Cottonwood Futons,Madison WIRipped off

S

Stay away from Cottonwood Futons, Madison WI.
From Cottonwood Futons, I purchased a futon frame, mattress, drawers for the frame, and a cover for the mattress. I received the drawers in a undamaged shipping box with the bottoms cracked. The drawer bottoms are about the thickness and structural integrity of a piece of cardboard. My wife wrote an email to Cottonwood and we were referred to Tech. support. I spoke with Nate at Cottonwood Futons Tech. support and was informed that the drawer bottoms are made from Balsa wood, which is that really light flimsy wood typically used in model airplanes. Cottonwood refuses to take damaged and inferior product back without us covering the return shipping approximately $80 plus 20% restocking fee.
I attempted to speak with someone on the phone many times and was never able to speak to anyone but the one time with Nate in Tech. support.
I ordered the most expensive mattress, frame, cover etc. The items that I choose were what I thought would be the highest quality. I am very pleased with the mattress made by Otis Bed, the frame is adequate, and the other items are not. I believe that Cottonwood Futons should stand behind their products and they are not. They will not speak to anyone on the phone if they are not buying something and they have now blocked my phone number from there phone system.
Buyer beware.