Credit Report America / credit report

Posted:   User
Iowa
CreditReportAmerica.com
I went to this site and it was suppose to be for a free credit report. When I received my next bank statement I had two different charges on it. One for fraud protection and the other for Idenity Theft Protection.
Also I was charged $1.00 for my credit reports.
Complaint comments Comments (48) Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges

More Credit Report America Complaints & Reviews

Plus Credit Report America - Rip off [1]
Plus Credit Report America - scam [4]

Comments

N   user  Agree Disagree 0 Votes

Credit Report America - They have fraudulently run my credit card twice after they clearly state that they will not do this
creditreportamerica.com

Thought I was getting my credit report for a dollar. I didn't. Plus now i can't cancel my membership. The online help and phone numbers are bogus.
N   user  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Filled out info to order credit score report for $1.00. As far as I know I did not sign up for how to boost my credit rating. It is now excellent and would have no use for this. My credit card was charged $11.95 and I believe this is a monthly charge. Did not get any info how to opt out of program. An 800 is provided but is a recording and gets me nowhere. The 800 number comes back to Nevada. Filed a BBB complaint and found the co is located in Wichita, ks. Fortunately, my credit card co agreed to credit my account for $11.95. I was informed if the charge appears on my next statement to contact them and they will again credit. Maybe if the charges are sent back often enough they will get the hint. COMPLETE RIPOFF!!!
A   User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I am also a victim of this company. I never got a report from them by mail, and they charged my Visa credit card for $1.00 plus additional $11.95 and $4.95 for fraud protection (from them I guess?). I never agreed to any additional charges. I did cancel within 24 hours by talking to their "live-help" but apparently that does not work. They do not have a phone number where to call and talk to anyone live. I am refuting all these charges and Visa has agreed to remove them from my bill and notify the company. They have 45 days to respond. I found an e-mail address for them from another victim and wrote them another cancellation letter. Meanwhile I plan to write to the BBB and our State Attorney-General to try to protect others from these unethical companies.

Credit Report America - Unauthorized Debit Charges
N/A
N/A
Nevada
Phone: 1-800-712-7224
CreditReportAmerica.com

I did visit this site...then backed out. I guess they got my Debit card number by then.
Now they've taken $23.90 for 2 months from my account.
I don't want this service and did NOT see an opt out option on the website.
I want them to refund my money and stop taking any more from me.
I live on Social Security Disability and have a very limited income!!!

I just want them to go away and leave me alone!!!

Credit Report America - charged my card without permission
Credit Report America

My complaint is that I went on the internet to obtain a free credit report, then still had to give my credit card # for a $1.00 fee to process the information. Since then, I have had 2 charges for $4.95 each charged to my credit card without my permission. Please remove the charges immediately and do no incure any further charges on my accout. Thank you, Mary Jo & Ronald Fazulak from e-mail address rrpools@sbcglobal.net
N   User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
You do not have to provide anything to get your FREE CREDIT REPORT from the CORRECT WEBSITE annualcreditreport.com
www.ftc.gov is where to find it.

You went to a site that sells credit monitoring services and that is what they are charging you for - you failed to pay attention and you ASSUMED it was the correct location.

ASKING FOR CREDIT CARD should have been the red flag that you were on the wrong site.
A   User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I went through a similar situation with Credit Report America. I had responded to a local job listing in my area via email and was told that they needed my credit report for insurance purposes because I would be driving a company car. I was told to use Credit Report America because "it's a trusted site used in the past" so I used it. I never received a credit report and was charged $11.95 a week later. Turns out the job listing was a fake. I have since contacted Credit Report America to get my money back as well as my bank to cancel the card to insure I don't receive further charges. I have also been in contact with the Better Business Bureau for my area and was informed that there is no known physical address for the company and therefore no complaint could be pursued. It appears they are located somewhere in Canada. The BBB advised me to go to IC3.gov and file a complaint with them. They are an internet crime site with the FBI and some other law enforcement. I highly recommend that anyone that has been a victim of Credit Report America go to IC3 and file a complaint. Hopefully if we all work together they will be taken down. I am thankful that I only lost a small amount of money to them and hope that my actions will help prevent others from being scammed.
A   User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Does somebody have the tel.# of credit report america?
They are charging me without my consent.
What is happening with the consumer protection agency?
Why the general attorney haven't take any action?
A   User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I too just went through this same thing with credit report america. I thought I was getting a credit report for $1 like everyone else. When I completed the forms and it sent me to some other website, and had me running in circles only to never get my credit report, I tried to cancel but couldnt get through. I finally got through once i noticed a mystery charge of $7.95 on my card and called my cc company. They gave me a number for credit report of america. (18007122224) and i was able to cancel that before they charged me, but they didnt charge my card yet. Come to find out that in the terms and conditions it signed me up for two "bonus" programs, that i had no knowledge of without scrutinizing the terms and conditions. They reserve the right to change their terms and conditions at any time to cover their butts in scamming people. The # for "fraud protection", which is one of the bonus programs is 1-800-712-2226, and the number for Identity theft is 1-866-351-8557, or 1-877-205-7023. Make sure you read your terms and conditions so they get you too.

Credit Report America - Unaurhtorized Charges
Credit Report America

Credit Report America offered free credit report with a one time fee of one dollar ($1.00) and you can cancel anytime within 7 days or else you would be charged $29.95. I recieved my credit report on line. A few hours later I called and requested to have my account cancelled. Was told they would be happy to help me out with this. Looked up my account. Told me that it has now been cancelled. Low and behold up pops a withdrawal from my checking account for the $29.95. How do you know who to trust anymore? I will be cancelling my account with my bank and drafting a letter to my Attorney General. May stop them from ripping off other people, somehow through "I douby it"
D   User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I did the 1.00 credit report and I called to cancel the first day- a 800 number. Then they tried to charge me for fraud membership. Then they tried to charge me for identity theft charges. Don't choose this company because it is a scam to draw you in and take your money. They want you to call three different numbers to
cancel all three of these things you get yourself into unknowlingly.

California
creditreportamerica.com

Claim for $1.00 you'll get your credit report then charged $29.95! No cancellation on-line available and the phone number doesn't answer the first time, second time left a message without return call. This is a huge scam and rip-off. Don't use Credit Report America! Go through your bank.

Credit Report America - false advertising
credit report america

Well,
I found a house online at craigslist. I wrote the the e-mail address listed.
And this is the response I got

The house in Corvallis, OR is just off of NW Arrowood Circle is located just off of Egyptian Dr and is available now. I do not give out the exact address of rental properties before being able to show them because last time I did that the house was vandalized. The water, trash, garbage and lawn care are paid for by me. Pets are fine as long as they don't tear up the property. The house has an attached 2 car garage and a fenced in back yard. It is not 'rent to own', only for lease at this time. I will be happy to show the house at an agreed upon time and date however I do require that everyone that would be on the lease complete a credit history report to ensure their eligibility. I don't live in the area and have to drive a few hours each time to show it. I simply can't do this every time without being sure the interested party is even eligible to rent from me.
Please visit the following URL to complete the credit report : http://www.credithistoryreference.com
The credit report site I use usually has a free trial period where you can cancel within a certain period of time and not be charged anything for the report. If you have no need of their services in the future, feel free to cancel after a few days. Also, just to clarify things, checking your own credit will not hurt your FICO score. Let me know when this is done and we can then work out the time and date to go see the house.
I am only given your name, email address and whether you have had any evictions in the past five years. The URL is a reference link so the agency I use knows where the applications are from. They filter out the info I've requested and send me back weekly reports with names, email addresses and any relevant information. I then use software to match up email addresses with responses in my inbox. This allows me to know who the report was from. Of course you are more than welcome to use your own methods to obtain your credit report. However it does takes a lot longer for me to go through them myself. I just find it easier to use the site because it allows you to get your report for free and speeds up the process to go see the house.

***credithistoryreference redirects to Credit Report America.

I wrote him back with the link to this site, needless to say, I havent heard back from him yet.
N   User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I have seen this as well, but the guy uses this site as part of his application process. I did the report and about 2 weeks later was contacted by him to do a walk through on the house. I had already found a place by then, but the guy seemed legit on the phone.

Credit Report America - Unauthorized charges
creditreportamerica.com

I found an ad on Craigslist for a condo for rent. I wrote the poster of the ad and he wrote back under the name of Eric Johnson of Equal Opportunity Rentals and instructed me to print out the attached rental application and obtain a credit report. In his email he gave me a link for a website that offers free credit reports. So I went to the website thinking it was ligament because there were other ads on Craigslist that also led you to that website. The website claimed to offer a 3-day free trial of their services. I entered in all my personal information and credit card information. Even though they charged me 2.95 for the FREE trial I still accepted.

After getting a receipt for the charge of 2.95 that sent me through a bunch of other steps to actually get my credit report. What I finally did see was a list debts, a list of people who checked my credit, and no credit score. I then checked my account the next day to discover that I had been charged a 29.95 membership fee pending on my account. How they can justify doing this is beyond me because they told me it was a free 3-day trail and it had been less than 24 hours. I then found a phone number in the email they had sent me and called it up and spoke to a women who said that my account had not been charged yet it was just pending. Pending is just as good as gone because I can't use it. I told her I wanted to cancel my membership and she said OK and gave me a cancellation number. I asked when the money would returned to my account. She said SOON. I am still waiting. What worries me the most is that I gave them all my personal information and I know nothing about this so called company. Their website offers no company information only a phone number. I only hope I am not another victim of identity theft. The poster of the ad never responded to any of my emails after that. All this because I was looking for an apartment.
A   User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Same here, they charged an additional 29 dollars... Its in the fine print, it says if you don't cancel your membership within three days you get charged this amount. On the website they make it seem like that is a pending fee that will disapeer after a few days... so I waited and nothing happened. Basically it is a trick.

Don't trust these people with any of your information
N   User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Thought I was getting a credit report for $1 turns out that they continue billing me and charging my card!
N   User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
This company offerred a free credit report with a one time fee of $1.00. I have been charge for something I had never received. Now they are taken money out of my account every month. I do not want this service and I did not see an opt-out potion on the website. I need them to refund my money and stop future charges.
A   User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I also saw a too-good-to-be-true ad on craigslist for a low-priced rental. I thought it was strange that there was no phone number, only a link, to reply to the ad. But I replied, and, instead of getting a phone call, I got an email reply from "Eric Johnson", with applications to fill out. Nothing about seeing the rental first, so I was suspicious and did not even open the files. Now I see the complaint here and am glad it was posted.

Never give out personal info so readily; there are too many people out there scamming us. Any legitimate property management company will show the property before getting into applications and credit checks.

credit report america
Indiana

I was charged for a service that I never requested on my bank account. And I want this taken off and my money put back into my account.

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree