Cpt. George AndersonRomance scammer

M

I was duped by this guy big time. It all began in April following the breakup. This imposter started off slowly and shared with me his attraction to me and how he was in Iraq, the single parent of two children living in Texas with his mother. I found his story kind of odd because he had no logical explanation as to why his children were with his mother and not with his ex-wife. Then he told me about this satellite phone in order to talk with me. When he forwarded me the link I noticed that it came with a 750 fee. I told him that I wouldn't pay, but a part of me was curious as to getting to know him better so I went a long with it for $400. In the back of my mind I was hoping that this was a scam but I was willing to take that gamble to find out. The next thing that arrived was a flower delivery which included a dozen and a half roses, a teddy bear and candy. Little by little I was hooked. However when he started to talk about this transit application in order to leave Iraq and that there was this refundable money clause I began to become even more suspicious. His alleged Colonel, Chris Holfman wrote to me and forwarded to the transit application. It looked bogus. I brought all the emails, pictures, and false documents to the police. It was proven to be false. In the meantime I decided to keep up the ruse because I wanted to obtain even more information about this scam. I found out that his agent Margaret Lefoy Hutchins has a facebook page. I emailed her and she gave me the same story about the transit application. Allegedly he sent me a money order for 280 K which took me by surprise but it never arrived. I believe it was to help build my confidence so that I would feel comfortable with sending the agent 10K. He also made up this fake military ID and Passport picture which was also false. I could tell there were issues with his English, a baseball cap was a face cap, and there were also red flags when it came to idiomatic expressions and those poems which were easily traceable on the net. Anyways I am so grateful that your site exists. I wish I had known about this from the beginning I could have avoided a lot of my pain.