Cornette Property ManagementThey are dishonest, combative and unresponsive

L

On July 8, 2010, my husband was notified in the middle of a conference call by a Cornette Property Management (the "Company") employee, Gloria Fernandez, to inform him of a plumbing issue at our house. She asked if he had a plumber. He said he did not and asked her to deal with the problem. I called Gloria later in the day for an update. She told me she was handling it. I asked if the costs for fixing the plumbing would be covered by our home warranty, a policy which your company utilized previously in several different home repairs. Gloria was clearly thunderstruck to find out we had a home warranty. After several attempts to tell me it was my fault that our home warranty was not on her "list", she rushed me off the phone, assuring me she would call me back. She never did. When I finally attempted to call her back, I was told by the receptionist that Gloria was too busy to take my call.
I called Gloria again July 9, 2010. She told me that although the Warranty existed, we would have to cover the charges out of pocket, because my husband did not instruct her to use the Warranty when she called him at work. I told her that because the Company had used our Warranty on three other occasions in the past without us having to specifically instruct it to, I reasonably assumed that she would use the home warranty again without specific instruction.
I told Gloria that I didn't think I should have to pay for something that was her mistake. Gloria told me she was going to charge me anyway. I told her I would like to talk to her superiors, either Judy or Roger. I have since placed unreturned calls and messages to Judy and Roger Cornette on the following dates: July 8, July 13, July 15, July 16, July 19, July 23, July 26 and July 27. I finally called the company again on August 19th, after having discovered that the company had automatically deducted the repair money from the rent owed us. I was informed that they were not willing to discuss the issue with us further.
Given the company's previous, unprompted use of our Warranty, I strongly feel that we have a reasonable expectation that the policy would be utilized in the future without special instruction. The company's refusal to offer us any explanation, to return our calls, or to offer us a detailed accounting of the dispute is a violation of NAPRM ethics rule 3.2, and evidence of a totally dishonest and greedy group of people.
My experiences with this company have been that they are dishonest, combative and unresponsive. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and if that fails to reach a resolution (as I assume it will - they have been totally unresponsive every other time I've tried to talk with them), I will take them to court.