Date And DashScam and charge fraud

P

I have signed up for a Date and Dash event in Alexandria, VA in Feb'10. Instead of the promised $35USD fee they fraudulently charged my card $115 USD. There is no phone number to call and the address is registered under a PO Box in Chicago. The name of the owner is Villius Gavrilenka, who is a one man operation and a crook. When I came in to the event, I was the only person there with my friend, although the site claimed that there were only 2 places left. It's a marketing scam!!! I found some number linked to them online and any attempt to get a call back was unsuccessful! Never sign up for anything associated with this "service" and look for respectful organizations putting theses events on. Date and Dash is a scam, money fraud and should be reported to the Attorney Generals office!!!

• Ac
    Achangster Jan 06, 2014

Date and Dash is a total fraud. Back in 2009, I paid $25 and showed up in an event, but except there was no event in the place and I did not receive any explanation. Several years later, this site is still sending e-mail to scam me. It listed upcoming events in places that are no longer in business.

• So
    Sophocleous Lenia Nov 18, 2012

Monthly account charges that were never authorized by me in the amount of $9.99
    I registered in two different events and few hours before the event they send an email that the event was cancelled. The money are refunded only by re-regestering with a code for another event which it will be canncelled again.

• Ra
    RavenFan52 Oct 19, 2012

Wow, wish I had checked with the BBB and some of these complaint sites before I signed up for an event with them. My story is similar to the ones above. Signed up for an event in August. It was canceled - not enough people. Hostess said I could get a refund and told me to email someone at the company and ask for a refund. Person at DD said I could only attend another event. I was pissed. Then they started charging me the $9.99 per month. I shot off a nasty email to them and they claim that I automatically became a member when I signed up for the first event. What a load of B.S.!! But they said they would be go ahead and cancel my membership. Well, that was a lie because they kept charging. So, I finally had to cancel my card last month. Fortunately, my bank has reversed all charges from DD. But, that's not the end of the story. Unfortunately it's a Visa Check card, which means it's linked to my checking. Today, I find two more charges posted to my account from DD ... $29.99 and $34.00 ... WTF?? Called bank again. Bank says DD authorized the old card for these amounts a while back, before my card was canceled. The charges just came thru today. Can you believe that sh**?? Anyway, my bank is going to reverse those too. I asked what else I can do to protect myself?? Supposed they authorized $1000 before the card was closed?? Am I going to be surprised by another huge charge next week? Or the week after?? They assured me they will keep reversing the charges. But, she did say if it continues and gets worse, I may want to close my checking account all together. What a pain!! I just hope I've seen the last of it. I did not bother filing with the BBB since that is more geared towards getting a resolution from the company. Since no one can seem to get a hold of them, including BBB, and since my bank has reversed all the charges, I figure ... what's the point? Instead, I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. I told the FTC this website needs to be shut down and DD put out of business!! I also decided to post here, and will post on other sites, hoping to get the word out.

• Vi
    victim100001 Sep 26, 2012

Absolutely a scam. I paid $35 for an event back in March and they canceled for 3 times.Then they started charging me $9.99 each month for mingler status which I have never registered at all. I did not noticed the charge until yesterday.
    Anyone know which state this company is registered? Is it IL?
    Which organization has jurisdiction over this company?

• To
    Tom T. H. Sep 06, 2012

Definitely a scam. They cancel events on you left and right and all they say is we can sign you up for the next one. Then they say you are automatically signed up for a $10 a month mingler status fee. What a joke this company is.

• Ra
    Ray111 Aug 24, 2012

Date and Dash – is a nationwide scam hopefully you paid with a credit card and you can have your bank dispute all the charges. Looks like this SCAM has spread to the Miami area and they are now canceling any event scheduled in Miami and Miami Beach but charging the customers without refund. CONTACT YOUR BANK TO DISPUTE THE CHARGES AND MAKE SURE TO POST ON ALL MESSAGE BOARDS THAT THIS IS JUST A SCAM. Date & Dash / Date and Dash is a SCAM.

CarlaCCDD Feb 10, 2012

It's incredible that these crooks are still out there scamming people!!! Can't anyone stop them???? It's been 2 years since my problem with them and apparently they're still going at it!
    I was contacted last year by a group of journalists who were doing a story on National News about Date and Dash, so hopefully it will be out there soon so no more people get robbed by those scam artists...

• Cc
    CCM71 Feb 09, 2012

On the evening of 2/6/2012, I signed up for one of Date and Dashes free events. At the time, there were only two spots left for women and two spots left for men. I planned to meet my friend at the event the next day. On the evening of 2/7/2012, my friend and I showed up for the event and were the only ones there. The hotel did not even know anything about the event. We checked our email accounts and voice mails and did not receive any communication other than confirmation of our registration. We checked the website and the event had been removed only hours prior. We tried to contact Date and Dash, but only received an email back stating that it was our responsibility to figure out the event was not happening and that they had sent us an email. After waging a complaint through their Contact Us email account only as there is no contact number to be heard of, we received an email that was supposedly sent hours prior to the event stating "we sent you this email to let you know the event had been cancelled". Please be aware. I don't think this is a professional organization.

• El
    Elayne STL May 05, 2011

I worked for date and dash at an event in st.louis . I called him after the event and told him everything was great .And I would be happy to work for him agian.He said he sent payment out and would keep me posted on the next event. after a week or two went by .I called him and asked him where my payment was.He said he never asked me to work for him and he dont owe me ###.But I saved all my emails of him booking me for this gig.he just said I was crazy and he never asked me to work .He even blocked my number out .He is the jerk ### of the earth .Do not work for VALIUS from date and dash !!!It will only give you trouble!!!

CarlaCCDD Apr 07, 2011

NicoleWil, I'm so glad you read my story before you worked for this scam artist!!!
    Please go to the event and do that!!! People paid when I hosted the event and they never got any kind of service back. They waste their time and money!!! I received an email from the BBB in Chicago saying that the media are doing a TV story on D&D scams!!! And they are going to name Villius as the main scammer!!! I hope this airs soon before they scam more people!!!
    Thank you for commenting here! Your experiences add up and hopefully Villius will get caught for this soon...

Carla.

• Ni
    NicoleWil Apr 06, 2011

omg! he is doing an event this Friday night and i was going to host it, im soo glad that i read this. I kind of want to go there and tell the people walking in that it is a scam and not to pay! teach him a lesson!

• Da
    dateanddashisajoke Oct 28, 2010

I am a past employee and you guys are right, they are a scam. Vilius is the worse. He has scammed so many people and I have seen it happen right in front of me. Their website is full of lies and they will screw everyone they can.

CarlaCCDD Jun 11, 2010

I'm so sorry this happened to you...every one is getting scammed through this guy. I can't understand why no one is doing anything to stop him! I contacted the BBB and now they have more than 20 complaints to Date and Dash. Hopefully the state Attorney will take action against that Vilius crook!!!
    I'm not sure how the law works in this country, but if we all need to sign a complaint together and send it to an attorney, i'll do it!

• Me
    MeganLL Jun 11, 2010

You heard of dining and dashing right? (not paying for your meal). No wonder Mr Villius Gavrilenka named his company similiarily. Becuase he "dashes" with your money without delivering!! He is a crook.
    Like many other I signed up for an event, paid for it and then went to it only to find it cancelled with no refund.

CarlaCCDD Jun 04, 2010

I was contracted by Daye and Dash to host one of their events in a club in Miami Beach last month. They offered me $20 per hour for a total of 4 hours (7PM to 11PM). They asked me to purchase pens, name tags, paper, and ink to print out all the paperwork i needed to work the event, which they said they would reimburse me for.
    Also, we agreed that if anybody paid at the door ($35) in cash i would keep the cash and they would discount it from my check at the end.
    So I went to the event and it was an absolute disaster...only 6 men and 2 women showed up, and I called the manager "Vilius Gavrilenka" to ask what to do. He asked me to go on with the event with that group as usual and to promise everyone a free event for next time.
    So i did, i worked 4 hours, i entertained the men that were waiting for their 2 dates for the 4 hours...and that was it.
    I sent the heads up to Vilius over an email the next day, sending him the receipt of my expenses, $26.50, asking him when my check would be released, to which he answered it had already been sent to me.
    One month later, i receive a check in the mail for $25!!!
    If my math is correct, $20/hour for 4 hours is $80. One guy paid at the door so $80 minus $35 is $45. The receipt for the expenses was $26.50, so $45+$26.50 makes a total of $71.50. But the check he paid me was $25!!!
    His argument is that the event had been canceled that night and he's already paying me too much! So he says that he is paying me for 2 hours of my time and subtracting the $35 i received at the door...
    Now, this is all a lie! He never canceled the event! No attendee from that night ever got a notice of cancelation! And Vilius specifically told me that night to do the event anyway!
    Anyway, when I was trying to tell him over emails that I am a good person and all I am asking is for my money, he sent me an email telling me to "beat it" saying that I had messed up other opportunities to work for him in Miami and that I already got my $25, and that it was so sad I ever thought he would pay me for the expenses...

This is incredible, this guy is a true scam!... I reported everything to the BBB in Chicago and they have about 13 different complaints, the BBB rates Date and Dash with an F!!!
    I would love for this company to stop working and scamming people!
    Vilius number is [protected]. We need to stop this guy!!! I agree that Date and Dash should be reported to the Attorney General's office!

• El
    Elayne STL May 06, 2010

Do not deal with dateanddash!!! it will only give you gref!!!

• He
    Heather_wine Apr 22, 2010

My 3 friends and I got scammed, too, by dateanddash.com in February 2010. Our event was in Irvine, CA. All three of us contacted our credit card company and got the charges dropped. It was a really frustrating experience!! I even sent emails to several Los Angeles TV News Stations to try to get the word out to other singles, I blogged about date and dash on Yelp and some other sites. This company really needs to be investigated big time!! There are a few respectable speed dating companies out there like 8minuteDating.com and predating.com, whatever you do, do not sign up to dateanddash.com!!