Concepts Execution / ThriveInternet Fraud

K

Concepts Execution
Registered Telemarketers
License # 7016350-TLMO

I have had the same problems with these scam artists like many of you. I lost my job in April of 2009 and was looking for a way to be able to work from home. I found an advertisement for "Bill Killer" and somehow was convinced to give it a try. Once I submitted what seemed like a reasonable charge, I got a pop up window that told me to contact customer service and it gave the number.

It turns out that it was the number to Concepts Execution and they proceeded to convince me to purchase their program in order to be successful on the internet as an online business. From what I recall, I was given an appointment to speak to the Director, Nick Smith, and that they only accepted a few "special clients" for the program as they were interested in my success. I would have to pass their requirements.

I took this to mean that they would evaluate my abilities to learn online and that the program would be structured just as it is when taking online classes from an University. Since I was recently unemployed and seeking to fulfill my dream of working from home with an online store, I was excited. I thought that my bad luck had turned around and I was hopeful of the opportunity to make my life better.

There weren't any thoughts of my being rich fast or in days. I simply wanted to do better for myself and had worked in the corporate setting for over 30 years. I wanted to be able to make what I had been making and more. Being 52 years of age, I was tired of the corporate politics and wanted peace in my life. I am single and knew that I would need to depend upon myself to make it happen. I wasn't afraid of working towards these goals.

The sales pitch was very convincing and it appeared that I could make a living from an online business. After all, others were doing it.

I remember Nick being hesitant when I told him that I had recently lost my job and would need to wait until I got my severance paycheck in order to invest in the program. I had even commented that I hoped it wasn't a scam. He claimed it wasn't and that he wouldn't be in business if it was. Lies, lies, lies! This didn't stop him from ripping me off. He sounded nice on the phone and convincing, so I signed up for the program in April of 2009.

After realizing that things weren't working out and being scared that I had gotten myself involved in a scam, I contacted Concepts Execution and was told that Nick Smith no longer worked there. I was encouraged to take my complaint to Thrive as my dealings with Concepts Execution was completed. These people pass the buck back and forth and I am now certain that they are connected to each other.

Thrive was just as awful. They appeared to be helpful in the first stages, and BTW, I wasn't informed of all the different phases that I needed to go through. The e-library had outdated info and the coaches only assigned me two or three projects. I completed them and still don't have a website up. They would transfer me from coach to coach and I would have to repeat assignments, or send them my spreadsheets over and over again which slowed the process down.

I repeatedly told them that I needed to get the website up and going and bring money in. I lost my savings due to these companies. They rape their consumers of their hard earned money and then just give double talk and place blame on the consumer. Like stated in another post, they will tell you that they are willing to work with you, but in reality they don't. I am fighting mad now and want a refund.

My recent conversation on Oct. 20th with the co-owner, Robert Montgomery exposed him for the lying, aggressive, and heartless person that he is. He threatened me on the phone and claims to have been doing this for a long time. He said that he will WIN with the BBB (which he considers a fraud) and the Consumer Protection Division of Utah. He claims that he will "come after me" if I place any complaints. He stated that he would hire 20 attorneys if need be to come after me and anyone else as he doesn't care.

I don't know what he expects to get from me as his company and affiliates have raped me of close to $5, 000.00 of my savings and money that I no longer have. Unless he expects to throw me out of my home and into the street to imply that HE is the victim, then I guess I could contact the local media.

If they aren't interested, then I suppose I could make my own video and upload to YouTube. That might be an option anyway.

Either way, he is ruthless and his actions as well as the actions of these other companies will cause their own downfall.

Thrive continues to charge me for web hosting when there is no website up for them to host. They haven't responded to my emails to close the account.

My current concern is that I also had purchased a service through another company that is in contract with Concepts Execution and Thrive. They are called Ameritax and based in Utah. They helped to set up a business name and offer tax services. Once again, these companies refuse to give refunds.

Since this mess with Thrive and Concepts Execution, I am very concerned about any companies connected to them. I have learned the hard way to check all businesses out with the BBB, and Ameritax is rated as F. Pretty scary.

I can only hope that this information is helpful to others to avoid getting caught up in the scam or to help stop these businesses.

• Su
    suckernumber1000000 Nov 18, 2009

Thrive is a leech and once they have your phone number they keep calling trying to get more money. They say that this is the team who will work for you to get ____ (fill in whatever phase your at) in the web site design. They blood sucking starts at an astronomical amount then they come down to six thousand after they get thatout of you, you get an assignment, and a team. That is wonderful right? NO you need another team for your business plan which will cost more. And this is when the milking begins because now you are Thrives cash cow!

Manfred Nov 30, 2009

My name is Manfred and I had the same bad experience with International Income Solutions and Thrive
    Later I found out that I had the right to cancel.
    For what it is worth. Utah law says that you have 3 days to cancel a contract no cause required.
    If you were not informed of that condition you have 90 days to get a refund. For me it is to late since I started with them in Feb.
    I called them the next day after paying $6500.00 and I was told that since I had agreed I was in a contract and could not cancel it. No mentioning of the 3 day grace periond
    Thrive has conned me out of my retirement saving. I am 78 and should have known better.
    A Mike Nell kept me on the phone for over two hrs. I must have been like hypnotized to give them my credit card. You should contact the Attorney General of Utah. I am a Canadian, my government can't do anything for me in Utah.
    Manfred

• Wi
    William Frisbie May 26, 2011

I just joined yesterday and I am unable to get myself out of this because I can't even get ahold of my account. Already paid and I would like to cancel. 60 day guarantee

• Wi
    William Frisbie May 26, 2011

I would like to unsubscribe

• Bi
    Bill.Johnson Oct 03, 2011

You should do some research on Robert Montgomery. He is a convicted felon. He did 4 years in prison before he got out and started scamming again. Concepts Execution is still in business and still stealing money from unsuspecting people. Call the ftc, attorney general, and consumer protections but more importantly call your credit card or bank and dispute the charge.