Customer Compensation DrawAward Claim

C

I received a letter with an attached check today, claiming that I was one of 20 declared winners in conjunction with the North American Sweepstakes Association. Total prize money of $1.11 million, to be divided evenly among the 20 winners. The check was for $3, 755.00 and looked authentic. It was supposed to be money I could deposit and then send them a check for taxes on the total prize money. I called U.S bank in Bellevue, Wa. to verify the rounting numbers and authenticity of the check. Not to my surprise, it was a scam. I was instructed in writing by the claims department to call them before cashing the check. However, I took the most appropriate measures and called the finance institution first. After informing the claims department that I had called to verify, they simply hung up the phone, not before getting upset with me, of coarse.

• Br
    Brandi79 Jul 07, 2012

Darn it...i got one as well for 2700. And let me tell u...i was not too happy. These folks are wrong for that sending people a cashiers check to put in ur bank account so they can swipe all ur funds. I knew it was fraudulant from the start. I know this because I received 2 of them 2 yrs ago for mystery shopping. When i tried to cash it at chase...they immediately knew and kept the check. Boy was i embarrassed. Pay attn and be careful.

• Br
    Brandi79 Jul 07, 2012

I just received the exact same letter and cashiers check for us bank...i had a feeling it was fraudulant so I decided to upload the pics. Hopefully no one would be dumb enough to cash these kinds of checks...it can land u in jail or you will have to wind up paying the bank back the funds. I received 2 fraudulant checks 2 years ago for mystery shopping...i did remember signing up for it online...but little did i know that when i tried to cash the at chase bank...they immediately knew it was fraudulant. I was so embarrassed. I hope this helps...be careful...scams are everywhere. I hate to get my hopes up for cash...because i sure could use it...and im sure other people can too.

Brandi

• Ta
    Tabitha Hampton Jul 03, 2012

My name is Tabitha Hampton, and I got the same letter today, I went online and called the bank that was on the check. I was a fraud, and it has a Walmart logo on it. I wonder if Walmart knows these people are using their logo. Plus the stamp does say Canada and it has differenr address, so I looked up Mid State Suppy, this is a company in Wisconsin, who told me it's a fraud. I called back and asked to speak with the manager he says he is not in cal back in the morning. How did these people get my name and address.

• Sh
    sharpi65 Jun 26, 2012

I received one of this checks today june.26.2012 I dont believe in free money, but i have to tell you everything look so real. Thank god for the info on the internet, my check said to call a mr.Danny Usman at [protected] i got suspecious when i saw the canadian post office logo in the envelope, as i know the US have no jurisdiction on out of states companies, like internet pharmaceutical etc etc...so i just ripped my check and keep watching tv.

sands d Oct 14, 2011

10/13/11 recieved check today for $3, 987.00 i was to deposit it in my bank then go to money gram and send them $2, 999.80 to cover govt svc tax and insurance. calle d the attorney general and they were thankful for the heads up on a very serious scam...please spread the word and watch out for the elderly thats who they mostly prey on...i hope they can catch these people and they get a go directly to jail card...it was wrote on a citibank of DE and the company was Sodexo Inc on MD thanks for all the post on this issue glad i checked it out...

• Ta
    TamiG Aug 18, 2011

I just received a check and said call Phillip Adams. I called and said it was fake. When I called back, he says, "do not call this number back. The check was for $3, 550.00..Scam artists really need to "get a life" and a JOB!!![protected] and says to activate a check like a phone. PLEASE

• St
    sthomasviqt Jun 17, 2011

I have received a check for $3500.00, this check is from Northwest Savings Bank. The letter is from Customers Compensation Draw telling me that they have attempted to contact me in regarding my winnings. of $1.11 million and that I need to pay $2500 in taxes. At first I was excited, but then I said this has got to be a scam...because they would not tell me to pay money to get money. Even though the check looks real, I followed the security listing on the bank and one of them said, that if you photocopy the check, that you should see void on the check. Of course it did not show up. These people really need to cut it out and stop trying to scam people out money that they can not afford to lose.

• Mz
    Mz. Leigh May 17, 2011

Its a scam and i'm still unsure of what they get out of it unless they ask you to mail the taxes to them in cash or money order or just want your bank account information but either way the my check was supposedly drawn on the Private Bank which i called and they told me the cashier's check was invalid.

• Da
    Dallas 31 Apr 18, 2011

Saturday, April 16th, 2011, I received a letter and a check (for $3.400) from CUSTOMERS COMPENSATION DRAW, as a first payment in a lottery dwaw, which I was a winner. I was supposed to call a Mr. Zack Usman at [protected] to receive instructions on how to retrieve my prize money. Well, at first I thought my ship finally came in. After calming down, I thought it my be a scam. I waited till today, Monday, April 18th to do something about it. I thought of calling the number, but I went on line to the BBB to see if this outfit was listed. I'm glad I did. As you can see, it's a scam! You know what they say, 'If it seems too good to be trur, maybe it isn't'. WELL IT ISN'T! I feel sorry for those gullable people that fall for this SCAM. Be carefull, these con artists just want our money w/o working for it.
    Gene O.

• Km
    kmommamit Apr 12, 2011

I got a letter in the mail today with a check for$3, 850.00. The letter said that I had won a Lottery drawing and that I won $125, 000.00. This was the first check more to follow. I was to pay the taxes out of the $3850. I am to talk to Mrs. Annette Austin about my winnings. This is in conjuction with North American Sweepstakes Association. I typed the name Customer Compensation Draw into the internet and the firt thing that came up is this sight of information and complaints. I immediatly called the FTC and logged a complaint. They suggested I take the letter to my local post office and turn in a complaint of receiving scam mail. They then thanked me for filing the complaint with them.

• Cn
    Cnjhaas Apr 05, 2011

If you think you’ve been targeted by a counterfeit check scam, report it to the following agencies:
    The Federal Trade Commission Click here for the complaint form or call 1-877-FTC-HELP [protected]).
    See the U.S. Postal Inspection Service or call your local post office. The number is in the Blue Pages of your local telephone directory.
    Your state or local consumer protection agencies - see this page for a list of state Attorneys General.

cookie (cheryl) c Apr 04, 2011

I got one to. I have called the bank. These people are realslick. Beware all of these Bogus Letters!!! I have already filed a complaint with the capital one about the use of their logo and check info only to find out from Capital One that this was a real check and had already been cashed ( I filed a complaint with them) Funny as I am looking at it as I write this . As you see in the letter they mention stores or services we almost all use, Wal-Mart, JC Penny, Sears, Lowes, Home Depot etc. They picked the wrong person to pull this on as I am retired, Ticked off, and have nothing but time on my hands to get this to the surface and in the right hands, Believe me, I will be contacting every establishment mentioned in this letter's corporate office. I am sure they do not want their name linked with this kind of fraud.

Cheryl C.

• Sc
    scam victim to be Mar 31, 2011

Received a check drawn on Armed Forces Bank. It was for $3, 800. Letter claims that It was a Lottery drawing for stores in US, Canada and Mexico and UK. Namely, Best Buy, Walmart, Sears, Lowes, Home Depot, Zellers, CVS, JC Penney, Walgreens, Kmart. They claim they were unsuccessful in reaching me, funny this letter made it. It said the winning was $125, 000.00. The $3, 800 was for a portion of the winnings. It said I owe $2, 800 for taxes (the other shoe drops). I understand the scam now. I was to call Mr. Adrien Davis at [protected] in New York -- 647 is not in New York. Scary. Looked up the bank, it is real. Then I googled the scam (telephone number) -- got 'em.

• Td
    tdaisy Mar 24, 2011

I just received this claim letter today and a check for $3, 600.00, the first check towards my grand total of $125, 000.00. The address listed on the letter is 145 5th Ave NY, NY 10010 P - [protected]. The contact name is Mr. Adrien Davis. The check looked real and was drawn on Bank of America. I got online and looked up the company name to see this site. Thanks to all the people that posted!! As the saying goes, if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is

• Su
    SUTY Mar 21, 2011

I JUST RECEIVED THIS LETTER ALSO A SCAM.ADDRESS 145 5TH AVE NEW YORK, NY10010
    TEL([protected]. THE NAME ALSO OF MR.ADRIEN DAVIS.BANK CHECK FROM NATIONAL BANK OF KANSAS CITY ON THE AMOUNT OF 3, 900 AND THAT ALL THE PARTICIPANTS WERE SELECTED THROUGH A RANDON COMPUTER BALLOT SYSTEM DRAWN FROM OVER 50, 000 NAMES DON'T FALL FOR IT GOOD THING I REACTED FAST AND GOT IN THE INTERNET AND SAW ALL YOU GUYS COMMENTS I SAW THAT IT WAS THE SAME LETTER THAT I HAD RECEIVED

ConcernedK Mar 21, 2011

My father received the same letter and request as of March 10th. The address was 145 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10010; 647.863.6739.
    The contact was a Mrs. Annette Austin. As I told my mother, first of all such a letter should come certified with a signature required and the "customers of major stores" bit was way too generic. Also, the "specific period of time" to respond was never specified. Don't fall for it!

• Do
    Don't Scam Me Too Mar 19, 2011

My grandma received this scam letter today. Address on the letter is 145 5th ave new york, NY 10010. Tel # [protected]. Contact name Mr. Adrien Davis. Bank check was from Bank Of America. Looks pretty real. Good thing she too smart to fall for such a scam.

• Ba
    barbeq Mar 09, 2011

CUSTOMERS COMPENSTION DRAW huh...ha! My mother recieved the same style letter today with all the same info but a different name and number. Funny NY address and a canadian phone number and paying someone in NJ what a joke! She contacted these people and could hardly understand the idiot on the other end! He couldn't even pronounce "queens street" in NJ. name was Mr. Adrien Davis at [protected]. The person who was supposed to recieved my "taxes" was Jerry Cooper 118 Queen St. Elizabeth NJ, 07158. Please no one act on this SCAM!

mama cher Mar 08, 2011

I received today a check for 3500.00 and I was one of $1.11 million total winnings of which I qualified for $50, 500.00.
    I called the # and they refused to give me any info without giving them my claim #---red flag #1. #2, letter is from Washington DC address and the phone # is in Ontario. #3, "call back in 1.2 hour". I called the Mn Attorney General office and was confirmed it is a scam.

• Cd
    C. Devine Dec 01, 2010

I received a check today for $3775.00 (Drawn on Burke & Herbert Bank & Trust Co in Alexandria, VA), saying I won the National Lottery Draws (INTL. LOTTO COMMISSION PROMOTION) Customers Compensation Draw for a total of $125, 000. The lotto says it is based at 5700Younge street suite 200 Toronto on. canada (written exactly as it appears. Love the lack of capitalization and spacing!!!). They told me to contact "Mr. Paul Adams" prior to cashing the check. I was also to forward $2950 to a tax agent in New York to cover my taxes, in the amount of $2950. Nice try guys!!! Next time, learn how to spell Walmart (Wall-Mart in the letter) and use proper grammer!!! It would have been nice if it were real, but you have to play to win and I sure has heck didn't play! Also, international lotto's are illegal in the US, so we can't play even if we wanted to!

Anthony O Ford Nov 29, 2010

Today my mother recived a check in the amount of 3, 5000 dollars, My mom just lost her husband and recived this Check claiming she too was a winner, I checked it out online and quickly found out it was a scam this paper also says call Mr. Zack Usman at [protected] and the Promotion Manger as Barbara Hudson Scam! Scam! and the bank the check was issued on was Regions Bank!

Concerned 2010 Nov 24, 2010

I recieved a check today in the amont of 3, 500.00 dollars, I to was suppose to deposit this check into my account to pay for the taxes of 2, 500.00 dollars for a winning of 50, 5000.00. Total prize of $1.11 million split between 20 people, I was suppose to contact a Mr. Zack Usman @ [protected]. Being a single mom and christmas coming up I thought it was great but decided to check it out on the computer and it came up as being a scam in seconds. This is a terrible thing to do to people.

MariMama8 Nov 09, 2010

I recieved a check today 11-8-10 from Austin Moore for $3943.. I almost died from excitment at my $125, 000 winning total. I first called the number on the paper [protected] and it said "this customer is not available" which was weird so i decided to research it online.. "P & V services inc" doesnt exist, the address the check came from was a community college in Arizona, P & V Servies Inc office was located in New York (1121 broadway, new york, new york 10010), and the letter was from Canada.. ummm which one is it buddy?! However it was a wells fargo check so it looked legit. Mines said i was an unclaimed winner from Publishers Clearing House and Compensation Draw and that i had to contact the agent so he can help me get the rest of my winnings, but not before i had to send him insurance money.. The insurance on a check for 125, 000 should be wayyyy more then they're asking for so that for sure looked suspicious. ANYWAY, point is, im sad now =( ... i was so ready to quit my annoying job until i found a normal one

• Tr
    Trxie Oct 27, 2010

I, too, received a check (10.26.10) for $3945.00. (hey, mine is more than yours... - HA) How do we stop these people from doing this? Isn't this mail fraud or since it's coming from out of the country (Canada) the rules don't apply? I'd love to be able to smash the scammers doing this!!!

• 74
    74delta Oct 24, 2010

I just today [protected]) recieved a check for $2950.00 and told to contact mr. phillip adams to claim my prize of $125, 000. I am shocked to see these scams now comming from canada...I did however google the business that the check was written from (vieras bakery) and called the company. The company appears to exist at least as a front, bcp bank (the bank that the check is written from) seems to exist HOWEVER i know better. No research or digging need to be done, this check and letter will be handed to the local sheriffs dept. I encourage all of you to do the same as 99% of the time these scams are used as fronts to get funds for weapons and support anti american groups. I am a service member in the us army and hold a top secret security clearance...this scams are bad news. Im curious to see what countries these will come from next...

• Pa
    Palida Gurley Oct 02, 2010

I got a letter and a check for $2, 950.00 and told to contact Phillip Adams also! No one gives away money without expecting something in return!!

• Ti
    timagastro Sep 29, 2010

yeah so I recieved a letter with an attached check in the amt of $2975.00 this is suppose to be a check sent to me to" expedite the processing, which has been deducted from my winning. you will be using $1975 USD to pay Government applicable taxes on your winning (90, 000.00) "
    when i seen the envelope I noticed it to be from Canada, that raised my 1st flag, then when I read the letter i noticed there are 2 addresses on the check, 1 santa clara, california and 2nd one wexford, PA. raising my 2nd flag. the letter head has another address CIBC Financial group in Ottawa Ontario Canada with a date under it then telephone #. at the end of the letter it said to contact Mr. Scott Dixon another flag and in the reading it says and i quote "due to the mix of some numbers and names, we ask that you keep this award from public notice until your claim has been processed and your funds release to you either by certified check, wire transfer, or money order. as this is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming, or unwarranted of taking an advantage of this program by non-participants.All participants were selected through a random computer ballot system drawn from over 575, 000 names from U.S.A. and Canada." final flag went up and i got on the computer and looked this up. 1st why 3 addresses? and why a date under the letter head address?? and really??? do you really think anyone that really won anything is going to be asked to keep this from public notice...yeah it is a security protocol to keep their own a$$ under wraps and so they can "take advantage" of all random non-participants. and last, they obviously don't know me cuz I would not be randomly one of 10 chosen out of 575, 000 US and Canada names... just not my luck h3II i dont even win on scratch tickets. And finally my ex's name is Scott, so I trust nothing with the name Scott on it lmao. to bad there aren't laws that can get these ppl for something, somehow. this thing had SCAM written all over it. hope this helped someone from making a BIG mistake

john trefry Sep 28, 2010

I just received a check for 2, 950 to pay for winnings of 125, 000. I was also told to contact Phillip Adams as soon as I received the check to activate it. I tried calling that number, however, it said the user was unavailable so I decided to look on this website to see if anyone else received these letters and checks. To no surprise, there were others that were supposed to contact this same gentleman. I hope that these people will be prosecuted for trying to scam people out of their money.

• Bl
    BlessedWOG Sep 25, 2010

My husband received a check for 2, 950.00 to pay for taxes for winnnings of 125, 000. I immeditely checked to see if it is a scam by going to this site. From reading the posts, this is defininetly a scam. I was aslo told to contact Phillip Adams for further instructions. Something needs to be done in regards to these people praying on innocent people. Thanks for the posted comments, it really helped me and my husband determine that this is a scam.

• Ac
    acrannick Sep 12, 2010

its a scam all the way i got a check for 2, 950.00 to pay my taxes for my winnings of 125, 000.00. the letter told me to call phillip adams. he told me to put the check in my bank and give him a call back and he will give me instructions on paying my taxes. then they would be send my remaining balance of 122, 000.00 certified mail ups/fedex. i check this site out and imediatly shredded the check and letter.

• We
    wendybird 1 Sep 02, 2010

On August 9th 2010 I too received a check for 2, 795.00 stating I was declared one of the winners from Customers Compensation Draw. I am glad that people post such happens online so no one can get tricked into this scam! The contact person goes by Mr. Scott Dixon and the location is 257 Metcalfe St Ottawa, Ontario M9K 7B2 Canada