CPS Securityfraudulent collection

M

Just an FYI to those who receive a notice from CPS Security, San Anotonio, TX regarding checks that have been returned from retailers. I called Walgreens this morning 7/3/17, after they phished my 87 year old Mother by mail regarding a check that was declined by the bank. They have the check number, the correct date of the check, and the amount of the check. The check cleared the bank. I can only assume they have the ABA numbers from the check, as they have her home address. Walgreens told me that company was doing the same thing and stopped in 2015. They are back at it again. I will be going to the bank this afternoon, the day before the 4th, to open a new account in my Mom's name, transfer all but $100 of her money into it. Once I have her social security and other auto deposits squared away to the new account. I will close the account. F'ing [censor] preying on the elderly.