Coopers FurnitureTerrible experience

I called a local furniture store, Coopers in Cary NC to ask if I could borrow two prop flat screen TVs to use during our annual Parade of Homes event. I've known the owner for many years, purchased $1, 000's of dollars worth of furniture and recommended them over and over again. I'm a local Realtor and am often asked for a good place to buy furniture. I called Neil Cooper about the props a good 60 days prior to the event and he asked when and how long I needed them. He told me it would be fine and just to call before I came. I made the call to Neil yesterday (10/1) and he very matter a fact said he was sorry but he could not loan them out - The Parade of Homes is a huge event in our area and the staging of them is vital as they are judged and awards given out. I had assured my builder and his decorator that I would have the props in a few days before the judging - Needless to say it did not happen - Ordering from the Internet was not an option due to timing. I spent 3 hours yesterday calling to see if anyone could help me to no avail. This has put me in a terrible position with my builder and the decorator. Coppers is a family business and has been open for many many years in our town. Customer service and keeping your word is vital to a business. Needless to say I will tell this story over and over again. I doubt that these two cardboard TVs will sell more furniture than the possible loss in business from Neils decision to re neigh on his word. Wonder what his father would think...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices