Dairy Queen / false advertisement and owner not taking care of the problem.

United States Review updated:

On at least 3 different sites, ( maybe more, I didn't check) Dairy Queen offers 1 small Blizzard FREE, just for downloading their app. Well, in Sweet Home, Or. the owner of the restaurant is not going to honor this. She asked me to send her screen shots of the advertising of the free Blizzard, so I wasted about 30 mins of my time searching. I found 3 different ads that promised the free Blizzard if you downloaded the app and sent them to her. I waited, and, waited, and, 3 days later, I am still waiting for her to get back with me! I've texted, and even called her, yet I am being ignored! This is after she said she will help me resolve this and asked me to send the screen shots. Which is not my job, SHE owns this Dairy Queen, she should know these things, right? People! It's 1 small Blizzard free... That I showed her proof of is being advertised, yet I feel as if this lady is treating me like a liar. Like I'm trying to get over on her or something! She is ignoring me even after the proof I sent her! This is false advertisement then! She is being unprofessional! She lied to me! I want the free Blizzard that is advertised and she has to honor it but is ignoring me!

Tr
May 11, 2019

Comments

• Km
      May 12, 2019

They don't have to honor advertisements not put out by themselves. This was actually an old advertisement that was discontinued but websites not owned or operated by dairy queen or any of their subsidiaries took the advertisement and put up on their site but did not remove it after the promotion ended. Only place I found this advertisement is the passionate penny pincher page and that ad is 6 months old. Anyone can go on Facebook and post an ad saying something like buy a small blizzard and get a $2, 000, 000 immediately refund on a $4 blizzard. But if you are stupid enough to think that kind of ad would actually be put out by dairy queen it's time to put you in a mental health facility, cause even a kid knows that's fake.

• Km
      May 12, 2019

Technically the people who are false advertising is passionatepennypinchers.com maybe you can force passionatepennypinchers.com to buy you the small blizzard from dairy queen since it's passionatepennypinchers.com fault for not keeping track of when the promotion ended and removed it from their website.

• Om
      May 12, 2019

As Kmart said, not every promotion is honoured at every store and they state that at the bottom of their ads/promotional materials (Select Locations only/Participating Locations only/excluding x/y state) If this offer is not on their corporate website, then screenshots from other sites like pennypinchers or whatever other sites hold no weight at all. I could make a website that said "Free $10 gift card when you download x app or come into store and say I'm your biggest fan" just because I publish it, it doesn't make it true.