Zoosk / cancellation renewal and did not ask for premium account

San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:

I cancelled the renewal of the subscription on 26th April 2017 which is before my renewal date of 1st May 2017. I have received confirmation that my subscription is cancelled, but two payments have already been made from account on Friday 5 May 2017 for 74.95 for the renewal for 6 months to which has been confirmed and on 7th May the premium amount for 59.95.
I have requested for the money to be returned into my account as I am struggling to pay bills. This is the truth. I have found a lady that I am seeing and I will not be resubscribing or activating my zoosk account. Please as per US Consumer law like here in Australia there are consequences for being unreasonable. I am not asking for much. Zoosk was a good site, but I do not require your service other than the return of the money as I am struggling. Please return $134.90 to my account ASAP.

A copy of what was sent.
On [protected] Hi David,

Your account was successfully deactivated and your profile will no longer appear on Zoosk. You can reactivate your account at any time.

Reactivate Account

On 7th May 2017
Hi David,

Your Zoosk subscription has been cancelled.

You will not be billed for any further subscription renewals, but will continue to receive access to your subscription benefits, including the ability to message and chat with other subscribers, until your current subscription period expires on 05/06/2017. After your subscription expires you'll still have access to your account as a free member.
Ponnanna at Zoosk, May 4, 19:32 PDT:
Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Zoosk Customer Support.

We appreciate your time as a Subscriber. Our records indicate that your Subscription has been canceled successfully. The Subscription will no longer renew and no further Subscription charges will be applied. As long as you do not deactivate your profile, you will have access to your Subscriber features until the Subscription expires at the end of your billing cycle. If you choose to deactivate your account before your Subscription benefits expire, please keep in mind that you will forfeit any time you have left on your Subscription without a refund.

***If you wish to resubscribe within the next 30 days, please use the following promo code at the time of purchase to receive a 50% discount: be8vytu2

Please be sure to only use promo codes offered directly by Zoosk. Also please note that promo codes are valid for credit card payments only.

We hope that you enjoyed using Zoosk!

Best regards,

Ponnanna
Zoosk Customer Support

For additional tips and information about safe online dating, please review our Online Dating Safety Tips by visiting www.zoosk.com/safety.php
To translate | Traduire | Traducir | √úbersetzen | Tradurre | Para traduzir

David Woods, May 4, 19:30 PDT:
There are two pending subscription renewals which I have not asked for and I would like to ensure that no money is withdrawn from the card that is linked to the account please. There is a subscription fee of $79.95 and a $59 one that are both pending please cancel all. Thankyou. I would like to receive an email of the cancellation. Kind regards
David

Da
May 9, 2017

Comments

• Sy
      4th of Jul, 2017

I fully agree, they took off R1800 from my credit card account without my knowledge or agreement. I cancelled subscription many months ago.