Zoran's Hair Salon & Spa / Numerous consumer and fraud protection laws violation!

I recently had my hair colored at Zoran's hair salon in Manhattan, on Lexington Avenue (bet. 47th & 48th). Before I even sat in the chair, I asked how much it would be. Zoran himself quoted a price to me.

After about an hour, while the colorist was doing my highlights (which, btw, were not the color or width that I requested), Zoran came over and told me that he didn't realize that I had "so much hair" and needed to charge me an extra $20! I asked him rhetorically if I could refuse to pay the extra amount and he simply laughed. Of course, he charged me the extra $20.

This must violate numerous consumer and fraud protection laws... All I know for sure is that I will not patronize Zoran's ever again.

N  28th of Dec, 2007 by
I have been patronising the salon for over two years. Almost without fail, I would end up paying more than what I was quoted. I liked the hairdresser Debbie so I did not mind paying the amount. I recently found out that Debbie has left the salon. I was trying to locate her but was told by Zoran himself that a Debbie never worked with him before! This was after my boyfriend called to make an appointment for himself and was told she had left the salon. It seems strange. If the hairdresser has left, there is no reason to lie about it! If anyone knows where Debbie could be found, please drop me a message. I think my boyfriend and I shall stop patronising this salon after this!
N  1st of May, 2009 by
I've been a hairdresser for 15 years, and I can tell you that after being on your feet all day long and being in a total complete hurry, tired, hurt, and hungry we don't always pay attention to what we need to, to inform you of what its going to cost you up front. Sometimes its not until we actually get into your hair and we feel it and we get to know that your hair is actually your hair is taking more color that it is supposed to. The prices are based on what a normal amount of color is going to be used. For instance, normally to do a all-over highlight, we would only use (shoulder length hair touching top of shoulder) 4 ounces mix of color. So if I run out of color in the color bowl and I have to go back in the back room and mix up more color, this means I have more money coming up in product to use on your hair. This is why that extra charge is coming out and why we have to charge you more. Because our chemicals are not cheap, and if he only charged you $20 dollars he cut you a deal. Have a nice day!! =)