Complaints & Reviews

I am still out $19.99!

I signed up for a "free credit check" so I could complete a job application. A month later I noticed a charge...

Double Billing

I applied for monthly credit report from CREDITREPORT.COM [protected] CA . For the past months, I have been double billed each month. The latest bills are stated below.

12/11/09 12/13/09 CREDITREPORT.COM [protected] CA $12.95
12/16/09 12/17/09 CREDITREPORT.COM [protected] CA $12.95

I would like to discontinue my application for reports from today December 22 2009 and I am asking for the refund for the extra bills I have paid for all the months for which I was double billed.

Samuel Adiku

• Ca
    cameron816 Jan 08, 2010

Suddenly I had a charge for "CREDITREPORT.COM 866-8833309 CA" on my December 2009 credit card statement. I have never gone on any of these fraudulent sites and to get stiffed for some sort of "free" credit report. I know their game. I called the number 1-866-883-3309 and was on hold for 27 mins. They cannot find an account for me based on my social security number. So I ask for a refund. Couldn't give one if I don't have an account, they say. They told me to take it up with my credit card fraud dept. These people need to be taken down by gov. investigation. How can a company who is to be a watch dog for your credit, fraudulently charge to arbitrary credit card accounts? Speaks volumes what a sham they are.

• De
    dejackson2157 Feb 24, 2010

I have no earthly idea about how this company got access to my credit card information. I have not requested a credit report.

• Jf
    jfrerichs Dec 18, 2010

The same thing is happening to me. I cant find contact info.

Resolved wanting a refund

I wish too have a refund that I was told I could have for $14.95 I asked too close the account but did not realise I had been billed. I was debited 12--02 my card number is [protected] ex date 11/12.your number is I think is an account number.[protected] CAUS.
THANKYOU. e

Erica12 Jan 03, 2012

Edmundo, I signed up for a free 7 day trial with creditreport.com and about 10 days later, I called them and cancelled my membership. Nevertheless, they continued to charge my debit card and there were 3 unauthorized billings for $14.95 for two months after that. However, I called my bank and they have restored the money in my account.

Initially, I called the merchant and asked for a refund for the 3 unauthorized billings. They refused to refund me and said that I actually authroized the billings, which was completely untrue. So, I called my bank''s customer service department to report unauthorized charges on my debit card and to dispute the charges. The bank filed a cliam, asked me about the transactions, contacted the merchant, credited my account for the 3 billings and said they would restore the money from the merchant.
    Also, this is a friendly advice, I would not post my credit card information and account number online and would be carefil to use them only for purchases on secure websites or not provide them at all when buying something and use paypal.

Resolved taking more then sopost to

was only so post to be charged 1.00 for a report and given 30 days to canceal the reports and its not been 5 days yet. i want my 14.95 back on my account now. the back will stop payment at your expense and will file a fraud charge againist you

Resolved unauthorized charges

an absolute rip off, i cancelled during the trial period and i was still charged 12.95 after a month.

i will never use them again

• Tw
    twins2010! Mar 16, 2010

Very angry about this. I checked my debit card balance a couple days ago to find a $14.95 charge from CREDITREPORT.COM. I NEVER signed up on this website, I did sign up on FREECREDITREPORT.COM a month ago or so, but cancelled after the free trial was up, and haven't had a charge from them at all. I e-mail the CREDITREPORT.COM and told them what was going on only to tell me to call the Support Line during business hours. This is absolutely ridiculous! Is there a way to get refunded? I will call the number with a piece of my mind, but what should I expect? Thank you for any help!

• Ha
    hallcaroler Jan 01, 2011

In a period of ten days I have been charged for three months of service. I've made numerous attempts to cancel service and have been led in a circle each time. They tell me account is cancelled but refuse to send confirmation and they continue billing charges. Once they have your credit card number, Look Out.

• Qu
    Quickenbegone Jan 02, 2011

I agree with the comment to close down the card since once the predatory thing happens the company will do nothing to stop it. Business in America has really changed, and we no longer have companies that we can trust. Good companies are still out there yet they are now are dying institutions. Big companies are cannibalizing the smaller companies to quench its GREEDINESS. Laws are in place that allows criminal activity in the public domain – the result of picking the wrong people to go to Washington. The people we elect pass the unfair laws we are now suffering with – so voting is a part of making this right. This is neither a Democrat nor Republican issue – it is a voter issue. Be wary of anything that has the word credit attached. I had a similar experience with Global Fit, where as a part of the company I used this business to give me a discount. They made everything clear how to get them to close the account down and when I did all the actions they said to do they did not close the account down. I tried everything, and wound up contacting the head of HR for a national company to finally get them to close the account down. It was also suggested that I close the credit card account down that they were attached to which I did. So after months of taking payments I finally was able to stop the process. They owed me money and they agreed to pay me back and guess how they wanted to pay me? That's right, with my new credit card so they can attach themselves to my account once again. I responded, "Send a check."

• Fr
    frenchlopluv Jan 23, 2011

I found a charge on my credit card statement for creditreport.com. I use a service that is billed on a different card so I knew the charge was fraudulent. I called the phone number listed on the credit card statement.

I was asked for my cc#, my name, my birth date, the last four of my social security number. I protested giving them this information. I was treated very rudely by the person answering the phone, and told "If you call your credit card company, they are going to have you call back to talk to me. You'll have to give me the information then. I need the information to be sure that you were scammed."

I expressed that I was calling my credit card company to cancel the number instead. "Canceling the card will not make a difference, we can still continue to charge the card the monthly fee of 19.95 since it was authorized."

I finally gave him the last four digits of my SS#. I was told "Yep, that's not the last four listed, it's fraud. I'll transfer you to the fraud department." (What if it HAD been the correct last four digits, would they have refused to cancel??) I got ahold of the person at the fraud department. She demanded an email address to "verify who I was".

I told her I did not sign up, I did not GIVE you my email address, I use several email addresses, several that are ONLY for companies that will generate future spam, I can't VERIFY the email address you have on file as I did not even GIVE it to you in the first place. She got nasty. "If you don't give me an email address, I can't continue this claim."

I rattled off a random spam catching email for her, she was happy. She said "This was fraud, not your ss# listed." (Duh, thanks, I knew I had not signed up.) I asked her "So basically, someone can sign up using my name, cc# and THEIR ss# and get a report?" She replied, "Oh, it looks as if they never even generated a report."

Great, so someone logged on the website, gave my name and cc#, theirs or a bogus ss#, then logged off, leaving ME charged over $65 in fees, that were set to continue until I called to cancel the subscription. It makes me wonder if CreditReport.com has people stealing CC#'s for them. Just think how much money they can make before a person realizes it. Be warned.

JakeScott2 Mar 22, 2011

This company began charging my credit card on a monthly basis for services I never ordered. I called to try and correct the situation but they were rude and refused to stop the charges or refund the past charges. I had to change my credit card. What a hassle.

Erica12 Dec 18, 2011

I have exactly the same issue, only I signed up on FreeCreditScore.com and cancelled after the free trial. However, I got two $14.95 billings by CreditReport.com on my debit card and I do not think I ever signed up with their website. They seem to be affiliated with FreeCreditScore.com and claim I signed for their website online, which I am sure I did not, because I would keep a record for myself so as to call them later and cancel. I reported CreditReport.com to Better Business Bureau today and will be waiting for a response. In the meantime, I will call my bank first thing on Monday and ask them to remove unauthorized charges.

Erica12 Dec 18, 2011

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, because they charged me two times $14.95 and I never signed up for their website. They claim I signed up online for a free trial and did not cancel, which is not true. I will also call my bank to ask them to remove the unauthorized billings.

• L
    L Jun 03, 2016

I was charged 11.95 for additional monthly service charges to my credit card after ordering a one-time credit report. I called to have them reverse charges but they would not. They said in fine print, that once you order the report you are automatically signed up for a 30 day free trial, and if you don't cancel the service you will be charged monthly. Of course the person on the phone was hard to understand because they probably resource their reps out of the US. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE! IT'S HORRIBLE. Use Annualreport.com, which uses the 3 nationwide companies.

Angie Reno Jun 03, 2016

Ditto on this complaint! I am filing an official complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, but have to ask: does anyone legislate this type of activity? Are any bills being sponsored to our House of Representatives or Senate to curtail this activity, and get this types of organizations under control? I'd like to know, as I have full documentation on a case where this company ignores requests to cancels...and keeps on charging!

Mandy Jun 03, 2016

It clearly states in order to get the "free" credit report that you must enroll in the credit protection program. You are allowed 1 free report per year. Next time Google up free credit reports and it will take you to a site that is actually free... but only 1 time per year!!

Resolved False charges, difficulty in removing

This company charged my Visa card for three separate November 19 transactions, at $12.95 apiece, each identified as MNI CREDITRPT MNTR SVC. I had never authorized such a service, and when I telephoned them they said they had no account in my name. They further told me that the three charges, all to my Visa card number, was for three other names (none of them mine). They said to resolve it I would have to call their Fraud Department. When I did that, the person I spoke to said I would have to send him a copy of the credit card statement to prove I was the real card holder. So I did, by e-mail, requesting an immediate reply. I have not yet heard anything from them. The whole process, beginning with the fraudulent charges, makes me very suspicious. I have cancelled the credit card. I wonder just what kind of an operation this place is.

Erica12 Jan 03, 2012

Ron, I had the same problem and I called the customer service department at my bank to report and dispute the unauthorized charges and the bank restored the money in my account. They asked me about the transactions, contacted the merchant and will get the money from them.

took money out my acct. w/o me knowing

i applyed for a loan on line now the credit report.com has taken 29.98 plus 25.00 overdraft ive tryed to call...

Fraud and scam!

I canceled my free 30 day trial of credit monitoring with creditreport.com within the trial period. Actually, within a day of the trial. I decided to go with truecredit instead. 30 days later, I was charged $11.95. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, it took forever on hold, he was rude and called me a liar. He refused to reverse the charges unless i could prove that i did in fact cancel. He wanted a confirmation number that i was never given. I have my cell phone record of the call which they would not accept.

Beware!!!

• Cr
    crystal Apr 22, 2008

creditreport.com sucks i also went on there site to view my credit report and cancled it 1hr later now Im being charged 11.95 one month later but in my case i have been charged 4 times now 1 time for $29.00, $14.95 an $1.00

• Al
    Allie W. Mohle, Jr. May 13, 2008

I do not believe that I subscribed to your report. I want to definitely cancel any possible agreement now. Please let me receive a confirmation.

• Br
    Brandon Jun 05, 2008

They are a terrible company, they signed me up with an automatic service that I did not want. I tried to cancel and get my money back but they have a no refund policy. I complained to the FTC and advise you and anyone else who has trouble with them to do the same.

• Sh
    shelli Jun 10, 2008

Found 29.95 charged twice within 1 day on bank statement. Found 1.00 charged twice within 1 day on bank statement. Found 11.95 and typed in and this is the only sight i can find for this co. I don't know how the charges appeared. Feel free to contact me. This is a shame.

• Tr
    troy Jun 21, 2008

this company is the biggest scam ever. DO NOT USE THEM !!! they took ove $60.00 from me in 2 weeks for one report. by far the worst E company I have ever delt with. SCAM SCAM SCAM.

John Jul 19, 2008

they did the same thing to me: this is a HUGE scam. Do NOT USE these jerks for credit services! creditreport.com=major scam

• Do
    Don Mar 17, 2009

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! A major scam operation is an understatement in my opinion. I found that I was being charged a monthly fee when I originally signed up for a one time service, and then had to make three "very long and heated" phone calls to finally have my service cancelled. AGAIN, STAY AWAY, this company uses extremely bad business practices.

Fraud business practices!

It goes a little something like this. I ordered a free credit report which I knew came with a trial...