DCS, IncHarrasment and wage garnishment

E

I went to school on line and had student loans, unfortunately I got fired on 2007 I was out of work for 6 months, I got a part time job and it only lasted for a few months. I got letters and so forth telling me that they would garnish my wages. I tried talking to these people to let them know I did not have a full time job and that the jobs I had was only temporary. Well they took my income tax and I was force to leave my home because I did not have the money to pay rent or utilities. All this is reflected on my credit report.

In 2006 I lost my house which I had bought in 2004, I tried to do the bankruptcy but I could not pay it since I had my hours cut and had to get transferred to another plant within the company making less then what I was making before. Unfortunately the small hours and loosing my job, and being out of work for 6 months, my unemployment was barely helping me make it through. I was looking forward to the income tax I was supposed to received but the IRS turn it over to DCS for loan payment.

I got a job making minimum wage and living with my son in a one bedroom duplex. This job lasted a year and I lost it in July of 2009, I have been out of work since and have not been able to find fulltime work, I am barely making it with unemployment. I am 50 years old, with a teenage son. How can they garnish my wages if I am not working? I would love to pay my loans, but unfortunately I am not working at this time. I am on unemployment and its the only souce of income I have at this time. I do not know where to turn for help with this matter.

Emma J. Brown

• Bi
    billwhit1357 Jul 13, 2009

This is to inform you that the collection of the student loan of 1984 is impossible. I have already requested to have the loan dropped. I am medically retired, have no income, and will not be able to ever pay the loan. Even if I could pay the loan, I would not pay the interest or the fees & Costs, but, I am not able to pay even the original balance. Do what you want. I have not recieved any word about having the loan dropped and it has been at least six months. No matter, as I said, do what you want.

• Du
    DUMMY2101 May 17, 2010

Well I didn't know and I paid them now I am out 151.00 over the past 9 months, I agreed beacuse I could not afford to have my pay checks garnished. after my payment they continued to take money from me. I called to check and wouldn't you know it the number provied to me was asking for my accout info... I thought about it for a few sec call the nuber back a buck of time cause I thought I was dialing wrong But I was not. A VERY GOOD LESSON!!! Thank YOU!!! DCS Diversified Collection Services, INC. A Performant company. P.O.Box 9054, Pleasanton, CA [protected]. [protected]
    My "social workers" name was Heidi Hlomes Ext 7882. It sucks even more to think about how many REAL bills I could have paid with the money I GAVE THEM...

• Ke
    Kelleybear Mar 31, 2012

I also dealt with this company in the past I made payments for a year on the acct! When the year was up I called them several times leaving voices mail with no response back from them! So I figured I paid my acct in full now they are contacting me again threatening to garnish my wages! I asked him if I still owed that money back two years ago why would you wait so long to contact me, they had no answer I'm really believe this company is a fraud. I signed on to view my student loan and my balance is zero now I emailed the school asking questions they never returned my emails. It really just doesn't make sense why they would wait two years and come back saying I owe more money.

• Ru
    Ruthless Rider Feb 25, 2013

February 25, 2013 - I was contacted by mail and by phone by Jesse Patlin of DCS, Inc. several months ago regarding a Louisiana State Income Tax deficiency. I had paid my tax, and after looking for the old Tax Returns in my files, I found that I had in fact filed a return, and paid the remaining tax liability over the nearly $4000 already paid to the State of Louisiana.
    On the first phone call to me, Mr. Patlin offered an immediate settlement offer of $6, 500 to send immediately in order to "Stall further immediate action to garnish my accounts, or even face criminal penalties". Obviously I knew I was dealing with and Extortionist, or at least a total Knit Whit and BS Artist . He then sent several more mail notices and began to call me routinely. Always being very gracious and business like, I ordered Mr. Patlin to "Cease and Desist" after reviewing my files and having taken care of the issue directly with the LDR (Louisiana Department of Revenue) from 2004 which was nearly 8 years ago! i PAID MY TAXES, however Mr. Patlin was extremely angry and continued to harass me. After I conferred with my Attorney/CPA, I was made aware that the documented violations of the FTC collection practices violated by Mr. Patlin his FINES would amount to a minimum of $4000 and possibly more. I would advise anyone who is contacted or called by this Collection Agency or by Jesse Patlin to inform these bogus, and unscrupulous vermin and bottom feeding liars that you will NOT speak to them or discuss any issues with them either by mail or by phone. This fool who called me is skilled and attempts to intimidate, and frighten you with a number of threats that he cannot pursue without due process pursuant to your Constitutional Rights. Patlin and vermin of this type are very skilled in how they make you think you are going to be garnished or have immediate action taken against you. I suggest you contact any firm or agency mentioned by these people who he claims you owe money and investigate the issue independently as I did. After taking care of this I called this place ans asked for the name and address and to speak to the President and CEO of this company. I was hung up on by someone twice. We have written to the Louisiana Department of Revenue about this entire issue and have received correspondence. We have also filed a complaint pursuant to the "Fair Debt Collections Act" which was made available to me by my Attorney/CPA. Certainly after spending 400 days in 1969 and 70 in Vietnam allowed by to become one who is NOT easily intimidated. I suggest all reading this adopt the same stance. These people are schooled in creating fear and chaos in your mind. Be strong!

• Le
    leavemealoneu Jun 12, 2013

Emma, I am in the same bost as you but my school closed down all together. the name does not exist at all. and I was in school over 10 yrs ago. and the IRS has been taking my money every year so how can this be still outstanding. they purchase my account from someone else so they are other one trying to get money from me. so I feel your pain.