Darntoothysam.comThis company is a completely rotten

O

This company is a completely rotten. I sent them my camera and didn't hear anything for weeks. I called to see if they had received it and the guy couldn't answer the question. More time passed and I sent multiple emails asking where my camera was and why it hadn't been returned to me. I got it back months after I sent it in and it was STILL BROKEN. They had replaced the lens but messed up the rest of the camera. Sent it back to them again because they said they'd fix it again for free. That was in September. It's now January and they've never called me back. I called again today and he said it still wasn't fixed...rotten company all around.

• Sy
    Sysiame Jun 03, 2016

ALMOST A YEAR OF HIM LYING TO ME. Where is my refund or my part? All over a small purchase. STAY CLEAR OF THIS GUY!

• Si
    Simkade Jun 03, 2016

5 Months and no response and no part yet he got my money.

This Darn Toothy Sam site was just on ABC News in Minnesota warning people about it. Your bestbet is to file a dispute with Paypal if you still can and go to the BBB for help. He listens to them because he has to.

• Bu
    Bunwarmer Jun 03, 2016

Lost an expensive camera and nearly $100

DON'T SEND ANYTHING TO THOMAS DRAYTON OR RISK LOSING IT.

He doesn't ever respond here because he can't he has no reason for what he does!

• Ih
    I_HATE_THOMAS Jun 03, 2016

This man has the worst temper I have ever seen! I will never do business with him again. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!

• Lo
    Lost Jun 03, 2016

We've waited three months for an item my husband ordered to fix my camera. No communication to the countless emails we sent. No response to messages left. No part arrived and no refund to my card. A sorry excuse for a business with such a ridiculous name. What kind of business makes you wait like this for s part. Don't buy from here.

• Bu
    Budreike Jun 03, 2016

Do not use this site to repair your camera. My camera was sent for repair at the beginning of December and after multiple of emails and calls no response. I paid 137.00 to repair my 800.00 camera. Lost the money and the camera. :(

• Ip
    Ipilote Jun 03, 2016

STAY AWAY FROM this site. I do not understand how is it that this site is still up and running(robbing). Send your money and send your camera and you WILL NEVER hear and see it again. SKIP THE HEADACHES. AVOID THIS SITE. BE SMART. Don't be taken by the "120 day warranty" just another tool of this SCAMMERS> SCAMMM ALERT. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

• Ha
    Happeninghoo Jun 03, 2016

Darntoothysam is a RIPOFF!!!

My husband sent our camera to him a year ago. We have been told every excuse known to man. We still don't have our camera and the complaints on darntoothysam.com are everywhere. STAY AWAY!!!

Nalimes Jun 03, 2016

I ordered two replacement camera doors. The company said an email would indicate shipping occured, but this never came, parts never came and our credit card was charged! I tried many times to call and email with no reply. Stay away from this horrible company. Customer Feedback should be #1 on any company's list.

• Sl
    Slobbwe Jun 03, 2016

Ordered a Nikon replacement battery door. After a couple of weeks waiting, I wrote an email and got an answer about delays. After yet another couple of weeks, they didn't even bother to respond to the next email.

Stay away!

• Sl
    Sleif Jun 03, 2016

Thomas got my money and never did I get the part. Don't pay him anything.

Scam website, keep from sending thing to him and don't send him money. I discovered once it was too late.

• Si
    Sirel Jun 03, 2016

They charged my credit card more than a month before they ever even shipped my order. They do not answer their phone - or respond to e-mails requesting an update on the status of long overdue orders.

Do yourself a favor and find what you are looking for somewhere else.

Koobel Jun 03, 2016

It is totally fraudulent, stay away from this site I already report it to PayPal and will continue to report it until it closes..

Narimey Jun 03, 2016

Every bad review that you read about this company is true. I sent my camera for repair in 8/2012. Three months later, no word at all as to its status. I understand the owner doesn't respond to emails (true in my case) and doesn't respond to voicemails (true as well in my case). What an interesting customer service model!

I read that he does respond to negative reviews on this website. In case you are reading this review, my order number is #18153. Please send my camera back to me so I can have it repaired by a professional company.

• Sp
    Spake Aug 03, 2012

I ordered a replacement part for my camera, which broke a week before my trip to Hawaii. This was one of the only websites that offered my part, so I ordered it and ponied up the dough for priority shipping, thinking that surely it would arrive within a week... Turns out the package was not even shipped until 5 days after I ordered!! Now I'm headed for the vacation of a lifetime without a working camera. Should've known better ordering from a website called darntoothysam!

• Hi
    Hirstone Jul 25, 2012

I sent my camera for repair 5/5/12. My credit card was charged 5/7/12. After 3 phone calls and a dozen emails with no response what-so-ever, I filed a complaint with Better Business and, guess what? He finally responds and says he will ship my camera back to me, even though it has not been repaired. that's fine, I want it back. I've been waiting an additional 2 1/2 weeks and he's back to ignoring calls and emails. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

• Ji
    Jipoled Jun 22, 2012

I would not have send my camera to this establishment if I have come across this website to find out how poor service people are getting from darntoothysam.com.

I have sent my Sony Alpha 100 with lense to fix the LCD repair, and they charged $139 to my account using Paypal. I am ok with them charging, but no email response or anything other then my camera was sent to repair which I received on April 10th, 2012.

My order ID Number is #15987, and serial number is 820240. I have sent several emails and tried to call them without any luck.

I tried to open case with Paypal, and they won't take the case.

I am desperate as I am going on vacation to yellowstone next month, and need my DSLR back. It was April 10th when they received the camera, and today is June 21st, 2012.

This is really sad. My wife has suggested that I have lost the camera and the money to repair. I am holding hopes here to prove my wife wrong.

I need the camera back because I don't want to purchase another camera just for the trip.

I have thought about driving to Burnsville, MN to pick up my camera many times.

Please fix my camera if you can't, please send it back, and I will find other place to repair.

• Ol
    Olipolde Jun 21, 2012

It is has been a month and 15 days since I placed an order for a LCD replacement screen, and the status on my order is still "Order recieved". I have sent at least 10 emails and still no response from darntoothysam but an automatic response stating that "Thank you for contacting DarnToothySam.com. Currently this mailbox is monitored 3 days per week and not on the weekends. We will respond to your emails as soon as we can and in the order we receive them."... Please beware before doing business with these people!

kofiwayo Jun 19, 2012

I have had similar problems with this company. I ordered a replacement LCD screen over a month ago and never got anything. My credit card was billed as soon as I placed the order. I have tried to call several times (got recording), have sent emails (no response) and even tried to post on the company's complaint blog, but it never posted. So now I am disputing with my credit card company... hopefully this will take care of things.

I can only stress that you stay away from a company that offers such terrible- or complete lack of- service. This is the first time that I've been moved to post such a strong warning about a company, but anyone who operated with such carelessness should be avoided. Deal with this company at your own peril.

kofiwayo Jun 19, 2012

I have been cheated four time by Royal Continental Limited
    Royal Continental Limited
    23 appai crescent
    Accra
    Ghana

Tel: +[protected] and can not say how they got my number since then they have taken money from my pay as you go T.Mobile phone and i have reported is many times it appear these fraud stars answers different name and changes phone numbers.
    Please beware of such criminals from Ghana.

From USA

• Ga
    Gafolde Jun 19, 2012

• Om
    Ominulde Jun 12, 2012

This man is not only untruthful in his claims on his website of camera repair but his practise of accepting cameras and then not returning them needs investigating by the police. I sent my camera to him Oct 4th 2010. I have never seen it since . I did speak to him in November though . He told me me he had it sent to be fixed by someone, somewhere in Texas. I was told I would get it last week of November directly from Texas . Now December 27th no camera still but I filed complaint through BBB . Next time I will pay more to send to Canon . This has been the best lesson for sending to Canon instead of darntoothysam. who is poor excuse for a repair service.

• Um
    UMIS May 17, 2012

On 24 April 2012 I ordered a replacement focus screen as mine was smudged accidentally. Order # 16337 for $13 bucks. After a few days I had nothing but a confirmation still and during the wait I managed to clean my original part. I sent out contact to cancel my order on 1 May 2012 to the sales email and the complaint email so it would get through as I hear getting in touch can be tricky. On 2 May 2102 I received a confirmation of a refund via check to be mailed out 3 May and received in 3-5 Business days. Today is 17 May and I have emailed them again to see where the supposed refund check is. I'm ok with losing $13 I suppose but I could easily see how people putting larger purchases and gear in their hands could be very upset. As I have read in other replies, following will likely be a reply from the company stating the check was lost or whatever the case may be and yet again a defensive comment about not stealing anything. Like I said, its $13 so I won't lose much sleep, but BUYER BEWARE!!!

• Mo
    Moidiy May 03, 2012

I ordered a part from this place months ago and nothing arrived, yet I was billed the same day I had placed my order. It just says "order received" but I didn't get anything. I have called too many times to count. It's always a recording and it says messages aren't checked which basically tells me not to leave a message. I have sent numerous emails over the months and I can't get a reply.

He took my money and I get nothing for it and that is a SCAM!

• Mo
    Moidinalde Apr 24, 2012

Ordered a part to repair my camera (thank god I never sent it in to be repaired) and here I am 2 and a half weeks later still waiting for it to arrive. I sent multiple emails and didn't get 1 reply. I tried calling god knows how many times but get no answer.I have never had such an awful experience with an online retailer in all my life. Well darntoothysam, since you don't answer calls and don't answer emails hopefully you will respond to this negative review. My order number is 16047 all I want is an answer of when it will be shipped. If I don't get a reply in 24hrs I will be disputing the transaction through paypal. I'll be sure to follow up here tomorrow and let everyone know if i get an answer or not.

• Li
    Liparte Apr 22, 2012

I read through the first page of reviews on this site and was astonished. But I think I understand your problem. Too much work. Your kind of like a middle man. You look like you order parts when you get the cameras or orders, causing many delays with your customers. I'm writing this review in the hope you will respond as you seem to respond more to these bad reviews than to your emails. I have an order #15643 and Would like to have my parts shipped to me but I'm guessing that you either haven't read the email with the order yet, ordered the part not in your stock and its taking several weeks/months to receive, or put it on the back burner as you have many other reviews to contest against. Either way It sounds like you have completed some orders/repairs so I am willing to wait a little while longer for some type of response. Note that I don't check this site, so you would have to respond to me by email (how? check your emails for the order number mentioned). If I don't receive a reply or the parts in a few more weeks I will have to call my credit card to action a return of funds. Which I will advise them to not do further business with your company. So you see all your problems will be solved if you start doing what we call customer service. I do know about this as I work in a service desk (taking calls and fixing problems). Thank you for your time and rapid response.

• Ty
    Tyonaide Apr 19, 2012

This guy is a joke. Wait... Let me get a few things out of the way before I start. My name is Steven Nowaczyk, my order # was 13615. I see his normal response to a negative review is attacking the integrity of the reviewer. I am on facebook, and I am not set to private just incase their is any doubt to my authenticity. I ordered a camera part on 11/28/11. After many calls (around 50, actual number) he decided to answer the phone. He informed me the part was on backorder. I decided to buy it somewhere else, but did not cancel my order with him. On 4/17/12 I decided to email him to get a refund. I received an email on 4/19/12 that my part has shipped. It seems as if I had to remind him that I needed my part. I'm sorry, he should have given me a refund when I asked for it after 5 months. I'm not sure if the part is going to be correct or not, but who cares any more. I had the camera fixed in time for Christmas pictures. This is the worst online shopping "adventure" I have ever had. Stay away, there is no way all these reviews are fake. One more thing, my email is [email protected] If we are still wondering about authenticity I will respond to emails.

• Go
    Googane Apr 18, 2012

I placed an order on March 15th, I received a confirmation email and my bank account was charged successfully. I never received my order. When I log into the site, the status is "order received". There has been no follow up from them about my item being on back order and no shipment information. I called both numbers listed on the website at 2 pm on 3 different days. No one ever answered the phone. The message states to NOT leave a message. I also emailed on April 7, April 10 and April 17. I have never received any response. I will be disputing the charge with my bank. This company is completely unprofessional and has no customer service whatsoever. I can't believe they are still in business.

• Kl
    Klaveke Mar 21, 2012

ROTTEN company. COMPLETELY rotten. I don't care if you are a "small repair company" and "get a lot of emails." Then you shouldn't be in business, or you should staff up.

I ordered the wrong part. Within a few hrs I realized I ordered for a 5100 and I have a 5000. Tried to send several emails, but they kept bouncing (full mail box) however one did get through. Called at least two dozen times, left one voice msg but I doubt they listen to.

AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL customer service. Of COURSE they charged me for the part, and my order has yet to ship.

• Al
    Albirmane Feb 13, 2012

Took my money and did not send ordered part until set up a dispute at Paypal.Took 20 days to receive item and like a fool I did not try to install into my camera, just opened package, made sure not broken, and closed dispute. Last weekend tried to install and the LCD screen I ordered is wrong size!! Tried to contact via email and phone, no response. Paypal can't do anything because I closed dispute. So here I am with out my money or the proper part. Watch out for this guy!!

• Da
    DAima Dec 12, 2011

This site is really terrible. First I can't get any reply but after sending multiple emails, Thomas finally replied. Not with any information about my camera at all but to say with all he dies around there that he can't do everything around his place. WHAT GIVES?

I still have no response about my camera. When I called, he quickly hung up on me before I could even get a word in. SMELLS LIKE A SCAM!

• As
    Asimbek Nov 21, 2011

This man was rather untruthful to us. He was also unreliable. We sent him a G9 some time ago and he never fixed it as he claimed he would for under $100 His story was that it need a computer board that was too expensive for him to do it for that price. We had a screw that dislodged somewhere in the camera and short circuited the power. So even though he advertised to fix it for his price, in the end he did not. We couldn't even get him to send it back because he doesn't answer his phone when we call during the day. He eventually said he'd return it and that took months to happen. So we didn't pay and we got back the camera many months later. I found a place locally that fixes cameras and the guy that runs it has had his place for thirty years plus. He works on all makes and models and actually knows what he's doing unlike Thomas. I dropped my camera off on wednesday and I got a call today that they already looked at it and I should go in so I did. They showed me what Thomas did to my camera, it was ruined and they will not even work on it now. They showed me three parts that were switched and from another camera. A forth part has corrosion all over it which they said was from exposure to liquid. My camera has never been exposed to liquid and the funny thing was that none of any of the other parts had been exposed to liquid, just that one part. The guy said this was impossible to happen and said that this Thomas guy probably had something to do with it. Four major parts are now needed for my camera and a fifth needs to be fixed because the circuit board is scratched and damaged from what the technician believes was a screwdriver. Screw are missing everywhere in the camera and the technician said he handled parts of the inside of the camera that should only be touched with gloves. My new estimate is now $455 and he won't even work on it because of how bad Thomas destroyed the thing. I'm contacting my attorney, I read of another camera he hacked on someone. I don't know how else to say this, do nit send any camera to him since he clearly has no idea what is doing. I will be contacting my attorney.

• Di
    Dimitrole Nov 02, 2011

WARNING. Don't send your camera to darntoothysam, it's way too risky in my book! I lost a nice camera to him and got a lot of empty promises but nothing delivered.

He was FULL OF EXCUSES when we called, no camera, our money gone, it's a flat out SCAM! We had to call a different times for months and after probably over a hundred calls (possibly more than that) we got him to answe one time! He pretended he couldn't hear my husband (childish). Mire empty promises and mire months have passed and NOTHING HAS COME BACK! we called visa who claims we are too late to do a dispute now.

If you've got a camera at his house (it's nit an actual business address), get ahold of your bank or paypal FAST! They can do a dispute which holds the payment until your camera comes back or he responds. They can then release the funds back to him if you tell them to, it's called a dispute and every credit card company can do it, even paypal. By waiting too long, that privilege is then lost.

I'm so disgusted we have to go out and buy a new camera now. I wish we had read these reviews before we sent him our camera and money!

Naturo Nov 01, 2011

Just ridiculous. I was told my camera would be fixed within a couple of weeks of it being received and its been a month now. I would not be complaining, except i had talked to the owner who said he was ordering the part as we spoke (lies) and it would be at their store that week and sent out also that week or early the next. Now they no longer answer the phones, i call everyday at various times, and email them also. No response and i definitely feel robbed. I could care less that he says they are not stealing. WHAT IS IT CALLED when you receive something from someone, say you'll fix it by a certain time, and then ignore their concerns when you dont??!!! AND I AM A REAL PERSON in case you're wondering, you can contact me on FACEBOOK (THOMAS- since you said we're all fake) by searching Patricia Jetton. Go ahead. I will be contacting BBB if i do not receive my camera this week. I dont care if its still unfixed just GIVE IT BACK ALREADY!!!

• 77
    77vette Jul 24, 2011

DARNTOOTHYSAM.COM IS A SCAM. Just google Darntoothysam scam and you'll see many victims. He got my money almost a year ago and at that time I sent my camera for repair. After almost a year, I GOT NOTHING AND HE NOT ONLY KEPT MY MONEY I SENT HIM BUT HE KEPT MY HIGH DOLLAR CAMERA AS WELL.

Darntoothysam. com is a SCAM and a FRAUD!

The Better Business Bureau REVOKED HIM. Law Enforcment has countless reports on him. THE ATTORNEY GENERAL IS INVESTIGATING THE FRAUD SITE NOW. Be warned, you will lose your money and your camera. Just google the following, darntoothysam scam you will see everyone in this situation as you are (if you sent him anything).

If you paid him with a credit card, report it to your credit card company as fast as possible. From what I have read, he sells our cameras on ebay and keeps the money from the repairs that are not done. STAY FAR AWAY, HE GETS DEFENSIVE AND RUDE WHEN YOU EMAIL FOR A REFUND.