ZoomCell.com / It's a trap and causes you a lot of headache!

I ordered a LG chocolate cell phone ($279+S/H) from zoomcell.com on 12/22/06 and paid $19.99 for 3-5 day shipping. Zoomcell sent a tracking number of usps but I wasn't sure if it's valid because nothing can be tracked. Until today, 1/4/07, at 7:00 PM, I still haven't got my phone yet. Company doesn't list a phone number on its web page. With the help of Google search , I got its an 800 and a fax number. Tried to call and got a message "The mailbox is full". Nothing came back from fax. Email to info@zoomcell.com and sales@zoomcell.com, at every time, an auto-reply message returned with no help. This company claims "Live Help" but when you click on it there in nothing.

My final decision is to call my credit company to hold the payment tomorrow. Hope I can do it.

ONLINE SHOPPERS, DON'T EVER PURCHASE ANY THING FROM ZOOMCELL. It's a trap and causes you a lot of headache.

Kh

Comments

• Na
      20th of Jan, 2007

Zoomcell absolutely sucks. They don't have any customor support at all. I found the president of the companies home phone number and called them that way to get something resolved.

• Sf
      23rd of Jan, 2007

Can you share the number with us? Lots of us seem to be in the same boat!

• Bo
      24th of Jan, 2007

They don't only suck, they are crooks!!! I believe eBay and Paypal are in this with zoomcell. Not only does he have false advertising, he filed a non-paying bidder strike and eBay granted it even though they have proof that I paid through paypal. He also scams people by leaving horrible feedback so that you will agree to a mutual feedback withdrawal.

• Ph
      25th of Jan, 2007

Zoomcell advertised Motorola RAZR phones with a factory warranty. Motorola will not honor it because Zoomcell is the original owner. I got an RMA number from Zoomcell and sent the phone back to them. Several weeks went by and I got the same phone back. My advice is DO NOT BUY FROM ZOOMCELL.

• Ph
      25th of Jan, 2007

I found the phone number for Zoomcell. It is 800-801-7591, but a recorded message says they are 'upgrading their phone system'. The fax number works. It is 718-504-7786. The President of the company as of mid-2006 was someone named Shner Hickson. All this information was found on-line after some searching.

• To
      29th of Jan, 2007

Zoomcell rep matt helped me when i could not figure out how to input my internet settings on the new nokia phone i got was a pleasure working with zoomcell i will be back very soon.

• Al
      31st of Jan, 2007
    ZoomCell.com - Order not received!

Ordered a phone from them on 1-17-07 and paid for it with credit card. Could not use the "live help" and when I called the 800# I got a recording that their phone system was being updated and to contact them at info@zoomcell.com. This was done. I tracked my pkg via the USPS tracking site and it never left Brooklyn. I did receive an email from them today stating my pkg was lost and that I would be getting a refund - wonder how long that will take?

2nd of Feb, 2007

I am really surprised to see these negative comments i have ordered 3 phones from these people without a hitch the telephone number for them is 718 701 2767 the 1800 number is old and not in use.

• Ri
      2nd of Feb, 2007

I also have been around the block with ZoomCell. I am still waiting for a replacement phone isn't getting close to a month. The also left negative feedback on my ebay account even though I paid the full amount on time. I will not remove my Negative feedback from there account no matter what they say. I do not recommend ZoomCell to anyone.

R.Juarez
    Houston,TX

• Ha
      15th of Feb, 2007

My phone got to me ok. I am surprised to see the complaints.

• Ju
      25th of Feb, 2007

I just got my motorola razor V3 gold color from zoomcell. As soon as I turn it on and inserted the sim card, I started to receive some weird text messages from sender like "_@" and etc. The text messages are empty pages and I get them several times a day. I'm sick of it already and it has only been 4 days. I think that the phone that I purchased from zoomcell has a virus. Also, On the home screen of the cell phone there two tiny squares that are connected are shown. I don't know what are they. I had razor before, but I never had these images on the home screen of the phone.

• Pa
      26th of May, 2007

I bought what was supposed to be a new quad band v360 from ZoomCell, It arrived dead and when i called the 718 phone number I just kept getting a recording saying to call back. I tried emailing to no avail. When I left neg. feedback on Ebay they got in touch right away and promised to refund all my money immediately if I withdrew my negative feedback. They still haven't ! Also Motorola says the warranty expired on this phone in 12/06, I bought it on 4/26/07. I'm contacting the NY State Attorney general's office and asking them to look into possible mail fraud and would suggest that anyone else with a similar problem do the same!

31st of May, 2007

I bought a Motorazr V3 black & bluetooth H650 from Zoomcell in Feb 07. I was not able to swich on Bluetooth because the mobile had some problem and was showing "Bluetooth Power failure" message. So, I returned the product to Zoomcell for replacement.

Then after some 15 days, I received an email saying the replaced product is delivered but I did not receive anything. I wrote nearly 5 mails to them requesting them to verify where they shipped my product to. But did not get a single reply from them.

Now, I feel I totally lost my money ($183) as well the product. Not able to believe that zoomcell is still serving even there are so many complaints like mine.

• Ka
      2nd of Jun, 2007
    ZoomCell.com - Two phones do not work

I purchased a cell phone thru EBAY and ZoomCell on April 12 via the internet. The cell phone (Motorola V360) came and did not work. It entire phone kept going dead. After many attempts by phone and email, ZoomCell finally emailed me back with a RMA #. After sending the phone back at my expense, I had to wait for two weeks until I finally received a new phone (the same one). The new phone stayed on, but I could not get any service. Every other day the phone did not work. I have been trying to get ahold of ZoomCell again and with no luck. Their telephone number does not work and they will not respond to my emails. I am disgusted in this company and have made a complaint to EBAY and my credit card company. EBAY says that since the second complaint is after 45 days , they cannot help me. I would have had to complain and file a report within 45 days of the purchase.

• Ss
      27th of Jun, 2007
    ZoomCell.com - Order not received!

I bid on a cell phone on ebay, the one I received wasn't new. They told me to send it back , refuses to give refund. I have filed a paypal complaint, and credit card against them.

• St
      27th of Jun, 2007

I purchased a Razr V3c on June 15, 2007 from zoomcell.com on ebay. When it came in the mail, I noticed that parts of the phone were different shades of pink and the phone had previously been programmed with another # (ITEM DESCRIPTION READ "NEW, NEVER OPENED"!!).

I called my provider to have the phone activated, but I was not able to receive / make phone calls. The next day I took the phone to my provider for them to determine if the problem was with the phone, or if the activation was not completed properly. It was determined that not only was there an audio problem with the phone, but it kept dropping calls after only 8 seconds!

I emailed the seller within the first 15 hours of receiving the phone to make them aware of the problems I was having, and I requested a return email with refund / return instructions. I have yet to receive a response from them... NOT SURPRISED!!

Meanwhile, I have taken my "USED AND DEFECTIVE" phone to my provider to have the phone fixed. Too bad I am out $180+ now.

• Do
      8th of Jul, 2007

I FILED A COMPLAINT against this SCAM ARTIST to the Attorny General's office in his state. I also contacted the AG in Cali (Ebay's town) as well.

This thief is selling USED, broken and returned cellphones and equipment as NEW. He at last count had WELL over 600 NEGATIVE feedbacks on his name. Most have the same story, USED, poor charging or just plain broken. His new name is (qwertysell2007 ) He changed it on 7-7-07, he changes it quite a bit (see list below).

The day I got the phone and I opened, the already OPENED box all the contacts were WORN on the battery and phone. This piece of junk will NOT hold a charge and the body was scratched to ###.

I have an escalated Paypal complaint and sent in a letter to the EBAY management to close this fraud... One of these complaints will hit and hit HARD so watch out qwertysell2007, Zoomcell, quicksmartphonebh, mymailalwaysbh, mymailalways or whatever your name will be next week- SCAM ARTIST-STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY WHAT EVER YOU DO!

• Di
      17th of Aug, 2007
    ZoomCell.com - Fraud and cheating!

On 6/4/07 I had purchased a New Motorola V3i V3 i Gold Unlocked GSM Cingular Video cell phone for $147.74. I received phone and phone was used, and broken. I emailed them to let them know that I wanted a refund, and they sent me an RMA# and address to send the phone back for a full refund. It is now 8/17/07 and no word what so ever from this company. They have not once emailed me nor have they issued my refund. The telephone number is out of order. This company is a big scam. Beware.

11th of Oct, 2007

This company is THE WORST!! I ordered a Pink Motorola Razor V3 ,and when I gotthe phone it was broken and used. Yet I paid for a brand new never used phone on zoomcell.com. Then, I sent it back at my expence ,and got a different phone. It was a Red Razor that was spray painted pink and it doesn't work right!! but it is after the return time so I'm out $150 bucks!!

• Dt
      2nd of Dec, 2007

Wow! Well I purchased a black sliver from zoomcell a while back. I was suppose to get a memory card with it. I didn't get it with the phone, so I,like others looked around for a number to call. Never found one so I emailed them... many times!!! Wanting my memory card which i had paid for! It took forever to get it! I was getting upset! Not just this, the car charger did not even go with my phone!! Finally they sent all the right things. I am glad I got my things I paid for even though I had to keep on them. My phone works great, but I will not purchase another phone from them again!!

D.T.