Days Innhotel manager and the filthy room

R Nov 11, 2019 Review updated:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to you regarding repugnant experience I had with your hotel Days Inn by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port and I would like to get legal help if I don't get my FULL refund, not 6 days but 7 days, and compensated for the humiliation, embarrassment and being left with NO accommodation yesterday.

I am a professional business woman who is starting her second Master's degree in Fort Lauderdale. As I am in the process of moving and apartment hunting, I thought it'd a good idea to stay at a hotel at first. As I am a Wyndham timeshare owner and been an owner since 2002 with TWO deeds, I stayed at my timeshare at the beginning. Then last week, I booked through hotels.com at Days Inn by Wyndham. I had intentions to stay till end of the month. I am also attaching the reservation to this email. I went to the hotel yesterday. They made me wait about 3 hours to check in. I told receptionist girl about my previous bad experience at another hotel through Hotels.com and requested for a nice room when she could check me in. She said that it is a 2 star hotel and if I expect something nice, I shouldn't check in to that hotel. I got so disappointed because I had already paid in full! While waiting, an Indian man came towards me and started talking to me. He asked about my dog and I said he's service dog. He asked for ID and I showed it to him. He's Yorkshire Terrier. I thought he was just working there at front desk. He asked if he could take picture of my dog's ADA ID and I said ok. I didn't want to cause any trouble for my dog. Then he asked me where I am from and I said I'm originally from Turkey. He started talking some Arabic words to me which is known by Muslim people. First of all, I am not Arab and I am not Muslim not that this is any of your or anyone's business or concern. I am from Turkey and Turkey is NOT part of Arabic peninsula and we're not Arabs. We're Turks. Secondly, my religion is NOT his concern. Again, I didn't want any problems after last experience at other hotel so I just smiled and said nothing to the man who acted weird towards me. Then the receptionist told me that he's the manager of the hotel. When I was there, I saw police cars coming in and waiting there. Also, there were many guests complaining about rooms. As you can imagine, I said to myself how stupid decision it was to make reservation and pay in full for such a hotel.

He did my check in after like 3 hours and then I asked for bellboy for my luggage. He smiled to the receptionist girl like I was asking for something extraordinary like a helicopter or something. I said I am a woman traveling solo and I have luggage. He said they don't have bellboy. I told him I saw a bellboy helping other guests with their luggage. Then I said I would tip him good. Then he called a man named Robert. Robert helped me with my luggage and I went to the room. The room was horrible. It had an awful smell and was very small. The pillows were so hard that they could break window. The carpet was again disgustingly horrible. Then I went to the shower. I realized the bath tub sink was clogged with disgusting stuff. You can see in the attached picture how disgusting it was. I spent 30 mins to clean it and another 30 mins to clean the room. I just recovered from DVT and my left leg is still aching when I stand up so long. But as I am health conscious person, I couldn't stay or sleep in such filthy room full of bacteria. Later, I asked for softer pillows, receptionist said they had none. Around 2.am, I heard big fight next room. It was like gang members were fighting. I felt like it's an episode from Investigation Discovery. It was extremely scary. I thought I would end up dead at a disgusting Days Inn Motel! I called front desk. This girl who sounded like Indian barely spoke English and she hanged up the phone on me when I asked for security. I guess the hotel had NO security. In the morning, I called Hotels.com and wrote to Days Inn on Facebook and Twitter.Hotels.com rep said that nobody was picking up the calls. She said she couldn't get a hold of hotel as nobody was picking up. I tried myself from the room and nobody was answering. I called 5 times. So, you can imagine what kind of a hotel it is. I insisted her to call again and again because housekeeping manager told me that they would cancel my reservation and refund me back. Finally, she reached the hotel and said they'd refund for 6 days stay back to me. I told Hotels.com that I have no fund to pay for another hotel at this time as I am waiting for my international wire and also my refund from Days Inn and my security deposit from other hotel. She did NOT help me at all.

I called Hotels.com again and again but nobody helped. I never wanted to cancel the reservation before finding a good hotel but your Indian rude and nasty hotel manager canceled without even consulting me. I guess he thinks this is India, not USA where people treat each other with respect, care and dignity. While I was trying to book a hotel and find a place to stay, this hotel manager called me and told me if I didn't leave the room ASAP, he would call the cops to kick me out. I told him that I needed time to find a hotel and I said he's being racist. It was 12pm in the afternoon today. I was still on the phone with Hotels.com trying to arrange a hotel. Then I saw two cops came. I explained them the situation and they actually helped me with my luggage and advised me to complain to the headquarter. I am sure that was not their first time at that horrible motel.

I am a 43 yr old, well educated, business professional working in IT and I am a realtor in Florida. I have never ever went through something so horrible in my life. I have never been so humiliated. This happened to me because I trusted Wyndham in my hotel lodging needs and paid in full before I went to the hotel. Not only your company and your staff let me down, disappointed me and treated me awful and discriminative, I ended up having nowhere to stay as my fund was tied up in the bank on your side on the weekend. Is this how you operate? Is this how you treat people like trash? Is this how you train your employees and advise them to leave your guests out on the street in the middle of nowhere when they go through a terrible experience with one of your hotels that don't look like the pictures on your website? Instead of hiring cheap labor, you should hire educated, well trained managers who know laws in the US and who have respect for the guests and for your Wyndham brand.

This week, I will hire an attorney and I will send press release to the media about my awful experience with Expedia Group. If you do this to a Master student, to a professional business woman, God knows what you do to other people…I want full refund for my stay, NOT 6 days refund, that hotel even charged me 21$ extra, and I want compensation for being left without any place to stay yesterday and for calling the cops on me because I needed more time to book another hotel. Your racist hotel manager probably treats women this way in his country but this is NOT India. Him and other Indian front desk receptionist who did nothing at night about the gang fight should be FIRED.

I am not a disposable trash and I am NOT nobody. I am a human being, I am a woman, I am an activist and it's 2019! I will never forget how you treated a woman. I spent more than 70K$ to Wyndham NOT to be treated like this! I will talk to an attorney this week and proceed with legal action.

Regards,
Rengin

Days Inn

•   Nov 11, 2019

" I guess he thinks this is India, not USA where people treat each other with respect, care and dignity."

Cough, cough.

Do you watch the news?

mass shootings
    racism
    hate
    high crime rates.

Yeah American's treat each other with respect all right.

Nov 11, 2019

@Zachary2001 Yeah, US is way better than India. Go live there and you shall see... By the way, this is how most of the Indians treat women due to caste system. Obviously, you have no clue. They only respect men and most of the times, don't even listen to women even if she's a manager.

•   Nov 12, 2019

@Mel40 Like stated. I never said that any country is better. Just that in America people do not treat other's with respect. Also you sound as stereotypical as the OP.

•   Nov 15, 2019

@Mel40 You lack brain and education.

That's not what he said, genius!

Nov 25, 2019

@Mel40 You uneducated fool. You do not know how to read now do you. He never said that what you are saying is not true. He is saying that even in USA we do not treat each other with respect. You really are dense.

•   Nov 11, 2019

Not to mention you witnessed a gang fight. Not exactly treating other's with respect and dignity. On the other hand, most people like that are jerks to everyone. Probably had nothing to do with your race or gender. I do however get the impression that you are discriminating against him for being Indian by assuming that is how he treats women.

Nov 11, 2019

Obviously, you lack brain and education. Get an education and then you can comment. You're no different than that manager who lacks brain, integrity, class and decency. You can even be that same man. I wouldn't be surprised. I'm afraid we can't fight stupid and ignorant because you will beat us with experience.

Nov 11, 2019

@Fedfjarre Leave my mother out of this. One day I got into an argument with her and I beat her up. Before you go around bashing me in my country once a man reaches the age of 18 it is Okay for him to beat his mother and she deserved it.

Nov 11, 2019

@MeI40 What kind of disgusting a.hole's are on this forum?!!! Isn't there a moderator here? You're disgusting.

•   Nov 15, 2019

@Neighgf Well, many do disrespect women. Especially wives mothers and daughters. I've seen many Indian men push their wives, mothers and daughters out of the way so they could board the train first. Then comes the pushing them out if a subway seat.

I've also seen the effect it has on their young children. They are brought up to believe mothers and wives are inferior and not to be obeyed. However, guess who is with the children most of the time? Dats right... Women!!!

•   Nov 15, 2019

@Mel40 How can you criticize anyone when you say "you lack brain and education"? That doesn't make any sense and is not grammatically correct.

You lack a brain and an education, yourself, hotshot!

Nov 25, 2019

@Mel40 GROW UP. Just because someone tells you that you are wrong does not mean that they are the manager. Also fool you are the one that lacks education and brain. How can someone not be employed and yet be the same manager that you dealt with.

Nov 25, 2019

@Mel40 You beat up your own mother. If anyone is disgusting it is YOU.

☹️. Sigh...

They don't hire educated people to clean because educated people make enough money to hire people to clean FOR them.

Educated people are educated in other areas. You think the night cleaning lady at your college has any education??? No! If she did she wouldn't be a laborer!

You are really ignorant and racist if you go around like this. In Florida? You'll get your ass kicked. I want a bellboy and I'll tip him good? Dafuq, [censored]???

Why did you not get an apartment first before moving here to start school? (Again???)

Ridiculous. Stop while you're ahead. You can't learn anymore.

• H
      Nov 17, 2019

Well i would like to complain about pasea on pch. They charged over 1000 dollars when i already paid on agoda. I was given option to have a smoking room. I didnt smoke in room it was on balcony. They charged me 250 for it. I never had even seen sign of no smoking. They said they would put money back on card they lied

•   Nov 17, 2019

@Heather brandt Dafuq is pasea on pch?

Smoking in or on anywhere close to the room or connected to the room constitutes smoking in the room. Deal with it. Your cancer stick addiction cost you 250.

•   Nov 26, 2019

@Um is not an answer! 😂😂😂😟😟☻☻

As a rule NEVER BOOK THROUGH HOTELS.COM. You may find yourself in hot hell.com🥵

•   Nov 17, 2019

@mistyangel05 SECONDED! same goes for all the other sites.

use the sites to find out where you are going in relation to places of interest/amenities you want or need, THEN call [safest bet] their number to book room/s. its tedious but it does still get the job done.

Nov 25, 2019

You do not deserve a full refund.

•   Nov 26, 2019

All this cyber rage over a funky hotel room. All hotels have a little filth. Thousands and thousands of people rotating in amd out rooms every day all year. Some filth you can't see. So if you want to avoid this, stay at home in your own personal germ environment. Stop expecting perfect conditions in hotels. As long as its not low down dirty shame filth, shut your pie hole.