Con Agra/Marie Callender'sBone in Pot Pie

C Review updated:

I bought a Marie Callender's chicken pot pie for my granddaughter. We were eating dinner when all of a sudden she stopped and got very still so I looked over at her to find her reaching in her mouth where she pulled out a huge chicken bone! She could have choked to death!!! Where is their Q.A Dept????? This is inconceivable and inexcusable!!! I've tried to contact Con Agra's website but conveniently, their "contact us" button encounters an error when pressed. I wonder why...

• Je
    Jenniferpr May 10, 2021

Found a large bone in my marie calendar pot pie today. Causing major indigestion! I'm very concerned about bone splinters in my digestive system. The phone listed here on this site is not in service! Any advice on contacting the company?

• Je
    Jesher May 13, 2021

@Jenniferpr I also just found a bone in my marie calendar chicken pot pie. I googled it to see if anyone else recently had the same disturbing experience. Gross. 🤮

• Steven Pomeranke Nov 24, 2014

Why aren't more people reporting this. This is 2014, and I buy boneless chicken for my cooking, but bone spurs give me a break internet. I only see a few reporters, and few is not enough when kids lives are on the line, We were fortunate that my wife has the restrain while eating that she did not chock to death. These Photos are what she pulled out of her mouth one by one, and last one was deeper i her throat. I am so glad I only made one for her, because if it were me, I would flip...

• Sg
    sgrant Sep 18, 2014

did any of you sue con agra

• Sg
    sgrant Sep 18, 2014

did any of you sue con agra for the bone in your pies

• Wa
    watchout43 Apr 13, 2013

I also had a Marie Callendar Chicken Pot Pie and found a bone in it as well It was embedded in my gums and It is very painful i will be seeing my Dentist on Monday to make sure it will not get infected because i was bleeding, but a damn bone really?!!!

• Im
    IMD1 Oct 14, 2011

Kristan, just contact corporate and let them know about the incident and go on with your life.

• Kr
    Kristan Oct 14, 2011

I just bit into my a chicken bone in my Marie Callendar Chicken Mushroom Risotto. I punctured the top of my mouth which is less terrifying than choking or feeding bones to a child. However, I am extremely unhappy, and should this get infected what is the best way to file my complaint. Have any of you received any resolution for the lack of quality and safety issues? Should I save the bone?

• He
    heelermama2011 Oct 04, 2011

I was eating a Marie Calendar Chicken Pot Pie as well and found 2 pieces of bone. I was about to give a bite to my 2 year old when i bit down on the first bone. OMG really. And I have been sick to my stomach all night long. I can not believe this. If she would have got the larger of the 2 pieces she surely would have had her throat cut. This is just the worst thing ever. I was not as mad earlier but it just gets me that this could happen. I mean how do pieces this big get by just because they are in thick pieces of meat? That does not mean it should happen. I just wonder really how long this has been going on and why this continues to happen. Very upset and sick.

• Fo
    Foodinspector Sep 25, 2011

these are the photos, i dont know if they attached in my post

• Fo
    Foodinspector Sep 25, 2011

BEWARE OF BONES IN CON AGRA MARIE CALLENDER'S POT PIES!

STUCK IN THROAT AND CHOKED, HAD TO HAVE HEIMLICH MANUEVER PERFORMED ON ME OR I WOULD HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO BREATHE. I CALLED CON AGRA BUT OF COURSE THEY ARE CLOSED TODAY.

WE ONLY BUY MARIE CALLENDER'S POT PIES BECAUSE THE OTHER BRANDS DON'T COMPARE, OTHER THAN BOSTON MARKET BRAND POT PIES. I GUESS BOSTON MARKET HAS A NEW CUSTOMER AS WE WILL NOT BUY ANY CON AGRA PRODUCTS. I LOOKED IN TO THE QUALITY CONTROL ISSUE THROUGH A PLETHORA OF ONLINE SEARCHES AND HAVE FOUND SIMILAR PROBLEMS WITH DIFFERENT PRODUCTS OF CON AGRA, NOT JUST THE MARIE CALLENDER'S POT PIES MADE BY CON AGRA FOODS.

I COULD UNDERSTAND A SMALL BONE CHIP, BUT NOT AN ACTUAL BONE THIS LARGE. LARGE ENOUGH TO GET LODGED IN MY THROAT AND THE ONLY WAY TO GET IT OUT, LUCKILY ENOUGH, WAS BY PERFORMING THE HEIMLICH MANEUVER ON MYSELF WITH A CHAIR. IF THAT DIDN'T WORK I WAS ABOUT TO CALL 911 BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WAS HOME AT THE TIME THIS HAPPENED.

WHEN I DID FINALLY GET IT TO COME UP, THERE WAS BLOOD AND SOME CHICKEN STILL ON IT. I RINSED IT OFF TO SEE IF WAS CARTILAGE OR SOMETHING, BUT IT WAS A BONE CAUSING THE OBSTRUCTION. MY THROAT HURT FOR HOURS AFTERWARD AND I WAS COUGHING UP SOME BLOOD DUE TO THE ABRASION.

I AM LUCKY, AND NOT EVERYONE KNOWS HOW TO PERFORM A CPR HEIMLICH ON THEMSELVES. PERHAPS CON AGRA FOODS SHOULD PUT A WARNING ON THE BOX: PLEASE BEWARE OF BONES AS CHOKING AND/OR DEATH MAY OCCUR.

PEOPLE PLEASE BE AWARE, THE PHOTO IS ATTACHED SO YOU CAN SEE IT WASN'T A SMALL LITTLE BONE CHIP.