Costco Wholesale Corporationbilling counter no 2 timing 6:10pm

V Jun 21, 2019 Review updated:

I am costco member from one year and always enjoy my shop here. But today i am really fade up from cashier rudeness. My cousin and me reach on cashier and according to rule i show her my card. She start scan my goods suddenly i get call one of my friend so i ask to my cousin pay for bill and i move 4 step from cashier and she refused to accept payment from my cousin card when he told her. Why you not accept my card for payment so she said card holder have to use his card for payment. I didn't understand when i pay for this membership that time no body tell me any this type of thing. It mean if my father came with me and he is not member of coscto he can't able to pay my bill from his card . Cashier name is satwinder

Costco Wholesale Corporation

•   Jun 21, 2019

But that's the rule.
    Your friend could have waited.

Geez these smartphone sure are owned by stupid people.

• A
      Jun 28, 2019

I'm sorry everyone does not agree with you here, but I actually do. I took the time to look on the Costco terms and conditions. It states the primary card holder is ultimately responsible to pay, but does not say they are required to be the actual person paying in the store while you are there. Here is the section on payment directly from their site:

Payment
    Costco accepts all Visa cards, as well as cash, checks, debit/ATM, EBT and Costco Cash Cards. Photo identification and approval by a supervisor or manager may be required. A valid government-issued photo ID is required if you plan to pay by check. Cash, checks and EBT are not accepted at Costco.com, Costco Gas Stations or Costco Car Washes.
    Costco does not accept manufacturers' discount coupons (other than those distributed by Costco) or other retail establishment discount coupons.
    The Primary Member is responsible for purchases made by any additional cardholders. To pay by check, the member must have a valid driver's license or other state or government-issued photo identification on file with Costco. Any exceptions must be preapproved by the warehouse manager. Personal checks must be written in the exact amount due, issued on the member's checking account, pre-printed with the member's name and address, and presented by the member.
    In the event that either the Primary Member or additional cardholder has a check returned by the bank, the Primary will pay the face amount of the check upon demand, plus a reasonable service charge and other expenses incurred. If any legal action is taken on behalf of Costco to collect payment on a check, the member writing the check will be liable for reasonable fees and costs of collection.