Consumer ServicesUnsolicited telephone calls several times a week

K

For over a year this "company calls" and says this is my last chance to take advantage of. . . (I can't remember how the next part is worded) then they say to stay on the line. Several times i have stayed on and asked them not to call me any more. They hang up. The other day i stayed on the line and when they answered i started to say, "i want you not to call me any more" and i got as far as "i want to" and the woman on the other end said something very vulger and hung up. I was stunned. Today when they called i stayed on the line, a man identified himself as "will" from "consumer services" and i listened to his speel long enough for him to pause and i said, "put me on your no call list - do not call me again, thank you. "
What else can i do?

• Cl
    C-lane Oct 24, 2018

So sick of these people calling me from different numbers on a daily basis, 4-7 times a day! I have already filed 2 complaints within the past couple of months. Everyone needs to start filing FCC complaints so they will actually track them down and stop this madness!

Joshua Gorrell Aug 21, 2018

#1, it is a scam. Nothing but a scam

#2, they are calling from overseas call centers, and dont give a rats behind about our do not call list.

#3, they are breaking the laws in regards to spoofing. There are legitimate reasons to spoof numbers, most often used by banks so cardmembers can call a local number. However, biggest requirements are that calls to that number go to the company, and that these numbers don't belong to anyone, or belong to the company. These guys don't follow those rules.

Number 3 is what makes it so hard to actually file a genuine complaint. Because even if you file a complaint about the number you go the call from, it's some poor schmuck who knows nothing of what you're talking about.

I get about 2 or 3 calls a week nowadays. After this last one, I actually formulated a plan. Next time they call (and I'm able to answer the call), I'm going to take steps to get an actual number from them...

• Vi
    Vic Linderholm Aug 13, 2018

August 2018 they are still at it. Same message. The only twist is they spoof the called from area code and first 3 digits of the number. That makes it look like it is coming from a phone near you. If you call the number the person that answers will know nothing about the call you just received. I did get a call from someone who thought I was the one making the calls from Consumer Services.

• La
    Larry O'neal Aug 02, 2018

Several calls a day from these consumer services as well. They call from a local number in our area code. different number each time. Blocking their calls is useless as they just dial from another number each time out of the same zip code and same city. Even got a call from them using my own phone number! Have asked them repeatedly to remove my number as I am registered with the do not call registry and they hang up after hearing or while I'm speaking to them. I'm receiving credit card debt and automotive extended warranty options. Several calls a day is not only annoying but should be illegal.

• Ia
    Ian Wes May 03, 2017

I get these calls all the time, and I don't think number-blocking software works well because the numbers are spoofed. So they will just get totally random numbers sent to your phone. If you call those numbers back, often you'll get real people who were not the ones to call you in the first place. The only way to counter that is to block all numbers, regardless of origin.

Mandy Farnsworth Dec 07, 2016

The best thing I have found is to download a call blocking app, and when I get calls like this I just add the number to the black list. Eventually all the numbers they call from will be in the list and you won't have to deal with them anymore. Just keep blocking numbers.

• Pa
    Paulo69 Oct 13, 2016

Use these links to report unwanted calls.

Report to the "National Do Not Call Registry" whether or not you are registered:

Report to Federal Communications Commission:

Report to Federal Trade Commission:

• Dp
    Dpnl Aug 05, 2016

I didn't answer their calls. I tried to call back to see what company or who called as my son was traveling and I thought maybe had to do with his travel. Call failed. ...every time. It was then I came on the computer to see where the call was from and found it was a scam call. What is the scam? What really happened when I attempted to call them??? What do they do with my number? It is a cell phone so how did they get my number?

• Dc
    DChewning Aug 05, 2016

I am on the do not call list. I get calls from this company very frequently. At least 3-4 times weekly.

Anytime that I have answered and tried to tell them to take me off their list they hang up. The minute I start talking, they hang up.

I've tried to call them back and the number fails. The most recent number says it's from Chattanooga, TN and the number is [protected].

What I don't understand is they hang up on you the minute you try to talk. What is the point of the scam? Are they dialing to see if it is a real number, so they can sell the number illegally?

• Dg
    dgoralewski Mar 08, 2016

I tried multiple times to speak to them and they hang up on me. One time I asked to kindly tell me the name, address and phone number of their company and they said, "F#%K You A$$H0le. How can this be allowed?

• Lo
    Lottie1960 Mar 07, 2016

I receive these calls continually from many different area codes. This cell is work related & is extremely annoying. I have blocked eight numbers & they continue to call. The government Do Not Call list is a joke. They are probably still receiving tax payer funds but they are not providing any service. I am beyond frustrated. This is harassing me while I am at work.

I don't think it has anything to do with a credit or bankruptcy issue. I use one credit card and have never had a bankruptcy or credit issue. It is just a scam of some kind.

I really don't want my employer to have to change my phone number. It would be a huge ordeal to make that change company wide.

But I've got to do something!

Dennis Todaro Feb 13, 2016

I've been getting calls from these thieves almost daily for close to a year, always from "spoofed" phone numbers. One of these came up as a local wireless number. I called the number and this poor guy had his business cell phone number used and he told me that all day long he had been getting calls from people cussing him out and saying "don't call me anymore" and didn't know why. I've also had my own home number come up as the caller. All my numbers are on the no call list but this hasn't stopped the calls - it's obvious that the FTC and local AG's aren't interested in stopping this fraud. I've gotten to the point where, when I can, I stay on the line - interesting I've been as high as caller 86 and in about a minute get connected - that gives an idea of how many calls are being placed. Once connected I will keep the ### that answers on the line as long as possible - I figure the longer I tie them up the less opportunity for them to scam someone vulnerable.

• Re
    Reviewer39784 Feb 11, 2016

co. calls every day at least once...recorded messages

• Je
    Jenn56789 Dec 04, 2015

I have also started receiving these calls. I am on the Donotcall registry, makes no difference. I have filed 2 complaints with DNC registry in the last 2 days. I have googled "Consumer Services" and there is a company called "CLC Consumer Services" that is one single webpage offering consumer credit if you are fool enough to fill out their form with your credit card #, phone #, state of residence. I think the Feds should go after whoever is behind the website.

• Co
    concerned.citizen 2 Nov 04, 2015

They have called twice today already. I don't even bothering answering the phone anymore but its still so annoying. I agree that this is harassment. I have great credit so these calls have nothing to do with a persons personal credit status. They are just phishing for information. I've tried all the same things the others have done but nothing works to stop the calls. When I did try to tell them I was on the do not call list and to stop calling, I was greeted with shocking vulgar obscenities and I actually felt threatened. How can this be allowed to continue?

JoAnne Crawford Oct 16, 2015

I get the same calls. I'm on the do not call list. I've blocked 5 numbers for them and I'm still getting calls! Why is there no help for this! I'm considering shutting off my home phone because of this!

• Da
    David Millspaugh Jul 10, 2015

At least the calls per day. Computer calls no ability to talk to a human. There is no problem with your credit card accounts...

• Ke
    Kellyruss Jun 29, 2015

I get these calls weekly if not daily. They will not stop and hang up on you if you ask and then call again another day. I have also made a report with the FCC as well as added my name to the Do Not Call List. None of this helps. My sister suggested an air horn. So now I answer, wait for an agent and blast an air horn in their ear. Perhaps they will decide to remove me someday and in the meantime... :) FYI these profane fools are the only ones I do it to.

• Ca
    Carrie1218 Apr 10, 2015

Also, I have never filed for bankruptcy, so that's not a connection. And if anyone does file a class action lawsuit, I'd be more than happy to be a part of it!!

• Ca
    Carrie1218 Apr 10, 2015

I just filed a complaint with the FCC, again. This "Consumer Services" company calls me everyday and its been happening for at least a year. Each time with a different number, even [protected] comes up sometimes as their phone number. They have to be paying a spoofing company to do this. I think that company is equally to blame!! I've asked nicely for them not to call me anymore, I've told them firmly not to call me anymore, I've threatened to sue them if they continue to call me and I've even cursed them out, and ALL to no satisfaction. I've even stopped picking up the phone, but they call EVERYDAY anyway. So not pressing 1 like someone suggested does not make them stop or change their calling behavior whatsoever. This is absolute harassment and it seems theres nothing we can do about. It's just not fair. So I'm buying an airhorn to sit right by my phone and will press 1 and blast it in their ear each time they call. If they don't stop, they may just end up either shell-shocked or deaf... LOL

Annie0828 Feb 26, 2015

This company calls my Mother several times a week. She is 99 years old, and does not understand why she gets these calls. The phone number is in my name because I pay the bill. Anything you can do to get these calls stopped will be appreciates.

• Bu
    BuzzCorey Feb 07, 2015

Go to the FTC website at http://www.ftc.gov/ and file a complaint EVERY time you get a call from these slugs. I have been answering their calls and let the ### go through his/her speel answering all of their questions about my (non-existent) CC debt then when they want me to get my CC's I tell them I will have to go get my CC's and files which will take a minute. Now they think they have another sucker on the phone, so I put the phone down and walk away. They will hang on sometimes for over ten minutes, which eats up their time and money, before they finally decide they have been had.

• Bu
    BuzzCorey Feb 07, 2015

"What else can i do?"

Go to the FTC website at: http://www.ftc.gov/ and file an complaint EVERY time these slugs call. I let them go through their speel, tell them I have CC debt, keep answering their questions, then when they want me to get my credit cards for more information I tell them I will have to go get my CC's and files. Now they think they have a sucker on the line so I put the phone down and walk away. They will hang on the line waiting for as much as ten minutes, which is eating up their time and money, before they finally realize they have been had and hang up.

• Ci
    Cindy~Lou Feb 05, 2015

I have been getting these calls for so long it really is getting annoying. I tried hanging on the line, but when it said I was 84th in holding, I hung up. Apparently they don't leave enough info for any action to be taking. I just wonder if they ever get anywhere except for being annoying. Even putting the number on block doesn't really work because the number changes frequently. So now I'm just to the point that when it comes up on caller id I hit ignore so I don't have to listen to the phone ring at least.

• To
    tomnoznews Jan 17, 2015

Previous comments have said it all. I have been getting calls from Consumer Services for at least 8 months and once a week for the past 3 weeks I have told them I am on do not call list and not to call again. Yesterday, Jan. 16, 2015, I got 10 calls from them! time to call my new U.S. Representative and see what she can do.

• To
    Towvans Jan 08, 2015

I am on the donotcall.gov registry also. I have received so many calls from these idiots that I won't even answer the phone until my caller id kicks in. The last call I received was from [protected]. According to whitepages.com, this is a cell number originating from Eureka, KS. The carrier is US Cellular. I didn't think they were still in business. I am sooo tempted to pay to find out where who this number belongs to, but the last time I paid, I got nothing for my trouble. They even called me from a skype number once. I feel all of your pain; even calling them everything but a child of God doesn't work either. I guess the next step is to bring this company to light in the media and ask for assistance that way. That is my next step.

• St
    SteveODonnell Dec 31, 2014

This company has called me several times per week over the last three years. Filing a complaint with the FTC is a complete waste of time has I have probably filed over 50 complaints with them over the last 3 years regarding this company. Yet the calls continue. Blocking their number does no good because they just call back using another spoofed number. Telling them to quit calling does no good either. I am just about ready to send a letter to my Congressman to see if something can be done since the FTC is totally worthless. These calls are bordering on harassment. I have filed complaints with my State Attorney General Office and with my telephone company and they say nothing can be done. Someone needs to do an investigation and put these scammers out of business. With today's technology I cannot believe that the FBI or some Government agency cannot trace the origins of this company.

• Vi
    Vickie2 Dec 30, 2014

20/20 did a similar story on a company like this. You have to document every call and time. You can report them and collect money from them. I will check out the details and get back to everyone.

• Jw
    J. Wyant Dec 05, 2014

I also have gotten these calls, have tried everything to get them to stop. Have went on my telephones website and started blocking numbers but how many call centers do they have? Called one place to file a complaint and was told they are trying to get them stopped. Hasn't happened so how do we get them to stop disconnect our phones??

• Fr
    frank underwood Dec 05, 2014

These guys have been bothering me for more than a year with daily calls, sometimes more.Once i held the line and told the person to stop calling but he/she hung up immediately.I bought a new phone which has call blocking and have blocked this phony company on ~15 different area codes/phone nos.but they just keep shifting around, always calling me from a new area code each time, which i then block.
    I hope that someday they all get arrested for endlessly bothering people.

• Eh
    E. Hicks Nov 14, 2014

I see these complaints go back to 2008. 6 years later and it's still going on. These folks call be almost everyday and sometimes several times a day. As with other when I tell them I'm on the do not call list they hang up right away. on a few times I attempted to get a manager or supervisor on the line but I guess they know why and they hang up. I even listened to their spell to see if I can find who they are actually working for. But they are slick and know when you are just fishing for info on them. I just hope someone in government does something about this long running scam.

• Re
    Rest in peace call Nov 07, 2014

I start receiving calls when I filed bankruptcy. After reading some commets I wonderling is there a connections. I'm on the national do-not-call list not helping. I put a block on the first number and they called again with a new number. I put a block on the new and they change the number again and call. I have put a block on five telephone numbers on my phone. This is over harrassment.They keep calling as if they are trying to force you give them information to their scam. I can't understand why there is no class action law suit as well. Unless the bankruptcy attorney are in on this. These people are link to someone and how are you getting money to have different numbers making all these calls. My home needs peace and it piss me off when I get up and its them calling "Consumer Service". A good hell bound curse is what they need.

• St
    Stu Van Tine Nov 01, 2014

I think we should start trying to find out where they are physically located. Pool resources, find a class action lawyer to file suit in that jurisdiction, on standing of violation of law & public nuisance. Sue for punitive damages, name every employee from CEO to janitor and every (if any) work-at-home contractor. OK, lawyers will get all the money if they win, but it's not what we get that's important, it's how badly they get hurt.

• Na
    nancyinanger Oct 15, 2014

I am on the DoNotCall list, and I get calls from them 3-5 times a day. They call from at least 6 different numbers, one time mimicing my phone number. They have identified themselves on caller id as a veteran's group, a flooring company, and a doctors office--same spiel each time! When I contact someone, I get hung up on! They are criminals, nothing less.

debbyhen Aug 07, 2014

[protected] if this is the number, we can report this to FTC. If everyone does it, someone will act in some way!

debbyhen Aug 07, 2014

I have tried everything. I even let them go thru the spiel and pretend I"m interested. They lie and say my creditors recommended them. Then I tell them they are liars because I filed a bankruptcy and have not reestablished my credit. I have't had a credit card in years! They always hang up, but not before I've wasted THEIR time, like they waste mine. They are trolling for people who are gullible. Now when I see them or any unknown name on caller id, I don't answer. I think the only way to get rid of them is to stop them from being successful in reaching people.

• Ba
    Barking Mad Jun 14, 2012

I receive several calls a day from this entity. No caller ID available, so can't trace the source phone number. Recorded message threatening "last chance to take advantage of" some sort of bogus government grant that would lower my credit card interest rates. Today, I pressed 1 to speak to a person. The person went into a selling spiel when I asked my phone number be removed from their records. I stopped him and asked his company name and details. He said his company name is "Consumer Services", that he could not give me any phone number for his company, that he could not take me off their calling list, that I could not speak to a manager, and then he hung up on me. Next time I receive a call, I will gather all the information possible as though I'm interested in purchasing, use as much of their time as possible, but not give them any of my true personal details. I will use all the information I gather to file complaints with every organization available.

• Dr
    Dragonzfyre Jun 27, 2009

I am registered with do not call and they called my number 7 times yesterday and when I called them back to ask them to please stop calling the lady said whatever and hung up on me. This company should be shut down and prosecuted for FCC violations.

• Ro
    ronk Jun 06, 2009

Even though I'm on the national do-not-call list, I today received such a call. When asked for a name, a business name, and a business address, all I got was the name Joy and business name Consumer Services. When asked why they weren't checking the do-not-call registry, Joy said I shouldn't have pressed the digit '1', as if I'd originated the call ... NOT ... and hung up.

The caller ID listed phone number [protected] (VA, USA) and it was answered by an auto-attendant, to which I didn't respond.

• Ba