CVS Pharmacy / CVS Healthfront end clerk

B Jun 11, 2019 Review updated:

On June 9 2019. My 17 year old daughter went into the Plainview Texas CVS to purchase over the counter ibuprofen. The clerk Sonja was rude, condescending, and belligerent to my daughter. She asked her age and then asked her diagnosis and the reason for the purchase. She then physically removed the product from my daughter's hand. She then marched her outside to my spouse who was waiting in the car to question my wife about her age. She also spoke on Spanish to other customers about the situation. Research has shown there is minimum age limit to purchase ibuprofen. This is unacceptable

•   Jun 11, 2019

Why did your daughter go to the pharmacist to buy ibuprofen? You pick it off the shelf, go to the front register and pay. I’d have called corporate and complained about being asked such questions.

•   Jun 12, 2019

@SubSquirrel You can buy regular things at the pharmacy, even without waiting for a prescription. I found that out years ago when I was waiting quite a while for important prescriptions and I needed to replenish some cotton pads while I waited (double extractions). They were very accommodating.

•   Jun 12, 2019

@Um is not an answer! I do the same. The post seems to indicate that the daughter asked for ibuprofen rather than just buying it off the shelf.

•   Jun 12, 2019

What is that research has shown crap at the bottom? You proving their case or yours?

Why don't you ask yourself why at 43 years old I have to show proof of age when I buy cough medicine? Cause underage kids with no purpose in life or parents with parenting skills like to drink it like Coke and get all high and [censored].