Concentramalpractice

K

Appalling ignorance mixed with apathy. First, let me say..I worked in physical exams in the Air Force for 20 yrs, 5 as the NCOIC. I also have a degree in Aerospace Medicine and a degree in Healthcare Admin. Went in for DOT p/e. MA claimed I had b/p of 171/117. Really? I have no hx of HPT. I should have been ordered to lie down and 911 called!! I was just told, "We'll keep your paperwork until you have that taken care of." I had to ask THEM about the 3 day b/p check. The girl had NO idea what I was talking about. I told her it was standard procedure for a patient with high b/p. Then, MA said I need glasses. She determined this simply using the Snellin wall chart, which is only for screening purposes. There was an eye exam machine on the table, but it was not used on me. I have no hx of eye problems. Went to my doctor and provided Concentra with medical hx of my NORMAL b/p readings for the last 12 months, SIGNED BY MY DOCTOR. Concentra would not accept. I then went to eye doctor and had extensive testing. I do NOT need glasses. I provided Concentra with the documented results of eye exam, SIGNED BY THE DOCTOR. Concentra would not accept results, but offered to give me another Snellin test!! Really? So, Concentra is using results of their MA (high school diploma + 5 months of tech school certificate) using a Snellin chart over the medical results of 2 board certified medical doctors. In addition, 5 of the 7 people I work with failed their physicals with Concentra this week over medical 'problems' they have never had before! Ridiculous! When I went back to try to have DOT physical form corrected, I noticed "someone" had scribbled out MY writing on patient history and changed MY answers!! ON A LEGAL MEDICAL DOCUMENT!!
So, so far, I've had to go to Concentra, then to my doctor, then back to Concentra, then back to my doctor, then back to Concentra, then to my employer, then to DMV, then to eye doctor, then back to DMV, then back to employer, then to Concentra. Now, Concentra wants me to go back to eye doctor, then back to Concentra, then back to DMV, then back to employer...all for medical 'conditions' I don't have. In addition, I've lost 4 days of work and am out $50 for an UNNEEDED and UNINSURED eye exam! Oh, and two pairs of glasses I DON'T NEED! Plus, unless this is corrected, a lifetime of 'corrective lens' and 'HPT' restrictions on my CDL driver's license!
And, yes, I am going forward with my allegations of illegally altering my medical records.

• It
    itzyv Feb 01, 2012

The worst service ever; I went to this location about a month ago on Jan. 4 th to be exact. THey did some blood tests thinking I might have anemia, but they told me they would call me back in a week to let me know the results. I never heard from them, and didn't get a chance to call them because i work 12 hours a day; I've been feeling sick so I decided to take a day off work and decided to stop by to ask about the blood test results only to find out that I had early symptoms of Valley Fever...this is extremeley serious, and they took almost an entire month to get back with me. Their lack of urgency in this industry truly shows how unprofessional they are. I would never recomment this Conentra locatiom.