Posted:

fraudulent company

countrywide.com
I just realized today that I have not received a bill from Countrywide in the past two months. I immediately called to see if I just lost my mind or what. They insisted that they had sent the bills to the proper address. I immediately made a double payment by phone and was charged a late payment for February. I argued that we have made all our payments on time since 2017.

I told them that I rely on receiving the bill as I not only do my personal bills, I do my fiance's personal bills and I am a bookkeeper for his company, and I have my own business. I process a lot of checks each month. They told me that the paper bill that we receive every month is just a courtesy and that they don't have to send the bill by mail, that I could go online and see everything there. My God, what if I didn't have a computer or I didn't know how to use one? I just hope now, that they haven't messed with our credit by making a report to the credit bureau. If I find out that they did that I will go to every length possible to ruin them. I believe this is how they are making money, if they pull this every once in awhile to a couple thousand people then they can get away with it. They have a very cocky attitude about it too, as if it was all my fault that I never received the bill. I am responsible for paying six mortgages every month, if I don't get the paper I'm screwed.
Complaint comments Comments (59) Complaint country United States Complaint category Mortgage Companies

Comments

N     0 Votes

Countrywide Home Loans - fraud and deceptive business practices!

Countrywide had my credit card info on a Master Card that was to be paid off.They used that information to bill me $300.00 for an upfront processing fee without my knowledge or consent. I had given the credit card information to Tony Kwong for a payoff. When I called that office in Roseville,California Mr. Shores said he would have it credited unless I wanted to go forward with the loan,in which case they would credit it on the loan itself. So, here I am paying interest for a couple of weeks on $300.00 that should have never been charged on my Master card in the first place. My paperwork did reflect the $300.0 discount as Mr Shores stated that they would do. That was only after I told him I was reporting fraud on the part of Countrywide. Then when the notary arrived with my paperwork there was a pre payment penalty attached to the loan,one that lasts for 5 years.I was never told about this pre payment penalty even though I was in contact with 3 different people at Countrywide in Roseville.J.D.Powers and Associates may rate Countrywide aS #1 in Customer Satisfaction but I personally don't see how. I have dealt with numerous Mortgage companies and banks when seeking a real estate loan and Countrywide has been the only one to be deceitful and to try and get away with an act of fraud.
N     0 Votes
Please is there anybody that has a home loan with country wide having problems trying to keep their home? even had to be forced to filing chapter 13? if so please post on here!
N     0 Votes

Countrywide Home Loans - poor service!

I pray no one else is having the problems we are with countrywide home loans. They are saying we are 2 months behind and that we owe 1,300.00 by november 7th or they will take action to foreclose on us. We are current and have been. When you call them you get a different person and each one tells something different or they transfer you until you get tired and hang up. I have already wrote our attorney general for our state and i would advise everyone to go online find the address for your own state attorney general office and write them the consumer protection agency is now involved trying to help us please write them. So far they have been very nice and constantly keep us informed by mail. Just give them time to reply to you. Don't let countrywide get by with this. they are crooked we are even thinking of filing a lawsuit don't get frustrated and give in. Good luck to everyone and if you write your attorney general tell them in detail everything i did it was about 3 pages long and somebody read it!

Beware!
A     0 Votes
Be careful, Even if you have canceled checks or any proof of payments from a place such as Western Union, THEY DO NOT APPLY THEM. Call Countrywide customer service line and ask them to fax you a copy of ALL of your payments from the time you originated your loan to currently. I just received mine today and they have not applied 7 payments. I did hire a lawyer and have been fighting with them since 2017. They actually sold our home and we found out 5 days later that it was sold. We did not even know it was in foreclosure! Ha Good Ol' Countrywide. Our final court date in November 1st... yes 2 days away, where the fate of our home lies in a judges hand, hopefully he makes the correct decision.

I recommend that you record EVERY conversation the name and time and the duration of the call, EVERY TIME you call them, keep ALL the papers they send to you! hiring a lawyer is most likely what you should end up doing to protect yourself. The better records you keep the more you will have on them. Best of luck to you.
A     0 Votes
We are fighting them now. They didn't post our payments and put our house into foreclosure. We are thinking about a lawsuit. We are worried about how it will affect our credit. Please let me know how things go for you in court I'm sure I'll be there soon...
D     0 Votes
The same thing happened to me. We had fallen behind on payments and sent in all the paperwork which had been sent to me twice by countrywide. When I received the 2nd set of papers, I returned all (this was for a special forbearance). When I called countrywide to verify that it was received, I was told I would have a response from them within 14 days. Well 5 days later, my house was sold at auction. I found out when I received a letter from their attorney to vacate the premises. Well, now I have received a notice that I am being sued for not vacating. I did contact an attorney, who requested all paperwork (copies) from their attorneys to verify that we were notified about the sale. They have refused to send anything. Well, to file suit against countrywide, I need $2800.00 which at this point seems hopeless. Not once did countrywide ever contact me and I found out they kept sending paperwork to 2 or 3 different addresses but apparently not to mine.

If anyone has any information please let me know. If I were sure I had a chance to win and keep my home, I would fight but I feel helpless and lost.
A     0 Votes
Sorry I picked the wrong button. I am very unhappy with Countrywide.
A     0 Votes
Wow, I am glad I did not refinance with Countrywide. Well they told us they had a great low rate of 6.25% and much lower payment than our current mortgage. But in order to lock in this lower rate we need $435.00 to get your home appraised and the credit fee. We were so excited that we came up with the money. Our home appraised for a few thousand less than we thought. Every time the loan officer would call the interest rate went up, or there was some kind of problem with "underwriting". So basically they riped us off for $435.00. We were stupid and will never make that mistake again!!! Do not use Countrywide... the loan officer was VERY inexperienced!!
N     0 Votes
Informing your state attorney general is a good idea but that will not keep your home out of foreclosure. By the time the AG can act, the sale could already take place. Find an attorney as quickly as you can -- if you don't have the cash, ask him or her if they will take it on contingency-- and consider a Class Action Suit against the Company.

The persons to contact immediately are your state and federal Congresspersons -- ALL OF THEM. Go to their local offices (the representatives and the senators) and speak with one of the case officers who are there to assist constituents. Congress has been told by the Secretary of the Treasury that the banks and Countrywide are working this out. Bank of America just loaned huge amounts of money to Countrywide AND is part of this deal.

Go to the government and ask them for help. Show them this page on the internet and tell them that Countrywide is in the business of stealing your homes. Go to the Bank of America and tell them what is going on -- ask them if they will write a new mortgage for you and help you get out of the mortgage with Countrywide. DO NOT CONTINUE TO DEAL WITH COUNTRY -- DO NOT WRITE A NEW LOAN WITH THEM.

Find other people who are being ripped off and ask them to put their problems with countrywide on line. Congress needs to know what these unscrupulous people are doing -- they need to see the full picture of the fraud or they will do nothing -- and there is plenty they actually can do, including getting Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to guarantee your loans.

FORM A SUPPORT GROUP -- GET EVERYONE INVOLVED. THIS THING IS GETTING OUT OF HAND AND CONGRESS IS THE ONLY PLACE WHERE ACTION WILL BEGIN.

Good Luck to you -- I am sorry for your troubles, but don't give up. Many of you have been lied to and cheated -- it's a rough place to be -- but not a time to lay down. FIGHT! WIN!
D     0 Votes
has anybody had them chare for insurance when you were already covered?
N     0 Votes
What Countrywide engages in is called mortgage servicing fraud.

Conduct your communications in writing with a RESPA letter. See above link for help.
N     0 Votes
This is a very interesting issue here. I would recommend calling customer service and requesting a history statement be mailed to you. When you receive it you should see every transaction on your account. This will include all payments made by you and all payments made from your escrow account (if you have one with them.) Their statement of foreclosure sounds a little premature. Most servicing companies do not talk foreclosure until at least 3 payments are late. And even then they try to work out a plan with you. Servicing companies cannot make any money if the payment is not made; their money comes from the interest on the loan, not the property itself. For this reason, foreclosing and owning property is not profitable to them. Hope this helps.

Al.
A     +1 Votes
Countrywide Home Loans has been harassing us for about a year now. First, they stated that we were behind in our payments. I just spent 1 1/2 hours of MY time and I used MY printer ink and copy paper, to print copies of all of our cancelled checks. Guess what? I'm actually right on track! They also use the tactic of sending your bill on the 5th day of the month it is due so you just might be late in paying it. Too bad for them that they can't keep their records straight and I'm ahead of the game! Their online account management system has me 7 months behind! I believe I will charge them $15.00 per hour for doing THEIR job for them!

Now for the best part! Countrywide sent us a letter stating that it had been brought to their attention that my home had been vacant since 10/23/2017! I called them and asked them to define "vacant", as I was standing in my house at the very address they claimed was vacant and that I was going to cook dinner in the kitchen of that home as soon as I finished doing their job for them yet again. I was told that an "agent" is sent out when the mortgage is past due to drive by the property to see if it has been vacated. Give me a break! They would have to trespass on your property and peer in the windows to make that determination! I told them that the house next door to me is vacant and has been since the woman that lived there died in a drug-related shooting on her front porch. I asked them to send their "secret agent" back to my home and even described the property to them, and to come to my front door. Upon ringing the doorbell, there will be a 90 pound Rottweiler and his brother and mama that will be the greeting committee. I asked for proof that this had been resolved within 30 days. I received NOTHING! Today, my insurance company called because they have received a letter that my property is vacant. You guessed it! Countrywide strikes again. Now they have involved a third party because they want to place Vacancy coverage into my insurance premium. They can kiss my grits! Before I am done with them, they will be paying ME to live in my house that I apparently don't live in. FYI: I'm typing this on my computer in that very house that they say is vacant.

We need to call these ###s on the carpet and stop them dead in their tracks! They just messed with the wrong lady here!
N     0 Votes
I am so happy that I am researching countrywide prior to trying to buy a home with them. I'm actually doing a research paper for my class concerning foreclosures & decided that I would research the company that I was about to borrow from. Mainly because they were on BLAST today along with BANK OF AMERICA (WE WON'T EVEN GET INTO WHAT KIND OF CROOKS THEY ARE) buying them out..or should I say bailing them out. I wish all of you the best of luck with your homes and hope and pray that you do not actually lose them. Are you able to file along with that lawsuit PTSD from the stress they have caused you? You may want to look into it.
A     0 Votes
My story with Countrywide is very complicated, Personally I think they should shutdown completely, thier business practice suck, everyone who works for them are crooks, have no education
They have no clue whats going on there.
A     0 Votes
We had to hire a mitigator and are in the process of working something out through no fault of our own. They esrowed our insurance when we faxed them seven times with proof we had our own. We refused to pay it and the late fees and were put into foreclosure.
N     0 Votes
Your 'litigator' is most likely working for the mortgage company unless you see the credentials. Mine tried to get me to come to terms with theirs and the guy was a fake. There are only a few Arbitration companies out there are they are listed on the net. Make sure you never speak to anyone who cannot verify where they are from.
N     0 Votes

Countrywide Home Loans - slow response!
Countrywide
Broomfield
Colorado

Countrywide had very bad communication with us. They were given all of our deadlines for our home purchase, yet they continually missed our deadlines even when we called to remind them. Important papers were never mailed or emailed to us, like employees at Countrywide said they would be. We were actually told something was in the mail... we never received it! They took forever to get the appointment for the appraiser, which hurt us in the long run.

They gave us a "pre-qualification" for an FHA loan. That sat on their desk for three weeks before we decided to continue. When they actually tried to qualify us on that loan, we were told that we didn't qualify. Countrywide should have been educated about the qualifications of the loan when we first went in. So, we went with another loan. On the day before closing they had an appraisal done on our house. At noon they called to tell us that everything was going great, the appraisal come back with good numbers and we would be able to make the noon closing time for the next day. An hour later, Countrywide called back saying there were problems with our appraisal and we wouldn't be able to close the next day. We were told that we would now need to put more money down because the appraiser deemed our neighborhood a "soft market". Ultimately, Countrywide's lack of qualification, communication, quick response and truthfulness led us to seek another lender. Hopefully this deal isn't ruined for us!
N     0 Votes

Countrywide Home Loans - unfair business practices!
Drake
Colorado
www.countrywide.com

We fell behind due to debit card fraud on our checking account which resulted in a returned check. We had never been late on our mortgage in 5 years before this occurred, then within 30 days of this event I lost my job. Needless to say, we fell further behind and after 90 days our home was in foreclosure. Our account was impacted by enormous fees causing the original arrears to be double. We worked out a repayment plan with Countrywide that cost us an additional $500 a month but truly believed we were going to turn this situation around since I had gainful employment and we had a plan we could live with, we were not happy about the total expense this had cost us but we were going to fix what was wrong. After six months of paying as agreed... to our surprise the July payment was refused by Countrywide, ironically they never contacted us, we found out when Western Union sent us a letter about three weeks later. When I contacted CW they claimed our payment was $5 short, I had sent them $1700 every month prior to this and that was the agreement, but they claimed it to be $1705 and refused to take anything unless we did another repayment plan that ended up costing us more fees and resulted an additional $100 month for another 12 months. They are crooks! Yet another payment refusal came our way and of course the fees followed and we had come up with another plan, this time they offered loan modification and that sounded like the way to go if it would bring us current and we start repairing our credit to hopefully refinance and get the heck away from CW. Well they took our $5000 good faith payment to modify our loan and applied to a bunch of erroneous fees and we are still in arrears and facing foreclosure again. Why doesn't someone do something to these people once and for all, there are so many stories just like ours and it WRONG! People work hard for their money and want a home for their families, we should never gone through this in the first place and now we are at risk of loosing out home and our $65,000 in equity. There should be recourse for the public when large corporations take advantage of people like this, why do I pay taxes to a government that turns their head to such blunted crooks like this. I want a class action lawsuit filed and I want everyone to get what they have coming to them including Countrywide Home Loans.
A     0 Votes
I agree with you. Something needs to be done. We refinanced to CW. We wanted a smaller payment & lower interest rate. We thought that was what we were getting. The lady that worked with us told us we would olny me paying $1100 a month. Which was true, except that was the option with defered interest. If we paid the actual smallest payment... we would be paying $400 more than we were in our original mortgage. Also, they told us not to worry about paying our last payment on our original mortgage. "we would be closed by then". Wrong! We fought with them & told them they needed to take care of it. We were told they had done so. Wrong! We now have a late payment on our credit. Also, since we were misguided on our refinance, we are looking at foreclosure. I've called and tried to work with them. They basically told me there was nothing they could do. Is there anything else we can do?

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree