Dada EntertainmentScam and cheating

O

Some time late last year, I began getting text messages on my cell phone offering free ringtones. I never knowingly signed up for a $9.99 monthly service. Next thing I know, a $9.99 monthly charge is buried in my 12-page at&t bill. My wife, who is more vigilant than I about reviewing bills, spotted it.

I called at&t and spent more than 30 minutes sorting things out. Supposedly the charges will be reversed and the messages to my cell phone will stop.

I tracked down the company on the internet and called the help line. I was routed to India. I asked to speak to someone in the U.S. The operator could not do that, so I asked for a supervisor. I was put on hold for a long time and finally hung up in frustration.

I called the Communications/PR person for Dada and left messages on her phone and blackberry. I'm waiting with bated breath for a call back.

• Sc
    Screwed 1 Jan 11, 2014

I was duped for much longer. It took me just over two years to figure out what this monthly phone bill charge was on my sons cell. I called Dada on their toll free number for Canada [protected] and spoke with a fellow who agreed to refund $100.00 as a gesture of good will. Two weeks later I received a cheque for $20.00. I have called again and have another reference number and a promise to elevate my complaint to the next tear of complaint handelers at Dada. To be continued...

• Fu
    Fun4mamaincolo Sep 10, 2013

Discovered that my daughter's cell phone has been charged $9.99 for the past 12 months. Called AT&T and they told me what the charge was...they informed me it was a third party charge from Motime. Had never heard of it. My daughter is only 11, and had no idea about it. Called Dada Entertainment/Motime and they refunded us $39.96. This is definitely a scam, and I believe a lot of people don't know they are being charged until it is too late. AT&T should not allow this third party billing. It is definitely a scam...watch your bills.

• Wo
    WontGetDuped Nov 29, 2011

Similar situation for me. There was a trial ring tone offer on the internet which I tried once and as I recall it didn't work. You were instructed you could text a message to a number to cancel w/o any charge. Well this didn't work either and I ended up
    with the $9.99 charge on my Sprint bill. Luckily I caught this on the first charge and Sprint customer service agreed to stop the service and reverse the charge. I'll have to review my account online in a few days and insure that the outcome was as promised. What a scam and a time drain.

• Hd
    Hdiddy Apr 01, 2011

This is a horrible scam. It happened to me as well. I signed up with T Mobile for my family in October. 4 lines. I recently (Mar 31 2011) spotted in my bill that i was being charged 9.99 ON THREE OF THE LINES. This apparently had been happening since december on two lines and since November on mine. I NEVER signed up for a service and my children are 13 and 10 respectively so have no authority to do so, whether knowingly or not. This is a total scam, and t mobile or at & t should not involve themselves with such BLATANT CROOKS!
    How can this be made illegal? Someone is making a ton of money off of people who do not scrutinize their bills (must be in the hundreds of thousands of users), all fraudulantly. MUST BE STOPPED!

• St
    Stacy M. Dec 07, 2010

Same thing happened to me! This company is incredibly sneaky, and a total scam. I signed up for a one time payment with my credit card. After they received the payment, they rerouted my "subscription" to my cell phone payment, not my credit card, so I had no idea it was even happening! I cannot believe how frustrating it is to be ripped off to blatantly. Big thumbs down for this company. The indian people on the customer service line can't do anything for you. TOTAL SCAM, BEWARE!