Crisp SoundAmazon seller central ripped us off!

C

We have an account with Amazon.com seller central, we use their marketplace to sell our products. They recently launched an assault on us, they suspended our account and they put a freeze on $5380.00 balance for the next 90 days. They failed to give us any reasons for account suspension, we offered them multiple opportunities to resolve the issue in an open dialog but they refused to call us and communicate with us. They actions are not fair, they are flexing their muscle against many other small businesses and they need to be reminded about the rules and regulations of interstate commerce and treating small businesses fairly. We ask for your help to get this matter resolved, we would like to see our account reinstated and our funds released as we fulfilled our commitments to Amazon and to the customers.

To all Seller Central members who got recently been suspended, the reason Amazon is doing this is to cut competition's and use YOUR money ZERO % interest! Email me to join in on a possible class law suite against this mad beast and claim whats yours!!

• Ar
    ArtherT Mar 13, 2017

Different situation for me, but I found Amazon seller support team members are incompetent and not well trained knowledgeable in general. I recently was wronged by A to Z guaranteed claim by a buyer who received the product, a software key code via message attachment but claims that he no longer want to download the software. Since this is first time I encounter this, not knowing what I need to do, I called seller support for advice. He put me on hold for a lengthy time and told me no need to do anything as he was able to verify I did deliver the product and due to the nature of the product, it is not returnable since the buyer continue has access to the code. Apparently he gave me the wrong instruction, I should have represented myself in the A to Z guaranteed claim. 3 days later, the refund was issued to the buyer. I called seller support explained what had happened with the previous support's name and email proof, I was told not to worry that the matter should be reversed that I just needed to appeal. So I need, I received the judgment quickly that appeal was denied due to the fact that I didn't represent myself within 3 days regardless the fact that I was mis-instructed by Amazon seller support member. Thinking that I might not explained what had happened clearly, I re-appealed detailed with sequence of events and with emails as supports, again, I received a rude reply from Amazon A to Z guaranteed claim team that they won't change it's decision and won't respond any further.

jackr99 Jul 22, 2016

I have received 38 notices since AMAZIN suspended my account on 7/8. I have sent 18 PLANS of ACTION. Today I got this - "Hello,

You have not sent us an acceptable plan to address the problems with your account. This is against our policies. As a result, you may no longer sell on Amazon.com, and your listings have been removed from our site.

Please ship any open orders. If you have funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please send an email to [email protected]

If you want to appeal this decision, click the Appeal button next to this message on the Performance Notifications page in Seller Central (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/customer-experience/perf-notifications.html).

Sincerely,

Seller Performance Team
    Amazon.com
    http://www.amazon.com "

The first suspension is based on accusations of selling inauthentic products. Each accusation was fallacious.

I made it very clear to [email protected] and whomever else would listen that the accusation were false and some were made by other sellers that want to squelch competition. I did not hold back with my assessment

I know that this was wrong. Jeff Bezos and Amazon want total compliance without the free exchange of ideas. I believe that in my case I am being punished for speaking out and Amazon is dragging this out but will ultimately close my account

This is not my sole means of support and I am working on creating my own viable web site. However, Amazon's action are barbarous and unflinching. While they might sing "We are the World" at company meetings they should follow with a rendition of 'Dark Side of the Moon"

I know enough about the law to know that a lawsuit for just the closure of my account would probably be frivolous. However, the ceaseless and cruel manner of doing so may be fodder for a lawsuit based on the psychological and physical harm caused. No one anywhere should treat someone in this manner but Amazon is a cryptic world in of itself with little connection to the unwritten laws of compassion and empathy

• Ga
    Gabe P Jul 08, 2016

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can still get access to their vendor central data that is 2014 and older? Please email me with the answer if you can.

• Mo
    Moudy2 Mar 10, 2016

Recently Amazon started targeting my fingertip pulse oximeter product. First they suspended the product because my description suggests use by health care practitioner. I removed any suggestion as required, but they keep sending emails that states that it is not fixed and there is no telephone number to the product monitoring division. Now, they targeted another product (Xiaomi Mi Wrist Band) and they claim I need a letter from the manufacturer that states I am an authorized dealer. Interestingly, there are tens of sellers small and big who sell my products.
    My first impression is that they are biased against certain sellers. I wish we could start a class action against them.
    My short term solution is to have my own eCommerce website.

• Ck
    Cksan Jan 29, 2016

I would like to join the class action. We recently sold a $200 item only sent back to us, problem the item was not the same item we shipped out. It was broken and looks obvious the buyer exchanged it out. We have been going back and forth with the a to z by email for 2 months now, well the buyer gets a full refund and a brand new item. We even sent their joke of a claims department pictures of the item before we shipped it and pictures of what was sent back to us and nothing. Amazon also added $20 charge as well. What do we need to do??? Please contact me at [email protected]

• Di
    dismond Sep 22, 2015

I am with you an this!! I am Josh Dismond, I created an amazon account to sell merchandise. I bought $2000 with of items to sell on amazon for a profit. My account was suspended with the reason of counterfeit items. I provided proof that I purchased these items outright and I should be able to sell them. There is no way I can counterfeit a bluetooth device or camera system or a home theatre receiver amongst the many Item I bought to sell on the site. The performance department sent me an email that even with the evidence I provided that I indeed purchased these items and they are not counterfeit, they are still keeping my account suspended and after a few more emails to them they have not responded at all completely putting a stop to my small business and efforts I have in supporting my family from products I purchased. I am a father of 3 small children and have always worked very hard to provide for them and I feel that I have been taken advantage of. I am a middle class citizen, so $700 means the difference of putting food on the table for us to eat and a roof over our heads. For Amazon its a drop in the bucket but yet Amazon find it necessary to take from me and let a customer take from me and leave me out to dry. First they suspend my account and hold my funds for 90 days, then a customer puts in a claim for an item being broken and did not power on, I had proof to provide that the item was working before it was sent out. They said they send me an email on Sept 15th and since I didn’t respond they just gave the customer their money back. I never revived the email, I contacted seller support who told me that then they just deducted the money from my account without mandating the customer send back my receiver, they also told me they were having problems sending emails out due to the high volume of emails being sent for seller problems. I was willing to show proof that I did everything I was supposed to when putting the listing on the site, Amazon seller support just decided since I didn’t respond they would just give the buyer their money back and let them keep my product I sold. I have found many times these buyers will purchase an item in working condition, put a claim against amazon, and send back a complete different Item that is the same product but broken, and get their money back virtually keeping a product for free. Or put in a claim and get their money back and once they do, they stop responding because they know that now they got a free $230 receiver and I am now at a loss of money and the product. This is called stealing, with Amazon being a willing accomplice to these actions. They do nothing about it and this put the sellers business in jeopardy and Amazon doesn’t care about the well being of the sellers that are sold with the promise of a lucrative opportunity to make a profit selling on amazon. I can’t just let this situation go after the blatant disregard to me as a seller or respect for me selling items with integrity and simply trying to not get taken advantage of.

• Ca
    Caroline King Aug 28, 2015

I had my account suspended just over two weeks after I had opened it!! Thankfully I had not put anything up to sell and therefore, Amazon has not taken any of my money.
    They said that the account was suspended because it was related to another account. The only way it is related to another account is because my son has an account which had also been suspended (currently being resolved). But the only reason they could link it was that my son was visiting with me for a couple of weeks and used the internet at home. This equals the use of the same IP address for two accounts and that is NOT allowed. Where do I go from here?? Any answers to [email protected]
    I am UK based and would love to hear from other UK amazon seller who have had similar problems.

• To
    Tomasz Trochanowski Aug 15, 2015

I have exactly the same problem. Our account has been suspended for negative feedback for non delivered item and missing 1 of 3 items. On the top of this Amazon does fulfillment for us. So actually this is their fault and they received negative feedback not us. Even so, no explanation, reaction, and the last email that our account is linked to some already closed account that is a horrible lie. It is so dishonest I am frustrated I can’t even tell them they are incompetent idi...ts. We are happy to join any a class action lawsuit. [email protected]

• Ph
    phburkard Jul 14, 2015

I am an organizwer and have strong ideas on how to counter Amazon's practices.What can I do to help. I am particularity ininterested in aggrieved sellers from MIssouri.
    PeterPePeter
    phburkard!burkardlaw.com

• Si
    SilverWolf Jul 06, 2015

So I am just curious if anyone else is having this issue or they did not notice this issue.. I am not a big seller, but I do have a few things, but usually in ones or twos. When Amazon's Warehouse damages your product, they refund less that the amount that was owed on the item.

How this works is that lets say that you are selling a book for 10$, the warehouse damages the book for unknown reasons. Amazon is going to give you FMV for the book for the book, not what you are asking for the book, but Fair Market Value. Which could be less than half of what you bought it at. Then they take fees from that amount. reducing to maybe a quarter of the amount of what you were asking for.

My question is how is that ethical? I mean, they are storing your inventory, protecting your inventory, and shipping your inventory all for a fee. But should the warehouse damage your product, they refuse to give you full value for your item.

For an example, if you store you stuff in a storage unit, and lets say the manager/owner decides that he is going to move things around in the process he damages some of your stuff. How would you feel if he told you that he was only going to give you a quarter of what the damaged stuff is worth, and he will be expecting you to still pay your monthly fee for the storage unit. Does that sound right? Why should we pay fees if they are the ones that damaged, lost, and/or destroyed our products? Isn't that part of what the fees are for, to protect our product to be sold to their sellers?

I have had a lot of inventory (to date over 100 items, some of those items were several hundred dollars) damaged or just flat missing, that was stored in the warehouse in Kentucky. I have I have requested that an investigation should be done as to just my stuff come up missing, but I have been refused. just saying that "that is not a service we provide". I told them that I was not asking for a service, I am asking for an investigation be done for my missing inventory.

So the scam is that when your product goes missing or damaged, they reduce the price you are asking for the item to the fair market value, then they charge you the fees as if it was sold, and give you what is left. The thing is that they state that they give you the full price as if it was sold, but that is not true. Several of the items I had that have gone missing were worth around 200$, but amazon only gave me 50$ for the item. Then they took out their fees on top of that. I just find this unethical business practice.

I am not sure how long this post will be active before they take it down, but I just wanted an answer and I had been refused an answer every time.

• Ih
    I_HATE_AMAZON Jun 25, 2015

I too have been wronged by Amazon Seller Central. They shut off my account and it took over a month to reinstate (even though we sent them a plan of action specifically what we would do to not allow our order defect rate go above 1% the very same day). A customer that just looked at the picture and didn't bother to read the description of what she was buying gave us negative feedback. We show both styles of an item for illustration and so you can choose. She called us deceptive and unfair. This is a very rare occurrence (first time this came up). Because we had a few returns in the past 30-90 days, they shut us off without warning. They only reinstated after I found a button to cancel the account. They called the very next day and told us they would be reinstating our account. Before finding the button to cancel the account, I sent about 30 emails requesting a call back or email. They said they don't call for legal reasons. Now after being reinstated, they stated they wouldn't fund us until we had 2 weeks of sales on the books. Additionally they seemed to throttle our sales. We were selling $4-$6k per week and after being reinstated we only sold around $200 for the first couple of weeks. Now out of $5, 000 in sales, Amazon only gave us $940 and claimed the rest would be held to cover defects based on our history of order defects. How can they hold our money and not pay any interest on it? How can they keep our money that we already put out for product? We are losing with amazon and will be switching to alternative online retailers. In the meantime, feel free to email me if you have lawsuit or other way to get back at these untouchable giants.

• I filed a complaint at the WA BBB and the Attorney General's office. Same complaint as everyone else. They can't talk to you or get specific about anything. When I call the seller support they can't help because it is seller performance ###s who are from God knows where. It's hard to understand them when I call due to their heavy accents. And they are reading a script off a computer screen. I got two emails in two days. One said I could sell on FBA and the next day it said this is final, you are permanently suspended, and there will be no more talk about it. Bammm. Why the hell did they ask me for a rebuttal for appeal? What a waste of time because they did not even respond with anything that showed they read it.
    It really infuriates me because IO feel powerless to the Scamazon giant who has ALL the power and I have none - no say whatsoever - like the industrial revolution when the giants of Steel, Banking, Railroad etc had the conglomerate monopoly on all money and at that time they could make people work 12-16 hour days with NO rights. Because the people NEEDED jobs and Carnegie and the giants would just say, "Oh Well. I have all the money and power and if you want to work, you do what I say!" Then they were taken to court and the government forced them to break up their companies, institute fair practices for workers, allow unions in, and although they were multi billionaires, they no longer had absolute power . But... for the first 25 years, they had everything and the government let them because they were creating industry. The scamazon folks are the new e-dustrial revolution and no government had moved in yet to protect the little guys trying to make a living and getting squashed but it is coming. They all be legislated out and the little people will get a fair chance at marketability with out the fear off being "suspended" for no reason, like we live in some other country where no one has rights. Like in the mafia or something. I see scamazon as saying, "You do what I say, when I say it, and you have no choice. If you don't like it, lump it, and we will do the hitting - don't let the door hit you in the ### on your way out". So, I see it as a human rights violation and illegal scamming of people's money by making interest off of holding their money. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Mark my words, they will not get away with it for much longer!

• Th
    thisisjoslyn May 29, 2015

What's the email for seller central support? I can't find it anywhere.

• Bo
    BoseUK Feb 11, 2015

My experience is one more reason to get organised and come up with al alternative to Amazon.
    Please read my bad experience and humiliation! I have been searching the web and now convinced its not worth at all selling through them.

I would like to share my experience in starting to sell in Amazon UK.
    Stage 1:
    I registered about 4 months ago.
    Started uploading all what they were asking for;
    1. my driving license, then my passport because Driving license was not enough.
    2. My company details all what have been asked for etc..
    Every time I just received a message that the documents were not valid and I needed to do again.
    I got tired of everything and forgot about it.
    3.They started charging me £25.00 per month for not selling..not using the system at all.
    4.I sent more than 6 emails and became frustrated about the way they treat people.
    5.Some how after paying 3 months I managed to call them (!) and had my money refunded.

Stage 2:
    My partner suggested that we may try again.
    1. Registered and filled up again all iformation.
    2. Uploaded a dozen or more times different documentation they requested.
    3. One guy calls me after many attempts from my side to contact them. Tells me" Just sign the memorandum and upload it sir" and it was ready to go APAPRENTLY!!
    4.Hurray, I upload again as he asked me to and guess what. Again not a single document was valid!
    4.I thought may be I will do it again..and guess what!
    5.I uploaded a special message to them hoping they will give me a solution!!!
    nothing after 4 days.

I DECIDED TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AND REQUESTED THE CLOSURE.

6.Received an email saying SOmeone was going to close the account is being closed.

7.Another lady calls me on the phone...Sir I need to verify you? (I had gone through this before)
    "No thank you very much."
    "Can I write to your superiors to complain?"
    "Yes sir of course but you will have to write to the same email [which has bounced 4 times]"
    May be you will be luckier than me. May be simply I came across some ###s that were wrongly employed by Amazon. Or may be Amazon does not respect anyone at all! Money Money Money!

• Am
    AmazonVendor Jan 25, 2015

Our Amazon account was suspended. We called the seller support center. Their Center is in India. I talked to a representative, to a supervisor and the issue got escalated up to the Manager of the seller support center. Basically, no one was able to tell us why the account is suspended. The only reply was that the seller performance team would get back to us. We have writen numerous emails to the seller performance team. It has been 3 weeks and all we get is automated email every time we send an inquiry. Never any responses regarding any of the issues we want to discuss. To put thing in perspective: we are rated as 92.6% with a rate of above 90% perfect orders. Be AWARE: AMazon suspends the accounts only to hold the money they owe to the vendors without paying any interest. Amazon get paid by the customers right away, however they generate lots of cash by "suspending accounts and holding the funds for 60 days" which is more like 90 days if you count the 3-4 weeks they need t "review the account". Amazon is engaged in unfair business practices.

• Fe
    fedupwidththewholelot Jan 12, 2015

Amazon and eBay should be shut down. A lot of buyers are the ones ripping off merchants (just like shoplifting but through the mail).

• Sk
    Sky007 Jan 12, 2015

Our account has been closed only because we received 1 negative feedback regarding buyer did not receive his order even we offer a free replacement.
    We contacted amazon as least 5 times, showed the proof of postage, then the final response is we won't answer any more email from your company!
    This negative feedback is totally false, he opened a case regarding the order is not arrived, then we responded straight away asking for confirm delivery address, so we can send out the free replacement. Buyer didn't response and left a negative feedback says received incorrect item.
    I have sent 4 emails to amazon request to remove this false feedback, but all the response is NO!
    They charge us over £1000 fees every 2 weeks, even we only make £1000 profit, not considering we need to pay postage, stock and shipping cost from oversea!
    So what is the point to run a business on such a ridiculous platform, ripping seller off!
    When I request a call, never received one!

• Ki
    Kimberly Shackleford Oct 02, 2014

Amazon is a disgrace, they treat their sellers like dirt. My account of 3 years was suspended without cause. I had built a business that sustained me and my family. Amazon took that all away, they are beyond contempt. Kimberly

Mike123111 Sep 24, 2014

Yes, you just reminded me the same thing. I had an item with price $43, and several days ago it was sold for $39.95 at Amazon. At first, I thought that might be my hallucination with $43. I checked my inventory list table in my Amazon account and found this is the last one so that no record. But, I did have 2 same items in different name in my inventory list table, which is $43 each. I just could not believe that Amazon can change my price. I can not complain since no record.
    So, I realized that Amazon is not a good place for small sellers since it treats small sellers as trash. It charged very high fees to sellers. And I never won any cases against buyer abusing policy. I thought Amazon became more like a thief's place.
    On the other hand, I did won several dispute cases on eBay against buyer abuse recently. eBay people told me that they did not care sellers much before so that a lots of sellers ran away. Now they improved the seller protection policy a lot so that sellers started coming back.
    So, instead Amazon fire me, I fired Amazon first by closing all my listings on Amazon, and move them to eBay. I can not stand anymore for Amazon hurting me as seller and making money from me at the same time.

• De
    Den R Smith Sep 24, 2014

Response - Did they ever change your prices behind your back and not tell you? Or send a Notification... email and when someone bought your item you were shocked to find it way less than what you put up in the first place? They did that to me several times and I didn't get a profit from selling - I think that without the small businesses they will go under. Freelancers come and go and they don't have the stronghold on selling regularly. I hope amazon gets what's coming to them. Ebay is great! They have improved a lot and having no fees to sell without auctioning is a great turn around. This is where I do my business.

Mike123111 Sep 24, 2014

Instead of Amazon fire you as a seller, you can fire Amazon, too.
    I'm a small seller of websites, eBay, Craigslist.org and Amazon. I just closed all my 40 listings on Amazon today. And I put all these listings on eBay since too many policy abusing buyers on Amazon with its encouragement.
    In an additional, Amazon charged much higher fees to sellers than eBay. For some small items, I counted the total fees I paid to Amazon is around 25% or higher.
    Buyer can easily rob me with a $500 watch by the A-to-Z claim since Amazon told me the tracking # is not counted as evidence of delivery.
    If a buyer dislike your item without point out anything wrong, he can just fire A-to-Z claim to get full refund (including the shipping cost) at you cost for his playing.

Mike123111 Sep 24, 2014

Amazon is very rude to small business sellers. It encouraged buyers to abuse the buyer protection policy with so called A-to-Z Guarantee.
    So buyers can let seller pay shipping to check the product in hand and then return it with full refund by claiming the A-to-Z claim.
    Also, the tracking # on a shipping is not considered as proof of delivery. I had buyer who bought a $100 item from me, and after 40 days of receiving (showed on tracking #), he claimed that item is not received with A-to-Z claim. Amazon ripped all the money off my account to buyer even I did the appeal.
    On the other hand, eBay improved a lot to treat small seller better recently with against the policy abusing buyers.
    Amazon thought itself is big, and does not care those small sellers. Eventually, Amazon will go down with its mistake. Last quarter, Amazon has a flat earning. That reflect partially from its stupid seller policy. Not everyone is dying to sell on Amazon. People do have a lot of other options on living.

• De
    Den R Smith Sep 18, 2014

I have read every body's complaints and I share in every word. This happened to me just recently (all stated above) but I was only on there site selling for 3 weeks to a month and they suspended my account for bogus reasons. If I have to deal with Amazon for 8 hours/day then how is one supposed to fill orders and keep customer service to a 4-star rating. Even when I bought something on their site I was demanded that I leave a review. I don't give reviews for an item I bought... nobody cares what I buy so why should I lie about a product that I am personally interested? It seems their "scams" are current, considering the age of most of these complaints, and continuing on with new sellers. I hope someone shakes them down and put them out of business... in all the countries they are located in. My personal sympathies to those who have been taken by them and I hope that you recover from it all.

• Al
    Alicat0000 Sep 01, 2014

I was suspended from Amazon recently. I have emailed seller support numerous times and wrote my plan of action without a response. The reason for the suspension changed 3 times in 3 different emails from seller support. Originally, they asked me for a plan of action and gave me hope they would reinstate my selling benefits if I sent this plan of action. Of course, I wrote one immediately and went to work on fine-tuning my listings, as to search for any violations. This was hours of work for nothing! It seems they never intended to reinstate my selling privileges. Their latest message states they are closing my account. The reason is that I'm selling restricted products. Prior to that I was told my listings were in the wrong categories and I need to correct that. It seems to me that each person in seller support finds a different reason to deny my selling privileges. Meanwhile the $39.99 I paid for my store is only a small part of what I've lost. I've also lost my income and left with products I have purchased without a way to sell them.

• Al
    Alicen Sep 01, 2014

I recently had this same experience and it has been devastating to me financially. Each time I email them, I get a different reason for the suspension. At one point they asked me to write a plan of action. Then I got no response at all after I sent my plan of action. Finally, after waiting several days, I emailed them again and got a totally different response, saying I may be selling restricted items and they are closing my account. The original reason what that I listed things in the wrong categories.

I have spent many long hours creating an online store on amazon. I had over 1200 listings. Now I'm without a means to sell all the inventory I purchased. Plus I have lost my way to earn money.

Amazon charged me $39.99 for my online store plus a percentage of my sales. Yet, suddenly they say I can no longer sell my products. Whom do we contact for a resolution?

• Am
    amason-f-off Aug 23, 2014

Amazon ripped me off too!

They suspended my account without a single warning and held all my funds.
    They have no communication as exactly what you did wrong.
    They just give general reason "policy violation" and simply shut you down and shut their eyes, ears, and mouth.
    My first appeal email through their own "appeal" system ended up with wrong department. Which was pretty dumb to begin with.
    amazon do not tolerate single mistake or problem with sellers. Even if they made a mistake they will never admit to it.

If you are selling any item that amazon is selling and selling it even a penny cheaper they will suspend your account with what ever the reason they see fit and won't communicate at all with you.

amazon uses seller program to beef up their product variety to fill the need to have "A to Z" (all) products but as soon as they start to sell their own inventory, you are out. You are out without warning

Any sellers currently doing business are slaves of amazon with 15% fee and absolutey no person to person support.
    Sellers selling non-competing product is the only seller who will survive but their days are numbered as amazon expands their product line. If you are selling rock and they start to sell rock, you are out because you are eating into their profit!

DON'T SELL WHAT THEY SELL!!! IF YOU DO YOU ARE A TARGET!!!

• Fo
    Former Individual Seller on Amazon Oct 04, 2012

I agree. I have 0 negative comments. They are now holding $3100 for the next 31 days. They refuse to talk to me about the account review though I ask. In fact, they have emailed me and told me to stop asking as they will not provide any feedback. I had a person tell me not to sell on Amazon in advance but I thought they were exaggerating. I should have listened. Additionally almost every time they post when I will get paid prior to the suspension it never happened - there was always a reason to wait 2 additional weeks. If I pay someone 31 days after it was due I would have my credit report show a negative rating. This does have a financial consequence on sellers. I am choosing not to work with Amazon anymore. However, I have no faith that I am going to receive any funds soon.

• Ka
    KatieLovesCFC Aug 23, 2012

I was suspended and both times I questioned their reason, they gave me a completely different one, and then said they would not reinstate me. And like everyone else, claimed they would hold my money for 90 days. I am very interested in pursuing action against them. I need that money, and holding it two weeks is bad enough. They are the worst kind of corporate greed.

nomoreamazon Aug 11, 2012

I recently opened a new account because my previous account was suspended due to three order problems that happend when I was moving cross country. I put my HTC Wild Fire S cell phone on and it sold I had it sent off and once I got home to disperse the $75 dollars I made my account was froze with no warning prior due to me being related to someone I tried to appeal to let them know I couldn't meet orders because I was moving and trying to get settled in and before I had done fine fullfilling orders these people are controling and don't care they just love taking advantage of people and holding there hard earned money over there head i'll never sell through them again.

Not2bforgot10 Jun 05, 2012

Count me in, Amazon is absolutely corrupt. They are extremely unfair in flat-out unethical in terms of business practices. Both my partner and I have been suspended multiple times 100% unfairly. Customers flat-out lied (we even have pictures and documentation, which Amazon does not care about), and Amazon has given them their money back without them even returning the products! This has happened with HUNDREDS of dollars. They currently have $2, 000 of our money supposedly on "reserve" for 90 days. I would be happy to be a part of a class-action lawsuit. [email protected]

• Ba
    BackYardSales Jun 05, 2012

I'm for a new Amazon competitor!, spending hours in my own business to make a buck and survive is hard enough without places like Amazon promising the moon for sellers, then stabbing them in the back!

• Se
    Serjape May 07, 2012

Count me in. No violations, no negative feedback. Minding my own business and got an email letting me know my account is "under review" and funds would be unavailable until they say so. So I cancelled any pending orders notified my eager but understanding customers and emailed them that I would wait. They promptly suspended my account and held $ for 90 days. NO interest paid. Now, it is mandated that even utility company have to pay you interest on any deposits or held funds, why doesnt amazon?

• Jt
    JT Books Jan 12, 2011

Im on board. They just suspended my seller account for no reason and are withholding our money for 90 days. We have never even had one complaint. First I want to say everyone should stop using there name in blogs. All it does is drive there company on the top of search engines. Next we need to start a new company that can compete with them. It will take some time but can be done. With there practices and polices the will surely fail.

• At
    atozguy Dec 21, 2010

I recently bought a game package bundle including a game and a remote on Amazon. Seeing that other sellers posted the game without the remote and describe it that way, I did the same at a lower price. My exact phrasing was "Flingsmash game disc only shrinkwrapped". The buyer contacts me two days after he received it asking if there was a controller, I replied there wasn't. He replied demanding a full refund, I replied that I had described it accurately never acknowledging my description that was posted when he bought it and on his printed invoice. He files an A-Z claim that I had not described the item accurately. Amazon sends out a bot letter saying the funds will be deducted from my account. I seriously doubt they even looked at my reply to the buyers claim, or seven subsequent replies to them directly. I now have a full hold of their cost, and my five dollars shipping expense, as well as I have no brand new game disc. It seems the buyers have an unfair opportunity for fraud, maybe if I were a dishonest person I would try and get free stuff that way too.

• Dt
    dTeChic Sep 28, 2010

I agree that this would not be a frivolous lawsuit due to the mere fact that this is a private company. For one thing, Amazon does not appear to have a policy like EBay where they actually INVESTIGATE the negative feedbacks. They don't seem to care about if the negative feedback is TRUE...all they care about is that someone left negative feedback. You know, when we shipped thousands of orders, but had three negative feedbacks out of 22 FIVE STAR feedbacks (two of the negative feedbacks were from the SAME customer, and we can prove they were untrue), which left us with just over 1% negative feedback rating and took us to a 4 of 5 star rating...and they suspended our account! Granted, it's not like we didn't try to appease the two negative customers. One even filed an A to Z claim, which Amazon denied since the customer clearly wanted both a refund AND to keep the product! LOL! Worst yet, Amazon asked me to submit a plan to improve our order defect rate (ODR), which we did submit in several appeals (and in fairness to Amazon, I think was a good idea)...yet to date we have received no response to our appeal and our account is still blocked. Just FYI...we have maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) for over a decade, so it's not like we're even remotely an unethical business.

The irony of all this is...just check the Better Business Bureau's list of complaints against Amazon from other sellers like us. Amazon has a HUGE list of negative feedback from seller slike us. So it's more a case of Amazon running its business with the philosophy, "Do as we say and not as we do." LOL!

Even though Amazon is a private business, when you get as large as they have, and are affiliating numerous small businesses (which are the very foothold of the American economy), then the government or Attorney General or some type of oversight organization or legal entity has to consider that Amazon is no longer JUST a private business. It has pretty much risen to the scope of the "too big to fail" since its actions (or inactions) can probably negatively impact the US economy. It could almost be deemed monopolistic or at the very least on the verge of unfair trade. Even if it turns out that we can't address this legally, I think we could probably band together to address this publicly (i.e via the web and news medias like CNN, Fox News, Steven Colbert, etc.). Maybe we could even contact Anderson Cooper for the “Keeping Them Honest” segment. I think negative publicity about Amazon's unfair practices could at the very least affect their business (by aiming at decreasing customer sales and decreasing sellers currently operating on Amazon and even warn prospective sellers). We could even try for boycotts on the part of buyers and sellers. I bet you we are a very small representation of Amazon's disgruntled sellers.

Another option is to try to create a new Amazon type website to compete with Amazon, because I believe we could form some alliances to take on their size and scope, and compete against them purely on the merits of running our business in a more user friendly and customer-service oriented manner. If we marketed it correctly, I think we could prevail.

So if we get organized and think strategically, I think we could either impact Amazon’s negative and unfair practices or we could try to form a competing business. We just have to be sure to maintain our reputation by keep our arguments fair-minded, rational, and logical. So who’s in this with me? If you agree, then let’s quit griping and start planning. I own a business and I work a LOT of hours. So while I’d be happy to help organize and strategize, we need to get a competent team together of people who have either the time, experience; and/or expertise in things like web design, business law, marketing/PR, business management, etc.; and/or connections with any media outlets. Then once we see what type of response we get from people who are truly ready to take ACTION on this (and not just sit around blowing a lot of hot air), then we’ll all put our heads together and set a plan of action based on the skill sets of the team. Sound like a plan?
    So for now, just post if you’re willing to join the team, and what your skill set is (i.e. web design, business law, marketing/PR, business management, organizer, worker bee, or other relevant skill set), and how you’d like to help, and then we’ll see what kind of response we get posted on this blog. If we get a lot of response, then maybe we can set up a website and email and get this all organized to take action.

Remember...there's power in NUMBERS, so show me we're getting enough response, and then we'll show you that power of numbers in the form of ACTION! I’m crossing my fingers that we get enough response to make this worthwhile!

• Sn
    snaffle Aug 17, 2010

I too have been unfairly suspended by Amazon out of the blue. I received one neutral feedback from a customer for the item being in bubble wrap (OF WHICH THE CUSTOMER WAS WELL-INFORMED OF BEFORE THE PURCHASE) and I had to canceled 3 orders as the item was discontinued and thus non retail-able, and they have permanently suspended my account.

I have sent them many lengthy e-mails, called them several times, and all for nothing. Customer service told me to e-mail them directly, which I did three times, and to which their response was "Do not send anymore e-mails regarding the blockage of your seller account, those received will be deleted and go unanswered." To top it off, they are holding my $2, 500 for 90 days. Thank goodness I removed nearly 10k from my account the week before, or they would've had that too. I am furious and extremely frustrated by the situation.

• Ln
    Lnlstore Aug 12, 2010

My family and I are the latest victims of this ridiculous heinous treatment. We'll gladly join this petition. 100% feedback . Cancelled this morning.

• Mj
    MJP1966 Jun 28, 2010

Amazon is a garbage, scamming corporation.

Like many of the others, I had great feedback, absolutely ZERO complaints, absolutely ZERO returns and was suspended out of the blue with the same: "We took this action because it has come to our attention that this account is related to an account which has been previously blocked for violations of our policies."

Attempts to respond by email/phone led nowhere, and they held my account balance for 90 full days.

My only guess as to what happened is that I bought some books for resale from a previously blocked seller, and they evidently have software which can assess that you have more than a certain # of the same books that the blocked seller listed.

So evidently we are supposed to somehow know that when you legally buy items for resale that the seller may have at some point in the past been blocked.

It's utterly absurd.

Like buying a used car and being held responsible for a speeding ticket the previous owner got while driving it four years ago.

Amazon sucks. End of story.

• Everyone, please take urgent and aggressive action by sharing your story on sites like [redacted].com Try to find or lets establish an online petition for a class action lawsuit. Make sure you share your story of your facebook page that has the most fans to ensure the word of mouth has maximum reach to all the viewers and readers.

• Amen to Amazon.com being a corrupt organization. I will take pleasure in joining you for a class action lawsuit. I did not get your email contact from your post but mine is [email protected] Yesterday marked the 90th day Amazon.com said they were going to pay me my $760 they have stolen from the product I sold and have not heard back from them. How in the world can they legally get away with this? I had a 100% customer satisfaction rating with great communication with customers. Good job everyone of publicizing all of your experiences of being ripped off from Amazon.com. Now everyone can see this is a consistent pattern of behavior of this organization's and not just an isolated incident. Lets continue to spread the word and boycott buying from that site. What are the doing to help small businesses? Nothing... If the seller is really doing a poor job the customer reviews would eliminate him from selling. `