CSW: RingersScam and cheating

R

I too was charged on this months sprint bill for this service after is "sucked" me in for FREE ringtones. When is requested my cellphone number it send me a text message and asked me to respond "yes" if i wanted FREE ringtones. When I relized that it was first going to cost me 9.99, I cancelled, yet I was still charged by Sprint. I called CS at sprint and they told me that I would have to contact CSW Ringtones and share my tale of wow with them as unfortunately this is a second party billing! This in my dictionary spells FRAUD! Anyone else agree with me?

• Cm
    C. M. Feb 26, 2009

I kept getting $9.99 charges on my Sprint bill due to unauthorized ring tones. I tried to text in the code as my provider told me to do but nothing happened.

I found this informaiton on the web: You may also cancel any Subscription Plan by sending an e-mail to [email protected] or by contacting our customer services representatives at [protected]. I called the 1877 number and followed the promt, now I will wait for my next bill to see if it was removed. If not they will be hearing from my attorney.

I hope this information helps anyone else out there.

• Ar
    art Nov 26, 2008

I have sent a copy of this blog and a copy of all the text messages sent to me that I did not sign up for nor authorized charges on my phone to the NYS Attorney General. If you all do something similar there will be action taken against this company.

sarah Nov 05, 2008

i have the same problem as everyone else my question is how do i get it stoped because i texted back stop and they never did!!!

• Mo
    Monica Oct 09, 2008

I just looked at my cell phone bill today and there were THREE different companies that charged me for ringtones, and I have never used even one of them. After spending part of my work day on the phone with these companies I should be receiving a $47.94 check from TheIsh in about 20 business days, we'll see if that actually happends.

The other to were Dada.net and CSW Ringers...I've been able to at least cancel them both but have yet to get a refund out of them! I'll keep trying though, this is ridiculous!

Saumil Shah Oct 03, 2008

I FIGURED WE ALL ARE CHARGED THE SAME WAY. DID ANY ONE FIND THE WAY TO UNCHARGED OR CONTACT THIS ###S AND STOP THIS 9.99 EVERY MONTH.
    I CALLED SPRINT AND THEY SAID YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL THE SERVICE PROVIDER AND CANCELL THE SUBSCRIPTION. ###ING DADA THING, NO ONE EVER ANS THE PHONE.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANY OF YOU HAVE FIGURED OUT THE WAY TO GET RID OF THIS SCAM.

• Ju
    Julie Oct 02, 2008

Well, i have call the [protected] for CSW & after trying to get to talk someone in their billing dept shortly after i have been disconnected/hung up on. There has got to be something done about ppl getting a refund for companies like this! Both of my minor children have been charged monthly & per KB eve since i got them a ph line added onto mine & my husbands back in April. The 1st person told me the 1 ph line wasnt on their subscription list in in fact it was after comfirming the number once again. My boys are teenagers but are still minors in accordance with the law.

• Li
    Lina Patel Sep 27, 2008

I Have the same Exact Problem. T Never Authorised It & I am Bing charged $ 9.99 A mounth for it & i do not ever know how to use it to download ringtons. I won't it removed.

Markeith Mangum Sep 26, 2008

I finally found the number to cancel this service that I never signed up for. If anyone else is being charged call [protected] put your cell in, press 1 & then 8 to cancel subscription. Then it says it will take 24 hours to process cancellation.

Good Luck

Markeith Mangum Sep 26, 2008

I went on line to try CSW free ringtones. I never found the songs I wanted and never received any ringtones, but my Sprint cell phone bill was charged $9.99 per month for the past 3 months & I cannot get the charges off because the website doesn't have a cancellation prompt. Or if it does, I can't find it. I'm in college, so I feel sorry for any teenagers that get victimized by this fake website.

janice Sep 04, 2008

I just found this site and have been having the exact same problem recieving a billing from CSW:Ringers - 71769 CSW Ringtone for 9.99 a month. Last month I called Sprint and they removed the charge as a 'one time courtesy' because i had no clue what the charge was or where it came from. Then it showed up again on this months bill and i decided to research it. I called the 1-877 # listed above and it gave me an option to cancel or unsubscribe through an automated system which I did. Lets see if it works.

• Mi
    mickie Sep 02, 2008

I attained resolution!
    I called my cell company and they reinbursed me as well as blocked/cancelled this CSW company from my cell. I was also advised.. NEVER choose any options unless it states the cell phone provider name and logo!
    FYI... I called the CSW number to complain and cancell. I was told by a fast speaking Indian man that the system was down and to call back another time as he could not help me at this time! Nice way out eh?
    Go figure!
    Good Luck all

• Mi
    mickie Sep 02, 2008

I too am having same problems as above complaints.!!! I being charged without consent!!! I just got texed again for my script being renewed. I am calling my charge company/bank and telling them not to allow and see what they can do. I am glad to have found this site, although sad to see this is not only a "ME" problem and yet glad too! GL to all in solving this issue! If I have luck I will return to share. GOOD LUCK ALL!

• Vo
    Vonda Aug 11, 2008

We have been charged 9.99 from CSW for ringtones. We did not agree to this and don't expect to.

• Tr
    TRACY Aug 08, 2008

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT CSW IS AND HAVE NEVER HEARD OF IT N THEY ARE CHARGING IT TWICE ON MY BILL FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS NOW. I HAVE NO CLUE ON HOW TO CANCEL IT...ANY SUGGESTIONS...PLEASE HELP ME?

• Le
    Leroy Graham Jul 26, 2008

I received a bill with CSW ringtone, I send text message to stop it, I hope that I will not see it on my Sprint Bill next month.
    I went to DADA.net and try to get ringotones, I was then sent to several other sites that I did not wanted to go to, I thought at first that it was the same web site, but realized that I am beign chareged each time by a different company, because each text message has a new fee of 9.99. I tried to unsubscribe from Dada and I got a text message that I was unscuscrbed from 1 service. I saw the follwoing on my Sprint Bill :

Opera Telecom: Ringers - Opera Telecom Binary ---$9.99
    Dada Mobile: Ringers - Dada Binary $9.99
    CSW: Ringers - 71769 CSW Ringtone $9.99 for July 2008, Bill.

These Ringtone Web sites are not transparent in their activities, and up unitl now I have not been able to download any ringtone, from their site.

But I have learned my lesson the hard way, when you want ringtones on your phone, try other means.

Samantha Jul 26, 2008

For CSW I called [protected] and got a recording. I was able to cancel the subscription to my phone, but can only talk to a representative Monday through Friday. I will keep up to let you know what happens.

Samantha Jul 26, 2008

I also found 3 different ring tone charges on my plan. CSW, PlayPhone, and Dada. I called my cell phone company and they gave me a credit for the $30 of charges, but I was told that I had $20 in charges that will come out on my next bill. I am trying to get ahold of all three companies to get the charges canceled and the subscription canceled too. I will let you all know if I am able to do something, and how I did it.

• Br
    Bruce Jul 26, 2008

Hey Kate, GOOD JOB. You nailed it!

• Ji
    jim mahoney Jul 21, 2008

I just got off the phone with a rep from CSW and all he did was rattle off and I could not get him to stop.. Yes he was probally in India and for me very hard to understand. It is a fraud and I guess the Attorney General will have to know about it.
    What ###s.

• Je
    Jessica Jul 18, 2008

Look on your bill where the charge is for the 9.99. It should have a number there like mine is (71769 CSW Ringtones). Text your number that shows on your and only put the word Stop. The service should then be cancelled. I don't know how long it will take for it to come off your bill. I just got off the phone w/ my carrier and they told me what to do.

chris bronowski Jul 17, 2008

i had the same thing happen to me. i saw an add for'joydivision' ringtones, checked out the site, and after finding out that they had no joy division rintones, told them that was false advertizing, and that if i get charged for anything i'm reporting the to the better business beurau, about 2 weekes latewr my virgin mobile account get's charged for 9.99. i just called the cancellation # i saw on this site, (thank you), and hopefully it works, or i will waste my valuable time putting these deuch bag liars out of bussines.

• Ly
    lyn ross Jul 14, 2008

i did contact them - the charges are still on my bill - found all your complaints when i was looking them up to cancel the service - yet again!

• Fr
    Franco Cavalcanti Jul 09, 2008

I'm unfortunately in the same boat. Charges of $9.99 for 3 months now. I don't even know who they might be. It seems that it is a scam. And I have no resources.

• Lo
    LORI Jun 18, 2008

IM GETTING BILLED ON MY MOMS LINE FOR SOMETHING SHE DIDNT ANSWER.. I CANT FIND WHERE TO CANCEL IT OR ANYTHING.. CAN ANYONE HELP.. ?

• Ka
    Kate May 22, 2008

Check out this webpage if you want your money BACK

• St
    Stephanie May 17, 2008

I just got my bill and was shocked to find 3 different charges of 9.99 on my account and I didn't even download anything, I was just looking!! I instantly called my cell phone company right away, told they of this fraud. They credited me the money and told me how to go on-line, into my account to "un-supscribe" these accounts and to block them from charging my account in the future.

• Ve
    Vera svishcheva May 13, 2008

I received my mobile phone bill (Sprint PCS) today and discovered that the bill is as twice as bigger than it was supposed to be; the reason is that I was charged for the service I never ordered(something like CSW: Ringers); moreover, I got charged twice for the same thing ($9.99 on 04/26 and $9.99 on 04/27). Also, they keep sending some kind of messages; I don't even understand what those messages about but still getting charged for those too. The worst thing is there no phone number I could call in order to figure out what all that is about.

Jacob May 11, 2008

I dont know how to get my number off this list... I'm not even sure how they got my number, but the last few months I've been charged 10bucks, and I haven't received a single ring tone.

Mark Tiffany May 11, 2008

I too have had unauthorized charges on my Sprint bill from CSW. I called the [protected] number and followed the voice prompts to unsubcribe. Hopefully this will work. I had Sprint put a block on my phone number to stop any further charges from this company. Hopefully this will work. Sprint was nice enough to remove the 9.99 charge on my bill. Note to self, "NO SUCH THING AS FREE RINGTONES".

• Fr
    Frank s Apr 30, 2008

HOW DO I GET MY CELL NUMBER OF THE LIST?

• Fl
    floyd a schultz Apr 28, 2008

stop ring did not orders being billed for ringers i did not approve thank you

Martina Apr 26, 2008

I agree with you all. I got a text message saying my CSW Subscription, which I NEVER had, had been renewed. When I went on the website, it said I would get a joke of the day. I would have never placed an order for a joke of the day! I have never even heard of this company, and I want my money put back on my account NOW! Something needs to be done!

Martina Apr 26, 2008

I recieved a text message saying my CSW subscription had been renewed. Well, I never had a subscription in the first place. So, I called the company, and It said my subscription was canceled. I haven't heard if it was or not. It took 9.99 off my account and I want the Money back NOW! Something needs to be done imediatly!

• Lh
    L Holbrook Apr 12, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me. I called my cell phone company several times and I finally reached someone who was all to happy to disregard the charges but said that I had to text message CSW and tell them to stop.

I can' t believe that this is alowed to happen.

• Te
    tess navarro Mar 31, 2008

I totally agree with all the above complaints. I think the authorities should do something about this company, like, shut it down and give our money back!

• Cw
    C. Wood Mar 28, 2008

My daughter got caught up in that "free" crap too. She's 17 and her phone is in my name. I haven't called CSW yet but I have contacted two others of the same business, Thumbplay and Dada Mobile.
    Thumbplay was easy to contact. Their phone # was on the cell phone bill with the charge. The rep I spoke with "said" they would mail me a refund, for the two months we had it, because my daughter was a minor. She also canceled the "subscription".

The other two had no #'s so I googled them and got the phone # from website. Dada Mobile would only cancel the "subscription". They would not reimburse me. I haven't tried CSW yet. Probably get the same crap Dada gave me. They don't care how old the subscriber is. Their defense is they send a text msg to the phone that subscribed telling about the charges. But it wasn't my phone. I didn't see that msg and I'm the Mobile Service account holder.

I really dislike what this world has become. Nobody cares anymore. It's all about money and they don't care how they get it or who they hurt by scamming and sucking in innocent, naive people.

For heavens sake, read everything!!! U may not want to but it may save u from future irritation and wasted money.

Mauricia Edenshaw Mar 25, 2008

I went to get a "free" ringtone from CSW ringers, put my carrier in, my number in, picked "free" ringtone, and started to get a 9.99 fee. Thought would be a one time fee so I paid the addition to my bill. Got text saying to resubscribe if wanted to continue, so I didn't resubscribe. Now it's on my April bill too, and extremly pissed I got con'd into all this with a "free" lure! Sprint has since said I needed to get it off my digital lounge to get monthly fees off my phone! However Sprint.com was down too, when I found this, a way to complain someone! Be careful of "free" anything! Thought I was smarter than this!

Christine Brown Mar 19, 2008

I too fell victim to CSW Ringtones. I'd like to get my money back as well.

• Jw
    J WATZ Mar 17, 2008

THESE ###S HAVE BEEN CHARGING ME FOR TWO MONTHS, I'VE NEVER EVEN HEARD OR USED THE SERVICE. WHEN I ASKED FOR A SUPERVISOR I WAS TOLD THEY DON'T TAKE PHONE CALLS, SOUNDS LIKE SOME FOREIGN ### LIKE DELL USES.

• Ri
    Rich Mar 14, 2008

I ralo received the $9.99 cahrge and was not sure why so I cancelled last month. I just received another charge again today and this time I responded to the email and an answer came back saying it was cancelled. So I guess I have to wait another month.