Craftsman.comStay away

L

Hello, I have a Craftsman 10" Table Saw model number 137.248830. This saw cost me about $180. I bought it to do some work on my old house, since then it has been in storage. I have always had trouble with this saw making square cuts and so I decided to try to align it so that I can use it for wood projects.

I have followed the alignment procedure in the manual and it turns out that this saw is sooo far out of alignment that the alignment screws won't turn far enough to align the saw blade and there seems to be no way to adjust it further. It seems to me that the dentition of a table saw is a device that cuts wood squarely. This unit is an utter failure since it is incapable of performing even the most basic job called upon a table saw.

I have tried to get help from Sears but they referred me to another number for repairs who told me I would have to pay them at least $90.00 for a technician, which is half the price of the saw. This repair line isn't even with Sears, but is an outsourced company. I asked them if they at least have a customer support/technician number so I can talk to someone on the phone regarding this. They said 'no' and referred me to a website that only has manuals and doesn't answer technical questions.

I think there should be a new definition for Craftsman: tools that are completely incapable of doing the job made by a company that just doesn't care.