Computer AllianceAppalling customer service!

J

Their prices are great and the majority of their staff are nice. The boss who runs the place, though, is a complete and utter ###. I had done business with this guys a few times before and never had a problem, until I went in to buy a particular piece of equipment. I wound up getting into an argument with him, and it must have been evident to him that he was "losing". So he taps in a product code and manages to dial up a product (which would *not* have met my requirements) that was $30 more expensive. Suffice to say I walked out.

In the end, the fat bespeckled loser of a manager lost my business. I have heard complaints of this bloke from several others before - one who is an enthusiastic system builder. He thought the prices were the best in town and went there until he encountered the manager - he then did his shopping elsewhere.

I suppose it's just his own business he's killing anyway. Too bad.

• Le
    leejohn Nov 13, 2013

The manager is a fat bald idiot, who wouldn't know customer service if it bit him in the ###.

Chris12345678 Sep 20, 2017

I had a terrible experience with Computer Alliance over a warranty issue. I had a component fail within the three year warranty period. It took nearly a year to get back and when I got it back, it still didn't work. I sent it back and again, after many months of inaction, they finally got back to me saying that it was just outside the warranty period and no longer covered. After many email exchanges with the Service Supervisor, I was left feeling frustrated, bullied and run around. In the end, I asked them to at least return the repaired component and they couldn't even do that! Instead, they offered me a cash settlement about a sixth of the original purchase price saying that "depreciation" needed to be taken into account. The matter is now with the Department of Fair Trading. I was disappointed that it came to this as I felt I was a very fair, honest and loyal customer. I think they really shot themselves in the foot by treating me the way they did.