Crisp SoundAmazon seller central ripped us off!

C

We have an account with Amazon.com seller central, we use their marketplace to sell our products. They recently launched an assault on us, they suspended our account and they put a freeze on $5380.00 balance for the next 90 days. They failed to give us any reasons for account suspension, we offered them multiple opportunities to resolve the issue in an open dialog but they refused to call us and communicate with us. They actions are not fair, they are flexing their muscle against many other small businesses and they need to be reminded about the rules and regulations of interstate commerce and treating small businesses fairly. We ask for your help to get this matter resolved, we would like to see our account reinstated and our funds released as we fulfilled our commitments to Amazon and to the customers.

To all Seller Central members who got recently been suspended, the reason Amazon is doing this is to cut competition's and use YOUR money ZERO % interest! Email me to join in on a possible class law suite against this mad beast and claim whats yours!!

• Li
    Lisa Smith Dec 27, 2007

Agree same thing in the market place... they continue the same cr*p!

• Je
    jennifer Jun 24, 2008

i agree. i got suspended as well. they gave me a warning, did not do anymore and the next thing you know they suspend my account. i did not know that selling an OEM software was prohibited anyways, and I left my account to my cousin to care for my niece. When i got back, I was so upset that my acct was suspended. Amazon. com sent an email, which i believe is an automaitc or computer generated email stating that it is permanent period.

The founder of this company should remember that he used to be us- small people who are just trying to dispose our old stuff, or, maybe make a profit of a dollar or two from books, to support school. I curse this unfair company. They are just like eBay.

• Eg
    Eglantine Mar 11, 2009

Recently, Amazon suspended my account because my brother was suspended. They claimed my brother was doing too many refunds because his customers' addresses were incorrect and he didn't want to violate Amazon's policy by shipping to another address. That in itself is ridiculous because my brother was simply following Amazon's own rules.

What's even more ridiculous is that Amazon suspended ME because my brother and I are RELATED. Is it my fault that we were born as siblings? Nevertheless, Amazon ignored me and claims that an "account specialist" looked into my case and decided that it's a permanent action.

I am ready to take this to court.

• Te
    Terry Linn May 07, 2009

Amazon.com suspended and terminated our account after only 2 months and holds over $12, 000. For 2 months we were not paid. We had not chargebacks, requested returns were refunded, we have no bad feedback. Calls to Mr. Bezos the C.E.O. were not returned. Their legal department is an answering machine that refers you to the web-site. Mr. Bezos maintains no office to take calls. Funds are not forthcomming and Amazon.com seller perfomance asked that we continue to process orders received up to the suspension date??? We ask that any other Seller Central Resellers who were defrauded by Mr. Bezos company to contact our office in San Diego at [protected]. We filed a lawsuit in San Diego Superior court this week and would like to move it to a Federal Court as a class action settlement.

AmazonPaymentsSuck Jul 08, 2009

www.amazon.cm

Something needs to be done about sellercentral.amazon.com. They lock you out of your account so that you are unable to issue refunds. Any reputable company would not do this. They have essentially robbed us.

They won't email or call you to let you know what the problem is, neither do they give you a chance to resolve the issue.

payments.amazon.com & sellercentral.amazon.com suck!

Max Deal Dec 04, 2009

Visit http://www.amazonstealth.com/ for a complete guide on how to get back on Amazon after getting suspended. Guaranteed new account with their eBook!

- Also there is more things that Amazon tracks besides cookies on your computer. Find out more by reading the eBook! Plus you can even get it for free on their site!

• Fa
    fali Jan 16, 2010

My account was suspended as well due to some recent negative feedback from a couple of customers. I have maintained 100% feedback rating ever since I opened the account in April 2009. In the past month, I had a few orders that were shipped out late due to the fact that I was laid off and had to move to a different state. I issued refunds and apologies to the customers who received late mailings and was sent an automated policy warning by Amazon, to which I immediately replied with details about my situation, and 2 days later they completely closed my account. I have asked how to get my inventory which is currently at Fulfillment by Amazon and have received no reply. There was not even a name attached to the email they sent me stating that all my listings have been closed and I should not attempt to re-open an account with Amazon ever again. I would like to be a part of any class action law suit against this company and try to get them to change their harsh and unfair practices against their sellers who are the only reason they are still in business.

• Ba
    BARBARA AND ROBERT Feb 01, 2010

I RECENTLY JOINED AMAZON'S SELLER CENTRAL FOR 1 MONTH I HAVE DID OVER $1500 IN SALES.THEY SUSPENDED MY ACOUNT WITH NO REASON.THEY HAD STATED I HAVE TO WAIT 90 DAYS FOR PAYMENT(AFTER THEY HAVE RECIEVED THIER MONEY) NO GET THIS THEY HAVE LOCKED MY ACOUNT AS WELL AS HAVING NO RECORD OF ME AT ALL. THEY STATE I DO NOT EXIST AT ALL AFTER I PAIND $39.99 FOR THE 2 WEEKS AS WELL AS A COMISION ON ALL 80+ DVDS I HAVE SOLD THROUGH THEM. I HAD ALOT OF CONFIDENCE IN AMAZON BEFORE HAND .IN THIS DAY IN AGE AND STATE OF THE ECONOMY WITH 4 CHILDREN.MY BOYFRIEND AND I TRIED TO START A HOME BASED BUISNESS. NEEDLESS TO SAY AMAZON.COM HAS STOLLEN ALL OF MY MONEY AND WIPED ME OFF THEIR RADAR. NOW I SIT HERE WITH NO MONEY AND THEY GET FATER, WHAT A BUNCH OF CROOKS.LUCKILY I WROTE DOWN ON A PIECE OF PAPER OVER 25 BUYERS THROUGH THE ACCOUNT.WITH THE WHAT DO I DO NEXT ?????? ANYONE KNOW A LAWYER??? I WANT TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING TO OTHER FAMILIES WHOM ARE TRYING TO SURVIVE. IF ANY ONE HAS ANY LEGAL ADVICE PLEASE EMAIL ME [protected]@ [protected]@AOL.COM .

• Sc
    scamazonn Feb 10, 2010

Scamazon Has suspended my account over cancelling orders from Christmas season. Which would scamazon rather have or vendors, good products that sell fast or bad products with high inventory that never sells. They decided to wipe me out of competition by suspending my account. Scamazon's high school grading system is sooooo childish. Let the service of vendors speak to customer's not a high school grade system. Scamazon owes me over $1, 100.00 and suspended my checkout accounts because of cancellations of hot products selling out. So I lose on my web-site's. But one thing Scamazon never will do...if you have a affiliate program with scamazon they will never suspend this account which they clearly can see associated with my suspended accounts...why? Because my sites send's Scamazon constant Free traffic..which I have Suspended Scamazon.com from any FREE traffic from me. Hipocrits!! Did Scamazon ever get there local bank to Not give them any for product cancellations? NO. Scamazon wants to simply place on-line small retailers out of business and cash choke small businesses to out of businesses! THey are a true bunch of Crooks. Tell your friends, neighbors, relatives and any one person with a ear about SCAMAZON.COM Go to /link removed/ and file complaints with scamazon.com Go to Washington State attorney generals office like I did and file a complaint. Go to Washington State BBB of and file a complanint. First and foremost stiop buying ALL GOODS FROM SCAMAZON!

Hello from Amazon.com.

We are writing to let you know that we have blocked your Amazon.com selling account. You may no longer sell on our site.

We took this action because it has come to our attention that an excessive portion of your recent orders have been cancelled.

If you still have items to ship, please take appropriate steps to resolve your pending sales. Your Seller Account will remain accessible and you are encouraged to refund or ship pending orders.

Your funds are being reserved in your Amazon.com account for 90 days from the date of your final sale. After 90 days, the funds will be disbursed minus any A-to-Z Guarantee claims or charge-backs. If you have further questions about your funds please write to [protected]@amazon.com.

If you wish to appeal this decision you may do so by replying to this email. An appeal should include a clear plan of action that addresses all reasons for failure to perform; including but not limited to your inventory management methods, your fulfillment practices, and customer service improvements. Appeal requests are usually responded to within 24 hours.

Reviewing them may help you understand where your selling performance has fallen short of our standards. You can also review the performance related notifications we have sent you in the past at the link provided above.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
    Amazon.com

Hello from Amazon Payments.

This message is to let you know that we have blocked your Amazon Payments account and cancelled any pending transactions.

While we do not provide detailed information on how we link related accounts, we have thoroughly reviewed our records and confirmed that we have significant evidence that this account is related to an Amazon.com or Amazon Payments account previously closed for policy violations.

In accordance with the terms of your agreement, Amazon Services, Inc., hereby terminates the term of the agreement effective immediately.

Any remaining funds are being reserved in your Payments Account and may be held for 180 days from the date your account was blocked. After 180 days or the completion of all pending investigations, the funds, minus any claims or chargebacks, will be made available for withdrawal. If you have further questions about your funds please write to [protected]@amazon.com.

While we appreciate your interest, the closure of an account is a permanent action. Any subsequent accounts that are opened will be closed as well. Please note that we take such actions for the protection of all Amazon Payments participants.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
    Amazon Payments

• Sc
    scott251 Mar 14, 2010

hi the same has also happened to me and i want my payments they have suspended my acount and are saying they are revieuing my acount my status shows good and no problems from any of my buyers but they have gone ahead and suspende my acount and i cannot get any of my funds released untill they say so in my opinion this is so they can collect the interest from the acount and offer no good reason as to why they have done this it is a discrace and i want to go to court against them aswell and claim my interest back after all it is my money and they are getting the interest for money that is not theres in the first place aswell as taking comision help me start a case against these monkeys this is rediculas in this day ion age for something like this to happen i would not bother but they keep extending the suspesion with no reason as to why they have done so please someone out there help me get these theifs to court i am in the uk any help appriceated please contact me scott my email is [protected]@hotmail.co.uk

• Yo
    YOO00 Apr 12, 2010

First thing all you idiots need to do is read Amazon's policies, they will not just suspend your account for no apparent reason. If you have alot of orders coming in and not enough feedback they will review your account for 30 days but won't suspend it. If you get a lot of negative feedback, they will tell you to improve it so it matches their seller's performance. And there's no lawsuit you can bring on Amazon, they are a private company, which means they can kick you off their site and there's nothing you can do about it. I've been on Amazon for 5 years and had no problems, because I know how business works. But good luck wasting your time and crying your ### off, call a lawyer he will just laught at you. No private company in the world has to let idiots like all of you sell on their site.

michael99 Apr 19, 2010

Please Mr. " I know how business works." YOOoo...
    tell me what is your Seller ID on Amazon so I can put you out of business in 30 days...how?
    I will use Amazon A to Z claim policy on you! I will place 4 separate orders with you then I will file my 4 A to Z lifetime claims against you FOR NO REASON ...yes FOR NO REASON. In case 4 claims will not push your defect rate over 1% then I will have my gf file hers as well. Is not that what old sellers do to new sellers in order to wipe out new competitors and Amazon is totally aware of that?
    Amazon is a nightmare …….and if you are really an Amazon seller you would know it. By the way……you can sue Amazon for many reasons. Holding your fund for 90 days without paying interest is one of them. The ability of only 2% of sellers to collect sales tax while 98% of sellers are not able to do so is another and a major reason for a lawsuit, actually for a class action.
    So what is your seller ID Mr. " I know how business works." ?

• Go
    GoodgirlinAz Jun 13, 2010

Does anbody Know the right way ? I've tried selling on another site and it has been such a night mare also .I've decided to go with amazon to avoid some of the stuff and see if the selling had more freedom...The last site seems like you could sell "dirty under ware and road kill" and you were good to go. Try selling some of you designer duds that you don't like or want anymore and you got in a little bit of trouble, especially the TRADEMARK Violation . Selling is not that easy.
    I'm happy to hear anything from any one that has made a sucess on Amanon, and please walk me thru this until I get the hang of. I don't like getting in trouble for anything. There has to be a way.

• Bu
    Business Services Solutions Jun 13, 2010

They do not even follow their own A-Z rules in regards to their own sales by not shipping product they sell due to back orders (selling product they do not have on hand). This while requiring you ship in a set time frame and demand you have the stock on hand while they do not! They have no customer service phone number you can call for anything. Completely a one sided agreement and you will lose in your efforts to get reinstated so do not put any effort into that other then the standard initial apppeal. You will not get your $$ from them for the next 2-3 months so plan for that. Do not fill any outstanding orders as you will not get paid for 2-3 months. Just do the returns and credits and shut it down and move on as we did last year.

• Amen to Amazon.com being a corrupt organization. I will take pleasure in joining you for a class action lawsuit. I did not get your email contact from your post but mine is [protected]@hotmail.com. Yesterday marked the 90th day Amazon.com said they were going to pay me my $760 they have stolen from the product I sold and have not heard back from them. How in the world can they legally get away with this? I had a 100% customer satisfaction rating with great communication with customers. Good job everyone of publicizing all of your experiences of being ripped off from Amazon.com. Now everyone can see this is a consistent pattern of behavior of this organization's and not just an isolated incident. Lets continue to spread the word and boycott buying from that site. What are the doing to help small businesses? Nothing... If the seller is really doing a poor job the customer reviews would eliminate him from selling. `

• Everyone, please take urgent and aggressive action by sharing your story on sites like [redacted].com Try to find or lets establish an online petition for a class action lawsuit. Make sure you share your story of your facebook page that has the most fans to ensure the word of mouth has maximum reach to all the viewers and readers.

• Mj
    MJP1966 Jun 28, 2010

Amazon is a garbage, scamming corporation.

Like many of the others, I had great feedback, absolutely ZERO complaints, absolutely ZERO returns and was suspended out of the blue with the same: "We took this action because it has come to our attention that this account is related to an account which has been previously blocked for violations of our policies."

Attempts to respond by email/phone led nowhere, and they held my account balance for 90 full days.

My only guess as to what happened is that I bought some books for resale from a previously blocked seller, and they evidently have software which can assess that you have more than a certain # of the same books that the blocked seller listed.

So evidently we are supposed to somehow know that when you legally buy items for resale that the seller may have at some point in the past been blocked.

It's utterly absurd.

Like buying a used car and being held responsible for a speeding ticket the previous owner got while driving it four years ago.

Amazon sucks. End of story.

• Ln
    Lnlstore Aug 12, 2010

My family and I are the latest victims of this ridiculous heinous treatment. We'll gladly join this petition. 100% feedback . Cancelled this morning.

[protected]@gmail.com

• Sn
    snaffle Aug 17, 2010

I too have been unfairly suspended by Amazon out of the blue. I received one neutral feedback from a customer for the item being in bubble wrap (OF WHICH THE CUSTOMER WAS WELL-INFORMED OF BEFORE THE PURCHASE) and I had to canceled 3 orders as the item was discontinued and thus non retail-able, and they have permanently suspended my account.

I have sent them many lengthy e-mails, called them several times, and all for nothing. Customer service told me to e-mail them directly, which I did three times, and to which their response was "Do not send anymore e-mails regarding the blockage of your seller account, those received will be deleted and go unanswered." To top it off, they are holding my $2, 500 for 90 days. Thank goodness I removed nearly 10k from my account the week before, or they would've had that too. I am furious and extremely frustrated by the situation.

• Dt
    dTeChic Sep 28, 2010

I agree that this would not be a frivolous lawsuit due to the mere fact that this is a private company. For one thing, Amazon does not appear to have a policy like EBay where they actually INVESTIGATE the negative feedbacks. They don't seem to care about if the negative feedback is TRUE...all they care about is that someone left negative feedback. You know, when we shipped thousands of orders, but had three negative feedbacks out of 22 FIVE STAR feedbacks (two of the negative feedbacks were from the SAME customer, and we can prove they were untrue), which left us with just over 1% negative feedback rating and took us to a 4 of 5 star rating...and they suspended our account! Granted, it's not like we didn't try to appease the two negative customers. One even filed an A to Z claim, which Amazon denied since the customer clearly wanted both a refund AND to keep the product! LOL! Worst yet, Amazon asked me to submit a plan to improve our order defect rate (ODR), which we did submit in several appeals (and in fairness to Amazon, I think was a good idea)...yet to date we have received no response to our appeal and our account is still blocked. Just FYI...we have maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) for over a decade, so it's not like we're even remotely an unethical business.

The irony of all this is...just check the Better Business Bureau's list of complaints against Amazon from other sellers like us. Amazon has a HUGE list of negative feedback from seller slike us. So it's more a case of Amazon running its business with the philosophy, "Do as we say and not as we do." LOL!

Even though Amazon is a private business, when you get as large as they have, and are affiliating numerous small businesses (which are the very foothold of the American economy), then the government or Attorney General or some type of oversight organization or legal entity has to consider that Amazon is no longer JUST a private business. It has pretty much risen to the scope of the "too big to fail" since its actions (or inactions) can probably negatively impact the US economy. It could almost be deemed monopolistic or at the very least on the verge of unfair trade. Even if it turns out that we can't address this legally, I think we could probably band together to address this publicly (i.e via the web and news medias like CNN, Fox News, Steven Colbert, etc.). Maybe we could even contact Anderson Cooper for the “Keeping Them Honest” segment. I think negative publicity about Amazon's unfair practices could at the very least affect their business (by aiming at decreasing customer sales and decreasing sellers currently operating on Amazon and even warn prospective sellers). We could even try for boycotts on the part of buyers and sellers. I bet you we are a very small representation of Amazon's disgruntled sellers.

Another option is to try to create a new Amazon type website to compete with Amazon, because I believe we could form some alliances to take on their size and scope, and compete against them purely on the merits of running our business in a more user friendly and customer-service oriented manner. If we marketed it correctly, I think we could prevail.

So if we get organized and think strategically, I think we could either impact Amazon’s negative and unfair practices or we could try to form a competing business. We just have to be sure to maintain our reputation by keep our arguments fair-minded, rational, and logical. So who’s in this with me? If you agree, then let’s quit griping and start planning. I own a business and I work a LOT of hours. So while I’d be happy to help organize and strategize, we need to get a competent team together of people who have either the time, experience; and/or expertise in things like web design, business law, marketing/PR, business management, etc.; and/or connections with any media outlets. Then once we see what type of response we get from people who are truly ready to take ACTION on this (and not just sit around blowing a lot of hot air), then we’ll all put our heads together and set a plan of action based on the skill sets of the team. Sound like a plan?
    So for now, just post if you’re willing to join the team, and what your skill set is (i.e. web design, business law, marketing/PR, business management, organizer, worker bee, or other relevant skill set), and how you’d like to help, and then we’ll see what kind of response we get posted on this blog. If we get a lot of response, then maybe we can set up a website and email and get this all organized to take action.

Remember...there's power in NUMBERS, so show me we're getting enough response, and then we'll show you that power of numbers in the form of ACTION! I’m crossing my fingers that we get enough response to make this worthwhile!

• At
    atozguy Dec 21, 2010

I recently bought a game package bundle including a game and a remote on Amazon. Seeing that other sellers posted the game without the remote and describe it that way, I did the same at a lower price. My exact phrasing was "Flingsmash game disc only shrinkwrapped". The buyer contacts me two days after he received it asking if there was a controller, I replied there wasn't. He replied demanding a full refund, I replied that I had described it accurately never acknowledging my description that was posted when he bought it and on his printed invoice. He files an A-Z claim that I had not described the item accurately. Amazon sends out a bot letter saying the funds will be deducted from my account. I seriously doubt they even looked at my reply to the buyers claim, or seven subsequent replies to them directly. I now have a full hold of their cost, and my five dollars shipping expense, as well as I have no brand new game disc. It seems the buyers have an unfair opportunity for fraud, maybe if I were a dishonest person I would try and get free stuff that way too.

• Jt
    JT Books Jan 12, 2011

Im on board. They just suspended my seller account for no reason and are withholding our money for 90 days. We have never even had one complaint. First I want to say everyone should stop using there name in blogs. All it does is drive there company on the top of search engines. Next we need to start a new company that can compete with them. It will take some time but can be done. With there practices and polices the will surely fail.

• Se
    Serjape May 07, 2012

Count me in. No violations, no negative feedback. Minding my own business and got an email letting me know my account is "under review" and funds would be unavailable until they say so. So I cancelled any pending orders notified my eager but understanding customers and emailed them that I would wait. They promptly suspended my account and held $ for 90 days. NO interest paid. Now, it is mandated that even utility company have to pay you interest on any deposits or held funds, why doesnt amazon?

[protected]@gmail.com

• Ba
    BackYardSales Jun 05, 2012

I'm for a new Amazon competitor!, spending hours in my own business to make a buck and survive is hard enough without places like Amazon promising the moon for sellers, then stabbing them in the back!

Not2bforgot10 Jun 05, 2012

Count me in, Amazon is absolutely corrupt. They are extremely unfair in flat-out unethical in terms of business practices. Both my partner and I have been suspended multiple times 100% unfairly. Customers flat-out lied (we even have pictures and documentation, which Amazon does not care about), and Amazon has given them their money back without them even returning the products! This has happened with HUNDREDS of dollars. They currently have $2, 000 of our money supposedly on "reserve" for 90 days. I would be happy to be a part of a class-action lawsuit. [protected]@yahoo.com

nomoreamazon Aug 11, 2012

I recently opened a new account because my previous account was suspended due to three order problems that happend when I was moving cross country. I put my HTC Wild Fire S cell phone on and it sold I had it sent off and once I got home to disperse the $75 dollars I made my account was froze with no warning prior due to me being related to someone I tried to appeal to let them know I couldn't meet orders because I was moving and trying to get settled in and before I had done fine fullfilling orders these people are controling and don't care they just love taking advantage of people and holding there hard earned money over there head i'll never sell through them again.

• Ka
    KatieLovesCFC Aug 23, 2012

I was suspended and both times I questioned their reason, they gave me a completely different one, and then said they would not reinstate me. And like everyone else, claimed they would hold my money for 90 days. I am very interested in pursuing action against them. I need that money, and holding it two weeks is bad enough. They are the worst kind of corporate greed.

• Fo
    Former Individual Seller on Amazon Oct 04, 2012

I agree. I have 0 negative comments. They are now holding $3100 for the next 31 days. They refuse to talk to me about the account review though I ask. In fact, they have emailed me and told me to stop asking as they will not provide any feedback. I had a person tell me not to sell on Amazon in advance but I thought they were exaggerating. I should have listened. Additionally almost every time they post when I will get paid prior to the suspension it never happened - there was always a reason to wait 2 additional weeks. If I pay someone 31 days after it was due I would have my credit report show a negative rating. This does have a financial consequence on sellers. I am choosing not to work with Amazon anymore. However, I have no faith that I am going to receive any funds soon.

amason-f-off Aug 23, 2014

Amazon ripped me off too!

They suspended my account without a single warning and held all my funds.
    They have no communication as exactly what you did wrong.
    They just give general reason "policy violation" and simply shut you down and shut their eyes, ears, and mouth.
    My first appeal email through their own "appeal" system ended up with wrong department. Which was pretty dumb to begin with.
    amazon do not tolerate single mistake or problem with sellers. Even if they made a mistake they will never admit to it.

If you are selling any item that amazon is selling and selling it even a penny cheaper they will suspend your account with what ever the reason they see fit and won't communicate at all with you.

amazon uses seller program to beef up their product variety to fill the need to have "A to Z" (all) products but as soon as they start to sell their own inventory, you are out. You are out without warning

Any sellers currently doing business are slaves of amazon with 15% fee and absolutey no person to person support.
    Sellers selling non-competing product is the only seller who will survive but their days are numbered as amazon expands their product line. If you are selling rock and they start to sell rock, you are out because you are eating into their profit!

DON'T SELL WHAT THEY SELL!!! IF YOU DO YOU ARE A TARGET!!!

• Al
    Alicen Sep 01, 2014

I recently had this same experience and it has been devastating to me financially. Each time I email them, I get a different reason for the suspension. At one point they asked me to write a plan of action. Then I got no response at all after I sent my plan of action. Finally, after waiting several days, I emailed them again and got a totally different response, saying I may be selling restricted items and they are closing my account. The original reason what that I listed things in the wrong categories.

I have spent many long hours creating an online store on amazon. I had over 1200 listings. Now I'm without a means to sell all the inventory I purchased. Plus I have lost my way to earn money.

Amazon charged me $39.99 for my online store plus a percentage of my sales. Yet, suddenly they say I can no longer sell my products. Whom do we contact for a resolution?

• Al
    Alicat0000 Sep 01, 2014

I was suspended from Amazon recently. I have emailed seller support numerous times and wrote my plan of action without a response. The reason for the suspension changed 3 times in 3 different emails from seller support. Originally, they asked me for a plan of action and gave me hope they would reinstate my selling benefits if I sent this plan of action. Of course, I wrote one immediately and went to work on fine-tuning my listings, as to search for any violations. This was hours of work for nothing! It seems they never intended to reinstate my selling privileges. Their latest message states they are closing my account. The reason is that I'm selling restricted products. Prior to that I was told my listings were in the wrong categories and I need to correct that. It seems to me that each person in seller support finds a different reason to deny my selling privileges. Meanwhile the $39.99 I paid for my store is only a small part of what I've lost. I've also lost my income and left with products I have purchased without a way to sell them.

• De
    Den R Smith Sep 18, 2014

I have read every body's complaints and I share in every word. This happened to me just recently (all stated above) but I was only on there site selling for 3 weeks to a month and they suspended my account for bogus reasons. If I have to deal with Amazon for 8 hours/day then how is one supposed to fill orders and keep customer service to a 4-star rating. Even when I bought something on their site I was demanded that I leave a review. I don't give reviews for an item I bought... nobody cares what I buy so why should I lie about a product that I am personally interested? It seems their "scams" are current, considering the age of most of these complaints, and continuing on with new sellers. I hope someone shakes them down and put them out of business... in all the countries they are located in. My personal sympathies to those who have been taken by them and I hope that you recover from it all.

Mike123111 Sep 24, 2014

Amazon is very rude to small business sellers. It encouraged buyers to abuse the buyer protection policy with so called A-to-Z Guarantee.
    So buyers can let seller pay shipping to check the product in hand and then return it with full refund by claiming the A-to-Z claim.
    Also, the tracking # on a shipping is not considered as proof of delivery. I had buyer who bought a $100 item from me, and after 40 days of receiving (showed on tracking #), he claimed that item is not received with A-to-Z claim. Amazon ripped all the money off my account to buyer even I did the appeal.
    On the other hand, eBay improved a lot to treat small seller better recently with against the policy abusing buyers.
    Amazon thought itself is big, and does not care those small sellers. Eventually, Amazon will go down with its mistake. Last quarter, Amazon has a flat earning. That reflect partially from its stupid seller policy. Not everyone is dying to sell on Amazon. People do have a lot of other options on living.

Mike123111 Sep 24, 2014

Instead of Amazon fire you as a seller, you can fire Amazon, too.
    I'm a small seller of websites, eBay, Craigslist.org and Amazon. I just closed all my 40 listings on Amazon today. And I put all these listings on eBay since too many policy abusing buyers on Amazon with its encouragement.
    In an additional, Amazon charged much higher fees to sellers than eBay. For some small items, I counted the total fees I paid to Amazon is around 25% or higher.
    Buyer can easily rob me with a $500 watch by the A-to-Z claim since Amazon told me the tracking # is not counted as evidence of delivery.
    If a buyer dislike your item without point out anything wrong, he can just fire A-to-Z claim to get full refund (including the shipping cost) at you cost for his playing.

• De
    Den R Smith Sep 24, 2014

Response - Did they ever change your prices behind your back and not tell you? Or send a Notification... email and when someone bought your item you were shocked to find it way less than what you put up in the first place? They did that to me several times and I didn't get a profit from selling - I think that without the small businesses they will go under. Freelancers come and go and they don't have the stronghold on selling regularly. I hope amazon gets what's coming to them. Ebay is great! They have improved a lot and having no fees to sell without auctioning is a great turn around. This is where I do my business.

Mike123111 Sep 24, 2014

Yes, you just reminded me the same thing. I had an item with price $43, and several days ago it was sold for $39.95 at Amazon. At first, I thought that might be my hallucination with $43. I checked my inventory list table in my Amazon account and found this is the last one so that no record. But, I did have 2 same items in different name in my inventory list table, which is $43 each. I just could not believe that Amazon can change my price. I can not complain since no record.
    So, I realized that Amazon is not a good place for small sellers since it treats small sellers as trash. It charged very high fees to sellers. And I never won any cases against buyer abusing policy. I thought Amazon became more like a thief's place.
    On the other hand, I did won several dispute cases on eBay against buyer abuse recently. eBay people told me that they did not care sellers much before so that a lots of sellers ran away. Now they improved the seller protection policy a lot so that sellers started coming back.
    So, instead Amazon fire me, I fired Amazon first by closing all my listings on Amazon, and move them to eBay. I can not stand anymore for Amazon hurting me as seller and making money from me at the same time.

• Ki
    Kimberly Shackleford Oct 02, 2014

Amazon is a disgrace, they treat their sellers like dirt. My account of 3 years was suspended without cause. I had built a business that sustained me and my family. Amazon took that all away, they are beyond contempt. Kimberly

• Sk
    Sky007 Jan 12, 2015

Our account has been closed only because we received 1 negative feedback regarding buyer did not receive his order even we offer a free replacement.
    We contacted amazon as least 5 times, showed the proof of postage, then the final response is we won't answer any more email from your company!
    This negative feedback is totally false, he opened a case regarding the order is not arrived, then we responded straight away asking for confirm delivery address, so we can send out the free replacement. Buyer didn't response and left a negative feedback says received incorrect item.
    I have sent 4 emails to amazon request to remove this false feedback, but all the response is NO!
    They charge us over £1000 fees every 2 weeks, even we only make £1000 profit, not considering we need to pay postage, stock and shipping cost from oversea!
    So what is the point to run a business on such a ridiculous platform, ripping seller off!
    When I request a call, never received one!

• Fe
    fedupwidththewholelot Jan 12, 2015

Amazon and eBay should be shut down. A lot of buyers are the ones ripping off merchants (just like shoplifting but through the mail).

AmazonVendor Jan 25, 2015

Our Amazon account was suspended. We called the seller support center. Their Center is in India. I talked to a representative, to a supervisor and the issue got escalated up to the Manager of the seller support center. Basically, no one was able to tell us why the account is suspended. The only reply was that the seller performance team would get back to us. We have writen numerous emails to the seller performance team. It has been 3 weeks and all we get is automated email every time we send an inquiry. Never any responses regarding any of the issues we want to discuss. To put thing in perspective: we are rated as 92.6% with a rate of above 90% perfect orders. Be AWARE: AMazon suspends the accounts only to hold the money they owe to the vendors without paying any interest. Amazon get paid by the customers right away, however they generate lots of cash by "suspending accounts and holding the funds for 60 days" which is more like 90 days if you count the 3-4 weeks they need t "review the account". Amazon is engaged in unfair business practices.