customers appreciation drawFAKE/SCAM

C

I received the letter in the mail a couple days ago...It states I have won $120, 000.00 dollars/it also included a check for $3, 700.00 to pay for the applicable WINNING CHARGES which is stated to be $2, 700.00 ONLY...The check look real but it is all a big scam/fake!!! the letter is dated 4-28-11...It has a claim #:CAD/PRB-ED-700...The title on the page reads: AWARD CLAIM FINAL NOTIFICATION/pART OF THE LETTER READS: a TICKET WITH SERIAL NUMBERS: CAD [protected] ATTACHED TO YOUR NAME(STEVE JONES) DREW THE LUCKEY WINNING NUMBERS [protected]. The letter is signed by Charles Housil (Promotion Manager)...If anyone receives a letter like this is is FAKE and a BIG SCAM!!! BEWARE!!!

More customers appreciation draw Complaints & Reviews

• Rh
    Rhonda5757 Aug 03, 2011

I received a letter of the same as above today 8/2/11 letter is post marked 07/27/2011, , I did what the letter said, called the company, deposited the 3750.00 to my bank account, then called him back.. After talking to him, I felt like something wasnt right, so came on here to do some searching, and found this. Ok now how to I resolve what I have already done ? I havent sent any money out yet, only deposited the money ( check ) ? What should I do NOW ? [email protected] Rhonda

• Lb
    L. Brooks Jul 22, 2011

We also received a letter and check dated [protected], from GMR Logistics 680 7th Ave. NE West Fargo, ND. with Visionbank in ND. Customer Evaluation Draw letter head had an address from 235 Park Ave NY, NY and envelope was post marked from Canada with no return address. I've heard about these type of scams. The checks look so real and enticing that you want to believe the whole thing is real! Well, fortunately there is the internet to verify your gut feelings. Thank you all. I too will go to the Post Office tomorrow.

• Mr
    Mrs. W.Pl Gourley Jul 15, 2011

We just got the Scam Letter with a check for $3, 800.00 in the mail today. It stated that I had won a "customer appreciation" lottery hosted by multiple well-known large businesses, e.g. Wal-Mart, Sears, Lowes, JC Penney and others. It (the letter) said that they had tried to reach me several times unsuccessfully. It was dated 07/05/2011, and signed by Charles Housil (sound familair?). The letter also stated that I should not attempt to use the enclosed check until I called and spoke with the claim agent, a Mrs. Annette Austin, at [protected]. The check was apparently legitimate, originating (apparently) from Bank of America in Chicago, Illinois.
    The letter and check will be going to the Post Office next week, as it is late Friday afternoon presently. Yes, the money would have been nice, but I'm glad that the Internet has places like this to protect us gullible folk!!!

Joyce Rackley Jul 11, 2011

I also received a letter dated [protected]. CAD/INT-ED-820 is the Claim #. Fraud! I took it to my bank, they had a 5 day hold on it, but on the 3rd day it bounced. No, I did not send the $2800.00 for Taxes they wanted. My amount of "Winnings" was $120, 000.00. That would have been great for me as I am retired and hand to mouth most of the time. I will take the letter to the post office. Well, good thing I did not spend any of that $3800.00 they sent to me. Same name Charles Housil. Claims agent Mr. Ed Davis. BEWARE!!! Just went to the bank today and found out. 7-11-10 JR.

• Ka
    Kathie V Jul 05, 2011

Received my letter today 07/05/11 dated 06/20/2011. curiousity got me and I called - voice mail full! Then I decided to check it out and here I am! Letter goes to post office tomorrow. Thank you everyone for allerting folks!

Marsha K Jul 03, 2011

Agreed - I received a check in the mail today [protected]) dated 06-10-2011 .. stated they have attempted several times to reach me ..GMR Logistics (aka GMR Trucking) is a trucking company in Wells Fargo, ND - but they are not the holders of a lottery drawing .. It was to be drawn on VisionBank in Fargo, ND. Same story as the rest of them - I did not call and I took my letter to the USPS office ... Scam, scam, scam.. too good to be true - then it is...

• Ol
    Oldbug74 Jun 11, 2011

oLDBUG74 : i JUST RECIEVED THIS SAME LETTER AND THOUGHT MY LIFE WAS GOING TO CHANGE ONLY TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE SCAM.iF MY WIFE AND I HAD NOT SAID SOMETHING ABOUT WINNING A LOTTERY WE ALSO WOULD HAVE BEEN SCAMMED. LUCKY FOR US OUR BANK TELLER NEW ABOUT SHIS SCAM AND STOPPED US.

• Du
    dudesoy May 21, 2011

I also rec'd a letter from Customers appreciation Draw, attached was a check for 3700.00, to which I am suppose to call Mr Ed Davis
    @ [protected]. get a mailing address to send my 2700.00 to and then the bal of my winnings 119, 300.00 will be sent to me or electronic transfer into my bank acct (as if I would give anyone my bank acct infor).
    The first red flag I had was the name of the bank is called "The Private Bank". I do see where people get taken as this Cashiers check does look authentic, However, the letterhead on the letter comes from New York, NY, the envelope is from North York, Ontario, Canada.
    There are 10 states that have "THE PRIVATE BANK" with 34 locations but New York and Canada are not one of them. Oh how it would be nice to have this $120, 000. But anytime you have to pay money to get your winnings from a contest Its a SCAM!!! :-(
    These are the scams-that that I have read about when you cash the check the bank tells you yes its a good cashiers check, However about a month later, the bank gets notification that its not a good cashiers check, So not only are you out the 2700.00 they request you send them, Now the bank wants their 3700.00 back to cover the bogus cashiers check. So now you are out $6400.00. Now if anyone has that kind of money to throw away, I have some property for sale lol!! PLEASE DONT GET SCAMMED!! WE WORK HARD FOR OUR MONEY! AND YOU BETTER KNOW I BET ITS GOING TO A FOREIGN COUNTRY.

jonican May 15, 2011

how is it a scam.. i mean what are they getting out of the deal

john m zimmer May 06, 2011

people want 2700.00 to pay for winning chargers then pay me 119.300 in cashiers check-money order or my bank account.
    contact mrs.annette austin at [protected] at customer service ctr. po.box 1104 north york, ont.m2n 5p9