented. I tried it just because I saw Martha Stewart endorsing it, I should have know better. Since i didn't win the bid i have the option to buy the product. They said the retail value of the product is 139.00. They have no other info for it just Kindle e reader. So i checked it on Amazon, since it is an amazon kindle reader, and the kindle that is 139 is the WiFI + 3g. The one for 99 is just with wifi. So since they have it listed as retail for 139 I thought I would be getting the wifi +3g. But not so. I emailed then numerous times. NO RESPOND... They just keep on giving me free bids, which I have no plan to use, so they can scam me some more... DEAL FUN IS A BIGGEST SCAMMED...

• Se
    sea_monkey Nov 16, 2011

i won the IPAD a while back for 180, i was so happy and waiting for the items to come but it never did came. so i message the company several time without a response. therefore DEAL FUN IS A FUKING SCAM DIRTY SCAM

• Sc
    ScamDetector55 Nov 14, 2011

You know its a scam when they have to setup fake websites to get customers to come to the site so that it looks legit. Check out this link. It looks like a news story and I originally clicked on it from Facebook. http://ch9health.com/shopping/index2.html I have no doubt that it is a dynamic page that updates with the current date so that it looks more legit. If you ever see these sort of pages just go to the root of the website, in this example http://ch9health.com and see what it shows you. This shows you an empty directory on whats probably a linux box owned by dealfun lol. Give it enough time or someone important who gets taken by the scam and they will go after these sites.

• Po
    Porksword Nov 10, 2011

I use dealfun nearly every day bidding on small items that never go over $1. But the trick i've learnt is to never buy bids as a bid pack, they cost too much and are for greedy, unpatient people. What I do is use the DEAL WHEEL. you get one spin a day and land somewhere between 2-9 bids. now this doesn't seem much and the bids only last 24 hours but if you play your cards right then you can end up getting a 10 bid pack for 0.01 cent and boom, you have 19 bids and your away laughing. my only problem with dealfun is that it takes 21 days for your order to arrive. Thats the real scam. Im patient enough to only use 9 bids a day but waiting 21 days! dream on! I want my Mini vaccum cleaner NOW!

• Ro
    Roger Dealfun Nov 10, 2011

Hello,

Roger here from the Customer Relations team. Always here to help!

It is very unlikely that you would not have received any response from our customer care team, there may have been some problem. If you could please let me know me your username / Email ID here I will personally investigate this for your right away. We have a very pro-consumer policy and I'm sure you would be delighted with the response.

We take pride in our customer service levels. Our team is available around the clock and we are always here to help. Customer satisfaction is our main goal, and we go the extra mile to ensure our customers are happy.

• Me
    megaheadliz Nov 10, 2011

i have contact you 3 times and and no reply i would like two no what i suppose two get from you in deal fun as my credit card shows me depoist out of mt account and then say you answer in 15 mins well thats not true and tou want a reply as iam cancellin and not good business thanku l

Adam DealFun Nov 08, 2011

Hi RedlineM203,

Firstly to address your question: we are in no way attempting to curtain criticism. Our sole and sincere attempt is to ensure we hear our customers from every channel and address their concerns to the best of our ability. As a perspective, the 6 positive comments could be genuine but no, we did not have anything to do with them.

We also do not have any bot bidders. We also understand this is a genuine concern surrounding this industry so we are in the process of engaging an independent audit firm which will review our process and certify there are no bot bidders in our system.

Kindly let us know how we can help you clarify your questions and doubts about our business model :)

Always here to help.

Sincerely.

• Ro
    Roger Dealfun Nov 08, 2011

Hi cogman62,

Roger here from the Customer Relations team. Always here to help!

I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience at our site. We have very pro-consumer policy. Where did you see a no refunds issue policy on our site? :) If you are not happy, kindly email us at support[at]dealfun.com or share your username / email ID here and I'm sure you will be very happy with the response.

Adam DealFun Nov 07, 2011

Hello,

Chris here from the Customer Relations team. Always here to help!

Firstly, we are sorry you did not enjoy the experience at our site. Where did you see the "no refunds" on our website? :) I can assure you we have a very pro-consumer policy, if you write in to us at support[at]dealfun.com you will be delighted with the response. Or if you could share your email ID / username here we will be glad to assist you right away.

• Co
    cogman62 Nov 07, 2011

I feel like I've been had. All for $69. No refunds issued, according to the website. Messed around with a few auctions one day and it took hours for an auction to close with folks upping the ante a penny at the time. I don't have time to watch this stuff go on auction for hours at a time. No fun was had. Then, I learned of the $69 charge--this sucks. And to boot, I didn't win one auction.

Adam DealFun Nov 02, 2011

Hi Larrcfli,

Chris here. Firstly, let me apologize for this miss, we are extremely sorry about it. Yes, surely I can follow up on this. Can you kindly share your username / Email ID here I would be glad to take it up for you.

Again, sincere apologies for the team.

• La
    Larrycfli Oct 30, 2011

I ordered a kindle reader on 8th Sept from Dealfun and still have not received it! I have written two emails to them and they just replied me that they had had escalated my enquiries to the shipping dept and no more news from there! I sent another email asking for immediate response or refund, and there has not been any reply this time! I am extremely disappointed. Chris, can you follow up on this?

Adam DealFun Oct 23, 2011

Hello,

Chris here from the Customer Relations team. Always here to help!

Yes, the average shipping time is between 2-3 weeks so if you order in the week of thanksgiving you should receive it by Christmas. We have tons of products up for auction for you, and have a very pro-consumer policy. You can try us out and if you are not satisfied with your experience, please write to us at support[at]dealfun.com and I can assure you you will be very satisfied with the response.

• So
    soccerchick5 Oct 23, 2011

if i order something of dealfun.com will it be in south carolina before christmas if i order it the week of thanksgiving??
    does dealfun.com actually work?

• Gv
    GVix Oct 21, 2011

Reading these comments has changed my mind on not to register for this website it sounds like a scam and you waste your money. Kind of a rip off for the people especially during these tough times. Reading comments of employees from Dealfun.com is a joke!!! lol really stupid! haha funny. well I agree DealFun sounds to good to be true. Not Safe!

CanuckDroid Oct 05, 2011

Of course it's a scam. I found it by clicking on a link about overstocked ipads at low prices. I couldn't even get to the site since it wanted me to register for these overstocked iPads that they needed to unload at low prices. So I just typed the URL in directly and then watched the suckers drive an iPad 16 up to over $300.00 worth of 60 cents per penny bid. That's $18, 000 to Dealfun. That's because it an overstocked Ipad!!! What a joke. Then the company has people post here as satisfied customers and when that does not work they post as a caring company that gives to charity. Wake up people. The people at Dealfun are the worst ### on earth. They prey on the ignorant, weak and vulnerable. But take some consolation. There really is a thing called "Karma". Have fun rotting in hell you DealSCAM folks!

• Bu
    bullitpete Sep 30, 2011

Joined bidfun today and bought bids to see what it was all about. After seeing how it all worked I was shocked at how much the house 'bidfun' were making. Per auction 100's of bidders must be spending £20-£100 for nothing and ONE lucky punter gets a bargin! Well I say bargin, they would pick up a product for around 50- 70% of its true value. It odds are completely stacked against you. Alas fair play to customer support, I requested my money back and no questions asked with 60 seconds they told me it was refunded. Make up your own minds.

Pete U.K.

Joshua Felthoff Sep 26, 2011

I haven't joined "dealfun.com" yet... was searching out the complaint boards as well as the media boards (NBC, CNN, FOX news, etc.) to see if "dealfun.com" is participating in charity fund raising or anything of the like.

I've noticed a trend in successful companies; if you make an enormous amount of money in any given fiscal year, that company (almost all the time) will give back a nice percentage of returns to a needy cause determined by a good cause of effort from the community. Press releases and new coverage CANNOT lie about the claims actually recorded. Yes, many times, media doesn't include the entire story on a major issue to get the viewers to stick to the 'good/bad guy' concept of that subject material, but I doubt there it little to hide when it comes to another online business.

Here, read this, maybe it will spark some intelligence within the masses: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release/dealfuncom-surpasses-a-quarter-million-users-and-partners-with-major-charities-232943.php

It's a good thing to see these things, as well as doing your research into the BBB (Better Business Bureau). Scams can't be registered in the public disclosure of practices listed in the BBB... check it out yourselves.

...and there are a good amount of complaints about Ebay.com, Amazon.com, and other bid/buy auction sites. If you look closely, it is the people who feel like they didn't quite get the concept of the game and cry "Scam!". If that was the case, then football, or any major American sports for that matter, would never exist given that the losing team would call "Scam!" after the referee made a "bad call" or seemed to be "paid off" by an unknown source.

For those who do read this, I don't work for "dealfun.com", or any affiliated site associated with them, thereof. I'm a simple man with a simple plan: seeing through the mist.

Get real conspirators, go tell people about how the emo grass plots to kill itself to make your lawn look bad cause the universe it out to get YOU, and ONLY you... or the fact that you don't water your lawn and point the blame elsewhere. Yeah, you know who you are, so please calm down. You type of people are those who talk loud in a library, and after getting kicked out, say it was unjustified; those who never turn down, or turn off, your cell phone at movies despite the several messages to do so and hear mocking whispers; those who don't read the 'entrance/exit' signs at most grocery stores and wonder why people are so rude to you saying "Don't you know how to read the sign?!"; those who fight against police through a stupor rage or some idiot move and get pinned down, then crying wolf to news reporters saying you were 'a victim of police brutality'; those who don't show up for court or show up late and get an unfavorable sentence and cry you were 'done wrong by the system'.

Give me a break from the idiots of our world! But then again... I like those idiots, it's the balance of things. Without them, who's to determine the intelligent individuals who run the mill of society? If EVERYONE was smart, there would be complete chaos... and if EVERYONE was an idiot, the same resulting factor would exist.

My name is Joshua Felthoff of North Port, Florida. I'm not too worried about my identity, the smart ones will figure it out soon enough, and I'm giving the idiots a head-start of the race, seeing that they need it.

Good day!!