DealfunNot a genuine online auction site

R

I joined this bidding site thinking that this is a genuine auction site. But after joining the site (to join one has to purchase bids) by purchasing minimum bids available on their web screen for AUD 69.01, I started biding and soon noticed and made me feel there is something very suspicious about the bidders. They are making millions I suppose as you get nothing for the amount you spend on purchasing bids. There may be one or two bidders who get success but by that time they have earned much more than the value of the item.
Hope and pray US police will track and trace these culprits and put a seal on their website before more people get into trouble

Ranjith - Australia

Not a genuine online auction site

More Dealfun Complaints & Reviews

• Cr
    $croodge Mar 03, 2012

March 2012 and the DealFun Site no longer functions. I tried to log in but my registration has been cancelled so I would presume they have now cancelled all accounts.
    The brighter side is that DealFun have deposited money back to my bank account for bid packages purchased and money paid for items that I won that they have not supplied.
    I can say that I did get over 50% of the products I won delivered and that without having to take legal action against DealFun they have compromised a difficult situation by refunding the money I paid to them.
    The best that can be said from my personal situation is that they are trying hard to make amends and put things right and to everyone who has suffered a loss I believe Dealfun will refund you accordingly if they are able to.

• Ju
    juddy1000 Feb 10, 2012

I bought bids and won an item. It never arrived - they said it was lost in the post. I bought an item (prior to realising the first item would never be seen) and that also never arrived. I was given credits for both and the credits were taken in one night because they were "unused". It is a total scam - buyer beware.

• Cr
    $croodge Feb 09, 2012

I won many items and was concerned about the delay of shipping I finally did actually start receiving some items but still have more to arrive!
    I received email from DealFun to notify me that their supplier had let them down and they had given me voucher bids to the value of the goods as compensation.
    I told them NO!
    Voucher bids expire after 10 days!
    Please supply the goods from another supplier.
    It appears that the DealFun site is all but closed and the Deal Wheel no longer functions.
    I cannot get any response from them so it looks like DealFun has crashed and some one has run away with the money.
    The average Tablet sold for $30.00 so they actually were selling $80.00 Tablets for $1830.00 that's a great profit margin.
    Keep ya fingers crossed that they put things right and deliver as promised.

• Bm
    bmwvette Feb 06, 2012

agree items won not delivered. they say company does not have items sold so they give voucher bids instead but don't tell customer that they expire

ann spivey Jan 28, 2012

i won a bid on a ipad and i havent got it yet it been a month but they got my money

• Li
    lilmamaRhonda Jan 27, 2012

Penny Auctions Scam. Win items but never receive them!

• Da
    DAVALLER Jan 23, 2012

I agree I won a quad band phone early december never arrived have contacted them many time still no phone it has got to the stage they do not answer my mails any more the tracking code for this item from the shipper does not register failed code is all I get and they also do not answer mails now looking at legal advice as the union lawyers say they will advertise in the union magazine here in Australia and affiliate unions in USA to find out if other members are having the same problem have never dealt with a company like this in my life

roachie Dec 13, 2011

I agree with Chris. I purchased three items which stated were sent over 3 weeks ago. Haven't recieved one of them yet. Christmas will be here soon. Very unreliable on delivery, but real efficient with purchasing more bids to get nothing.

Roger Dealfun Dec 04, 2011

Chris here from the Customer Relations team. Always here to help!

We sincerely apologize for this delay, and we would like to assure you this is not a regular incident. If you can please let me know your email / Username here I will try and get this resolved for you on priority. Or you can also mail us at support[at]dealfun.com

We take pride in our customer service levels. Our team is available around the clock and we are always here to help. Customer satisfaction is our main goal, and we go the extra mile to ensure our customers are happy.

Roger Dealfun Dec 02, 2011

Chris here from the Customer Relations team. Always here to help!

Firstly, we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Could you please let me know your username / email ID here and I would be glad to investigate your case on priority and revert asap.

We would also like to assure you this is not a regular case and we take pride in our customer service levels. Our team is available around the clock and we are always here to help. Customer satisfaction is our main goal, and we go the extra mile to ensure our customers are happy.

• Hi
    hillskill Dec 01, 2011

I bought a kindle nearly three weeks ago from dealfun and the order has still not been posted. I have emailed 3 times and no reply.

• Co
    coolbreeze22682004 Dec 01, 2011

i have won several small items and paid and it has been over 26 days and i have still not received my products.i believe this is nothing but a SCAM!!!and they have bots out bidding you on most all of it, mainly the big items!!! don't waste your money on buying bids from this so called penny auction site

Adam DealFun Sep 07, 2011

Hi Peter,

I believe you have been contacted by our Customer Support team and are satisfied with the resolution. Please let me know if you need anything else and we will be more than glad to assist you. We treat every interaction with our customers as an opportunity to learn and improve, and endeavor to delight all our customers.

Our team is available round the clock should you need anything else.

Adam DealFun Sep 07, 2011

Hi Peter,

Thank you for sharing your details. VP of our Customer Service operations will be in touch with you soon to understand your problem in detail and action accordingly. Please do not hesitate to write to me again at adam @ dealfun . com (without the spaces) in case you are not satisfied with the resolution. We take great pride in our customer service and can assure you you will be provided a desired resolution.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

• Pe
    peterclifton Sep 07, 2011

Chris @ deal [email protected] peterredd

Adam DealFun Sep 06, 2011

Chris here from the Customer Relations team. Always here to help!

We are really sorry about the inconvenience faced. I understand you have been in touch with our Customer Support, and they have given you the extra bids. However, I will also be escalating this problem to the technical head to investigate as we have not faced this problem before. If you would be so kind as to give me your username / email ID here, it would help us in the investigation.

In addition, if you would like any other resolution to your problem please let us know and we will do everything we possibly can to ensure you are a satisfied customer.

• Pe
    peterclifton Sep 06, 2011

Hi I have been in touch with the support centre a few times in the last day ot two... The problem i had was i bid and the clocked stopped at 00.01 and no other bids so thinking i had won the prize, , , Wrong about 30 seconds past and all of a sudden it started up again with another bidders name and away it went again, and the more i pushed the bid now button at 00.01 on the clock nothing happened so Go Figure and i will tell you i spent about 300 bucks not knowing what or how much and iam not usually that dumb at all. I will say the support team did give me A LARGE credit 265 bids Thanks but iam to scared to use them as i dont think i can win a thing Regards Peterredd

Adam DealFun Sep 04, 2011

Chris here from the Customer Relations team. Always here to help!

We would be most glad to process your refund. Kindly email us at support @ dealfun . com (without the spaces) and we will get back to you within 15 minutes. Else, if you could please share your username / email ID here with me, I would be most glad to assist you right away as well.

• Co
    concerned15 Sep 04, 2011

Hi I would like to get a refund from dealfun.com as well. How can I get my payment back? I haven't bid on anything.

Adam DealFun Sep 03, 2011

Hi, This is Adam here from the customer service department. I would like to re-affirm that all our business practices are conducted with utmost integrity and honesty. All our bidders are real and we do not engineer any auctions.

We take great pride in our customer service and if you are not happy with your experience here, please write in to us at support @ dealfun . com (without the spaces) and I am sure you will be very glad with the resolution provided. We do not follow a "got you" approach towards our consumers and if a consumer is not happy with the program, all you need to do is write in to us and we have an opt out program. I am sure you will see the results for yourself once you have written in to us.

Most Sincerely

• Ju
    JustTheFactsJack Sep 03, 2011

DealFun <http://www.dealfun.com> is one of the easiest internet auction sites to LOSE YOUR MONEY.
    Their advertising reels you in, and search engine maneuvering PROBABLY helps the site to dominate search results when you’re looking for an auction site similar to eBay. There’s supposedly even a news reporter demonstrated quick success at DealFun.com; don’t get suckered in as I did. DealFun is an extremely frustrating waste of money for at least three main reasons.

1. The auction can go on forever, and there is absolutely no oversight to ensure that those actually bidding aren’t acting at the behest of DealFun.

2. You MUST pay 59 cents to bid a penny. Not quick with math, let me break it down for you- it will cost you $59.00 to bid the amount of $1.00 on DealFun. You must pay for a bid package with your credit card during registration.

3. You pay whether you win or not, period. They MAY offer some convoluted deal which allows you to use your lost earnings toward the full retail cost of the item upon which you were bidding.

4. The frustration factor of not knowing when the bidding will end will most likely cause many bidders to walk away and that’s easy money in the bank for DealFun. At least with eBay, there’s a definite time as to when the bidding will end. With DealFun, you’re basically stuck at your computer pressing the bid button to increase the price by a penny and the timer continuously resets itself as other buyers do the same thing.

5. Now, let’s say that you’ve gotten lucky and you win an auction. You then have to pay for the item at the cost of the auction, PLUS you’re out of the money that you spent to place bids on the item in one cent increments. Remember, each penny bid that you place will cost you 59 cents, subtracted from the bid package that you purchase upon registration with your Visa or MasterCard.

I cannot assert that dealfun.com is a scam or that it’s illegal, but I can say from personal experience that it is a rip-off geared for those trying to quickly get something for nothing. I tried it out on a whim and stopped bidding after six or seven bids. The premise of auctions that goes on for hours and hours while collecting money from everyone regardless of win/lose status is a great money-making scheme. I would have been better taking my money to a retail store and using it towards the cost of the item for which I bid.
    If you take away nothing else from what I’ve written, think on this. Would you pay a retail store $59.00 for a $1.00 gift card? Learn from my mistake, save your pennies.

I agree with the other writer here. It’s not a genuine auction system. It’s a brilliant and quite simple online money-making scheme.

Another Unhappy DealFun customer

Adam DealFun Aug 26, 2011

Hi this is just to let you know I have posted detailed replies to your post. They are being reviewed by the site editors and will then be posted. Please let me know your username, we can gladly provide you a refund. Sincerely!

Adam DealFun Aug 26, 2011

Hi, Thank you for your reply. I would like to take this opportunity to clarify a few misconceptions about the number of bids that go for a product like iPad. Although there are many bidders and only one wins the product, rest of the bidders more often than not exercise the buy it now option. Under Buy It Now, the value of credits used in the auction can be applied against retail price of the product and the consumer only pays the balance. This is in no way beneficial to us as the products are listed at their retail price, but we are committed to providing this benefit in the best interest of our consumers. In addition, we suffer heavy losses in our various auctions which go for pennies, especially now that we have completely free shipping!

I would also like to confirm that all our auctions are absolutely genuine, and they are not doctored by any chance. To get a formal certificate for this, we are in the process of undergoing an third party audit which will confirm this.

Regarding Paypal, we are in the process of implementing this feature soon.

We have an extremely pro-consumer policy thus we can gladly refund your bids. Can you please let me know your username / email address so I can look up your account? We believe in retaining a consumer for a long term period, so as to build a sustainable brand.

We take extreme pride in our customer service and thus have just one request: give us a chance first. Email us at our customer care ID. If you are not satisfied with the response, there is obviously no stopping you from posting on such complaint boards :) Most Humbly and Sincerely!

• Ra
    R Ananda Aug 26, 2011

Hi Adam
    Thanks for your reply. As I have indicated in my complaint that I am not satisfied with the way the bidding was taking place. I was watching bidding on some items for a while after my initial bidding resulted in loosing few dollars for nothing. On an item like "Apple- iPad2 with Wi-Fi - 16GB" - the bidding goes on for hours, initialising the clock (which indicates the bidding time left) back to 00:00:16 after every bid (every bid is money). Can you please let know how many bids and dollars get raised on an item like "Apple- iPad2 with Wi-Fi - 16GB" where bidding goes on for another few hours after the original set time lapses. After joining your site, I started bidding on an item "Nose and Ear Hair Trimmer" just before the time to finish the auction was over. Soon as I press “BID NOW” with just about 00:00:25 left - immediately it was overbid, I pressed "BID NOW" again and again for few minutes. As soon as I stopped bidding, one of those who rushed to overbid me in your site (I cannot say whether they are genuine or not) won. It immediately brought a doubt in my mind. I have already lost few dollars for nothing. A site like yours should have the option of paying through "PayPal".
    Since I am not happy with ‘Dealfun’ and can you please place a refund for at least for the balance remaining 99 bids left to the same Visa card and cancel my account?
    PS: I will email this to the given email address

Adam DealFun Aug 25, 2011

HI, I am from the Customer Service department and noticed your comment here. We can assure you that our site functions in all honesty. If you are not happy with your experience at our site, please email us at support @ dealfun . com (without the spaces) and we are confident we can provide you with a resolution which is completely satisfactory to you. Else, if you can share your username here with me I can take care of it too. Please do note that we have no intention of luring customers and our attitude is not "got you". We take great pride in our customer service and can confidently state that any customer who has emailed us has been completely satisfied with the response. You can try it for yourself and if not, can completely negate my statements here in the open forum again. Most Sincerely!