DazzlesmileScam

F

November 6th 2009

I was scammed by Dazlesmilepro and have had to cancel my credit card. I initially complained to the genuine Dazzlesmile website thinking they were the same outfit.
I have just received an email from them saying that they are going to shut Dazzlesmilepro down and need our help. Send an email to [protected]@dazzlesmile.com Or Sarah.[protected]@dazzlesmile.com and ask for the Sample Legal Form.
This is what they said

“In order to convince the FTC and courts of the deceptive practices that Dazzle Smile Pro was using to get people to sign up for a “free trial”, we are asking as many customers as possible to write up their stories. I have attached a sample declaration, which is the format used by courts. Please write up, in your words and with as much detail as you can, including names and dates whenever possible, what you experienced when you purchased Dazzle Smile Pro
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call me anytime. My direct line is [protected]. The sooner we get these declarations back, the sooner we can get this situation resolved. Please respond by e-mail for now and if we need an original signature for the lawsuit, we will send you a prepaid envelope so that you are not incurring any additional expenses.”

We now have a chance to get back at these criminals. Tell everyone you know on every Complaints Forum.

• Mb
    mbellows Sep 14, 2009

I have a phone number for you to call on this product:

[protected]

• Da
    dazzelsmile scam Oct 13, 2009

ordered free sample got scamed for reoccuring charges

• Tj
    T.J. Casto Oct 20, 2009

This was to be a risk free trail! Now they have debited my account for $87.62. They gave no indication that this would happen. Now I can't seem to reach anyone with this company to get a refurn and to be able to return this product. Has anyone had any luck with this?
    TJC
    Nitro WVa

• Ai
    aivasmith Nov 03, 2009

I ordered a free sample of teeth whitening product from DazzleSmile and paid $2.95 for shipping. I received something ( they called it gel applicator) and called the # I find in my credit card statement to be sure I won't be charge anymore for anything and found out that I cannot cancel first month supply charge of $87.62 . I called three times in one day to find out why I will be charge if I don't order any 30 day supply and three times I was on the phone with rude liars. Dazzlesmile is a 100% scam. It is a robbery.

• Tr
    Tragdienne1982 Nov 03, 2009

I've had nothing but trouble with this company. I saw the offer online and began to fill out the order form when I noticed the tiny writing at the top about being subscribed to some club that would cost me $87.62. I decided not to continue and didn't order. Surprisingly a few days later I got a phone call from one of their representatives who (for over an hour) convinced me that if I was unsatisfied by the product all I had to do was cancel and I wouldn't be charged anything other than the postageof $1.95. When I recieved the product it made my gums bleed and burn, so I called to cancel only to find out that I had to return the entire "trial product" as or I would be charged the $87.62. I returned the product as instructed by yet another representative. Today I got my credit card statement an there it was, a charge of $87.62. I called yet again and the woman on the phone told me that I should have put a number on the outside of my return package, when I explained that I was never given any number she insisted it would be in my "return information" which I also never recieved. Then she told me it should be in the e-mail they sent me.. which I also never recieved. Her answer to this entire scam was that "If you did send it back, then when they process your package you will be refunded your money. This should only take a couple of days." When I explained it had been over two weeks already her next excuse was "Well they have a really high workload, so I don't know when they will be able to get to your package." I'm guessing I will never see my money again, and obviously a lot of other people are sending their products back as well, hence the "high workload." Do not fall for this scam.

• Da
    dazzle complaint Nov 10, 2009

It was not clear they would take a later payment - said FREE TRIAL.

NOTES Nov 12, 2009

I thought it was worth $1.95 to see if the teeth whitening pen worked. NOT!!! BE CAREFUL AND DON'T DO IT. I received the product and after 5 days called to cancel. I was told if it were returned by the expiration of the 14 day trial there would be no charge. I even got an email verifying this. I was smart enough to get a confirmation delivery from the Post Office (the best $1 I spent). The product was received on 11/2, well ahead of the 11/7 deadline. HOWEVER, on 11/7 my credit card is charged $87. When I call, I was rudely told that the fine print states that it takes 6-10 days to have the information get from the receiving dept to the billing dept. 10 DAYS!!! My grandmother could have walked it to the billing dept faster than that! So do the math, 14 day trial period, 2 days for mail to return the product, 10 days to process the return. That leaves 2 days to decide. You might as well send it right back the day you get it...or better yet, DON'T DO IT AT ALL The other thing they don't tell you is that because their bank is in Canada, you are also going to get hit with a foreign currency charge on your credit card...for a product you don't even have anymore!!!

• Gg
    ggbear26 Nov 16, 2009

Was charged $87.50 for a "membership. I was unaware of this and had no clue such a charge was coming to my account. Has anyone gotten their money back???

• Ga
    Gary D. Gamble Nov 28, 2009

THIS IS A RIP OFF IT SAYS IT COSTS 1.25 AND IT HAS COST ME OVER 250.00 DOLLARS AND TODAY I RECIEVED ANOTHER CHARGE FOR A FITNESS PROGRAM THAT WAS NOT MENTIONED ANYWHERE THAT I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND THE PERSON WHO ANSWERED THE PHONE IMMEDITATELY ASKED IF I WANTED TO CANCEL SO THEY KNOW IT IS A SCAM THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE THROWN UNDER THE JAIL THEY ARE WORSE THEN DRUG DEALERS. AT THE LEAST THEY SHOULD HAVE TO RETURN ALL MONIES TO EVERY PERSON THEY RIPPED OFF. WISH I WOULD HAVE FOUND THIS SITE BEFORE I ORDER RATHER LET MY SON ORDER IT. PISSED IN TX.

• Ke
    kelly66 Nov 28, 2009

gary, Im kelly66 click on my name have posted info about them, they admit to scam

• Wo
    worriers Dec 16, 2009

This company operates as a business entity in Des Moines, IA --- I know caveat emptor, but let's be frank they do not provide customer service and their ads are very misleading. Like everyone else who has complained about them on this board they advertise one thing and then do not allow you to refute any charges nor will they deal with your credit card company on disputes.

They also have limitations on when you can return things and how long they allow you for transit of the returned product along with many caveats
    concerning time limits and so forth. Basically what they are doing is scamming the public into believing they have a product that you can't live without and then they will charge your credit card with authorization for products that they ship at their own whim.

They are basically a crime and disservice to the American Public. I recommend that every one avoid them and not do business with them.

chris wood Feb 03, 2010

I gave my credit card details to pay postage for a free trial of a DazzleSmile teeth whitening product offered in a pencil sized applicator. The website mentioned no other committments.
    I received the product (posted from Germany) which didnt work and wrote the idea off as useless.
    I next received my credit card statement & realised I had been billed $80 every 2/3 weeks since the "free trial" under different headings all from Cyprus.
    I called my credit card co. & reported the scam and cancelled the card. They said there were hundreds of similar client cases of theirs & they would only take responsibility for the charges from the date I had "cancelled " the service.
    I phoned the callcentre notified on their website for UK & received a "Service Cancellation Number" .
    I returned the trial unit as requested by recorded delivery to the UK (US & Australian returncentres were listed showing the size of the scam) & have heard or received nothing since.
    Four payments were charged to my card before I stopped it.
    This is a total scam with nothing received for the "service" which I never knew about.