Corner Star DentalFraudulent charges

S

I went for a cleaning and a check up at this new dentist office for only 39.99. Cornerstar Dental. I hadn't been to the dentist in 2 or 3 years so I decided to take this offer and get my teeth cleaned. So I get there everything is going fine, they x-ray my teeth, I get put into a room where I wait. They come in and say 'your teeth are fine but we want to test you for periodontal disease.'

This is 2 hours of being there. They give me the test show me a chart and say I need this $3, 000 surgery. They also could conveniently do it right then and there in 2 hours. I politely tell them no, and wait for my cleaning to commence. 1 and a half hours later I walk out with out my teeth being cleaned, and 3 and half hours in a dentist office with nothing done, and being sold something like I'm at a car lot.

So being fed up that I was there for 3.5 hours and didn't get my teeth cleaned, I wanted to seek out other professionals advice. I went to a family members dentist, and asked him if I have it. He said I was fine. I talked with another dentist and got the low down that everyone 'has' this disease its the reason you floss.

• Kw
    K.Watson Jul 11, 2009

I just went to Cornerstar Dental Group this past week. This office was extremely wonderful to me. I did get just has I had thought when I walked in the door. Full set of xrays, exam from Dr. Ozenbaugh and then my cleaning. The staff was so kind. I would refer all of you to not listen to the compliants above. This is a great office!

Chip8 Jul 10, 2009

If you have periodontal disease, it's unethical for a dentist to just give you a basic cleaning and send you on your way. If gum disease goes untreated, you can lose your teeth. And it's absolutely ridiculous for another dentist to suggest that "everyone" has periodontal disease... If you brush and floss regularly, it can easily be avoided.

In my opinion, this is like blaming a cardiologist for telling you that you need bypass surgery because you haven't cared for your heart... You can accept the recommended treatment or not, but don't blame the dental staff because you've failed to care for your teeth and gums!

• Co
    CO_Paul Jul 10, 2009

What are you people complaining about? If you don't go the the dentist for 2 years do you seriously think a $40 cleaning will take care of your problems. I think its time for you to take some personal responsibility. The point of the cleaning is to get you in there too see if something else is wrong. Its like going to get your oil changed and the repair shop telling you need to replace your timing belt. Sure its more expensive than you expected, but if you don't do the suggested maintenance its going to cost you a lot more in the long run.

I am personally am very satisfied with my care from Cornerstar Dental. Dr. Ozenbaugh professionally explained my x-rays and then fixed my cavities. Sure I had to pay for the service, but now my teeth don't hurt.

• Ba
    barbara Jun 13, 2009

corner star dental group. did the same thing to me, but i paid them 600. before i found out about them. now i am still waiting for my money back. after i cancel my account.Iwent to them in march of 2009, 3month later no work on my mouth, but they is still asking for more money.