ZMS Marketing / not legitimate

1 Raleigh, NC, United States Review updated:

You can not get there from Google. You only get the URL address when you are on employment search engines.
I have emails that say this person is the HR Director, another email says this same person is the office assistant.
She really was only the receptionist. They would not disclose any information about the job, duties, location, etc.
Was told the first interview was to put a face to the name. Drove 33 miles each way and 3 hours of my time.
They are predators of the unemployed. They think we are desperate. Told me they had been in business 29 years and were endorsed by Sears, Best Buy etc. Found out from BBB they have only been in business for less than 1 year.
They also go by JW Marketing, which also has no URL. Both of these so-called marketing agencies are located in same building
with same phone number. What a SCAM!!!

Comments

• Bl
      22nd of Jul, 2009

I had an interview with them today and they were quite helpful to me. The managers were extremely helpful with my questions about the job and the company. I read this before I went in for my interview so I had some questions about them from it. They explained to me that they're parent company has been around for 29 years. ZMS had been around for almost 2 years it says right on the BBB's website "Incorporated: November 2007, NC" ...that's more than a year... and it is JW Marketing that has been around for less than a year. I also found out that they are two separate companies who share an office space and that is it. I also checked out the BBB's website about ZMS and found out that they are a B+ ranked company and that that is the highest score they can have due to (taken straight from BBB.org) :

BBB Rating for ZMS Marketing & Associates Inc

Based on BBB files, ZMS Marketing & Associates Inc has a BBB Rating of B+.

Reasons for this rating include:
    Length of time business has been operating.

Which I also found out that a company only gets an A after being in business for ten years. I also so found that in the last 36 months they have had zero complaints on the BBB's website. It sounds to me like you just had a bad experience and it wasn't for you.

• Sp
      8th of Aug, 2009

Its a shame that they would get someone who actually works for the company "blueice" to post this comment. These companies prey on the unemployed. In fact they usually hire anybody- that is if you want to go out in the 98 degree heat and sell Subway coupons to car salesman :) Makes you wonder why they are hiring all the time. They only have a handful of poor saps at any given time.

14th of Aug, 2009

Just to clarify. No I don't work there. Actually I'm gonna be moving to Arizona here shortly. I'm just someone else with an opinion too.

14th of Aug, 2009

And also they never even talked about a restaurant of any kind.

• Ta
      1st of Sep, 2009

I have an interview at 1:00 today with the manager. I did not go into begging for information but they let me know they wanted to talk about customer service and intership positions. They said they have 3 positions available at the momment. I'm going to do my best to write down as many questions as possible so I will have some feedback to comment here after the interview. If you have any questions you would like for me to ask about the company feel free to email those questions to Ill_beingz002@yahoo.com.

• He
      15th of Sep, 2009

There they are different ZMS companies. After doing research I realized they are a scam (the raleigh one). Went to an interview there... totally wasted my gas and time. The email that I was sent came from was from GMAIL...if it was a company why wouldn't the address read such (ex. tonya@zmsmarketing.com instead of tonya.zmsmarketinginc@gmail.com). Also if they were part of a parent company the breakdown of ZMS would mean the same thing as the parent. The only corporate ZMS I have found has been with a company in California and they have 3 owners that the initals spell ZMS...and it is not the same as the raleigh one which has one owner. The HR department is the receptionist...the office administrator is the same person...WTF? No its definitely a scam. NOTHING adds up!

Research tells all. You cannot trust these people.

• Ra
      20th of Oct, 2009

I interviewed with these guys about a year and a half ago. You know it's a joke when the "HR department" calls you at 9:30 pm the night before your meeting to remind you of a few key things, one of which is to "dress professional" (really?! and it's "dress professionally" with an adjective, be smart!). I showed up for the interview, sat in a small lobby with BLARING music and people at least ten years younger (a bit embarrassing). It seemed like a group interview?! One of the "receptionists" (there were two, and they were horrifically unprofessional) handed me a form with abundant spelling errors. When I was called back to speak with the guy who runs the show, I was SO turned off by the whole operation that I didn't even care to discuss the job... I just said "I'm not a good fit for you guys, but you might want to consider editing your form. It makes you look like a bunch of bozos." Do they prey on the unemployed? Not sure about that... but they're definitely not legit. Luckily their office wasn't far from my residence, so I didn't waste much time or money!

• Ge
      20th of Oct, 2009

Soooo you took the time to tell us about your experience because???????! Is this all you guys have time for is sitting in front of computer screens judging other companies as if your opinion makes a difference? I actually work for ZMS and enjoy it, along with 52 others...Sears, Home Depot, DirecTv, Sams Club, Costco are pretty big names last time I checked, but you guys are the intelligent ones that would rather take time out of your day to voice your opinion as most others work for a living. If you want to come see me ill be in the best buy in Cary, NC marketing DirecTV, you know the satellite company? I hear they do okay these days, and I am pretty sure they would hire a scam to represent them in only the biggest electronic retailer in America. (Obvious sarcasm) I am just hoping you other young motivated job seekers aren't discouraged by these bitter people who are acting as if the world owes them something. If you want a great opportunity and a great atmosphere then don't be fooled because their own experience was not and is not as great as mine and please don't be naive enough to think clients such as DirecTV, Sears, and Home Depot (only being a few we represent) wouldn't do a bit of research before working with such companies like ZMS. If you believe everything on the internet then try looking up such names as Geico, Wal-Mart, and the loch ness monster. Give me a break...Get a job.

• Am
      10th of Nov, 2009

yeah I worked there a couple weeks ago the people were good nd friendly, gave me some confidence but the crazy the pay, the owner Zach Scuch said he was gone give me a check for a hundred dollars knowing i made more than that but one things for show I will get my money thats a promise.

• Am
      10th of Nov, 2009

where are they located I went up there nd they moved

• Mi
      23rd of Nov, 2009

First of all Zach is a weak little man and he is messing around with Amber Adams who is a complete insecure low rate chick. i worked with victoria jackson, amber stole my sells, lied on me and cried to her beau..Zach...so that I would be fired. She was angry because i was prettier and so much more of a sophisticated top-notch woman while she was beneath me in confidence. It's ok though cause I confronted Zach about how weak he was. Amber is such a wannabe..never work with her. I always felt they all had something hidden under their sleeve. They are so unprofessional. Even the victoria jackson emails were not working properly with jacked up htmls. They don't properly explain what you're supposed to do. On my interview i walked around home depot about 40 freakin times with another candidate being asked questions!!! Then Amber was supposed to contact me after i got hired and never did. so i had to contact the company to let them know. She thought it wasn't fair that i didn't have to train like everybody else in front of a dirty food lion all day selling stupid tshirts and dumb stuff nobody wants! I was put directly on the VJ campaign and she hated it. She's so insecure. One of the receptionists is a loser, talks too much, always acts like she's making compliments when she despises ppl who come in and look better than her. The other one is nicer but seems like a push-over and they both dress cheaply. They call you to the back in this tiny little dump of a so-called office. They huddle around like football players making stupid noises and have a meeting room where they supposedly prepare for the day. it is such a screwed up business I don't know why Zach ever thought he could carry on a successful business. it is truly the sorriest piece of a job i have ever seen in my life. All the girls there have low self-esteem and i truly believe that they all screw each other. that's what ZMS is...a whorehouse. Oh, and trust that you will not get paid what you deserve. Zach will try to write you out a check on his own but don't take it!!! Ask for a cashier's check! I'm over that whole job because he will reach his doom very shortly. Zach would be better off being my butler!!! He's so weak I could make him lick my shoes clean lol.

• Ge
      23rd of Nov, 2009

awww somebody is bitter! :( it is a shame you're opinion is about as worthless as you are...you say you are a "sohpisticated top-notch woman" and stated "she was beneath me" in the same sentence? Now that makes about as much sense as your opinion. You say you are "over that whole job" and then obviously look up the company to find a blog about them to write on. Why can't you just let everyone know what really happened. We all feel sorry for you and I am sure Zach wouldn't even recognize you on the streets much less he being your butler which is extrememly professional. Zach would probably chuckle if he read this...people like you are a dime a dozen. Like i said before to the poeple out there don't be dragged down by people that are obviously to bitter to admit they were terrible at sales and more than likely was asked to leave. As for Amber she is like the sweetest person that worked there, she probably just got sick of working with you. But we do thank you for the novel...i'll pass it on to Zach since your opinion matters.

4th of Dec, 2009

This company and Hark Marketing and one in the same. Not sure what they sell. The HR person was Kimberly Talon with a Mobile, AL phone number and a cell phone up north. Not sure who Jake Grubbs is but they partnered with ZMS Marketing Inc. Their website, harkmarketing.net, works but not harkmarketing.com. So many companies, so many names.

The website is void of any material on what they want you to sell---a bad sign in sales. Sales companies tell you upfront what they are selling so you can decide if you are the right fit.

B0th companies are probably together since they teamed up in Raleigh, North Carolina. Hark claims they are going international. Might want to get a website that has all the right information. Now, they are moving to the gulf coast--Florida. Scams usually change names a lot. Maybe ZMS is now Hark. Sounds like it.

Not sure what they do, where they are located, etc. I would look elsewhere.

• Ri
      14th of Dec, 2009

I haven't gone on an interview (prob won't now) but the fact that there are complaints and the nature of these complaints have completly turned me off to this company. That and the fact that someone who allegedly works for said company is one here verbally insulting people. I have worked in sales before and know a scam when I see one and this company definately reeks of such if for no other reason than the lack of professionalism. Very thankful I found this site before I took off work and wasted gas to visit the circus.

• Ri
      18th of Dec, 2009

riceycup, you're an idiot! First off, grammer check. Second the company has expanded out and isn't even in Raleigh, NC anymore. So yes good job for not taking off work but they haven't been in Raleigh for months now. So the fact that you are saying you were looking to interview recently and you posted 3 days ago shows your lack of intelligence since they aren't even hiring. You know a scam when you see one? You are trying to apply to a company that isn't even in the area you ###. You must be really excited about where you're working as well since you're looking to interview right before the holidays. Once again people don't be so ignorant.

• Th
      20th of Dec, 2009

Thank you for warning me about Hark Marketing. As for the employee or employees that work for either ZMS or Hark, I think it is despicable what you do. I can only hope that others comments about their negative experiences about Hark Marketing. The more hits that this website gets, the more honest people will be fooled by their dishonesty.

• Th
      20th of Dec, 2009

excuse me for the typo...

Thank you for warning me about Hark Marketing. As for the employee or employees that work for either ZMS or Hark, I think it is despicable what you do. I can only hope that others comment about their negative experiences with Hark Marketing. The more hits that this website gets, the more honest people will not be fooled by their dishonesty.

• So
      25th of Dec, 2009

Hello. I had an interview here and was asked back for a second interview. I'm hot, and I could tell that was the ONLY reason I got the job...they wanted good looking people who could sell stuff. I thought it was a scam but really, really needed a job, so I went in for the first day of work.

On my first day, I got there at 10:30. We spent an awkward morning "practicing our sales pitch". Then, I got into a car of ALL MEN...take in mind I'm a girl being put into a car with a bunch of strange guys, a little sketch. We drove all the way to Rocky Mount to knock on doors and try to get people to sign up for home repair consultations from Lowe's. Well, we didn't end up even doing that for a couple of hours, because the neighborhoods they'd sent us to weren't "high end" enough...houses had to be of a certain standard in order for us to work them.

When we did work, we did it in rain and freezing cold. Disgusting.

When we stopped for lunch and three of the guys couldn't afford their McDonald's...yeah...I knew this wasn't the job for me. In one breath, I had this young kid telling me how good the money was. In another, he's taking the fries off his Mickey D's order!

We did not get back to the office until 9:30 at night! I was exhausted, but we STILL couldn't go home. They made us have this awful thing called a "bell party." That was, if you'd made the average amount of sales that day, you got to go up and ring a bell. Then, you had to run back through the line, high fiving everybody and yelling. I was so not into it. The guy training me asked me to do it, and I pretty much laughed in his face and said no. I knew then there was NO WAY IN HELL I was coming back.

The pay for this job is fifty dollars per person who signs up for a consultation. If they sign up for the consultation but do not actually keep the appointment, you do not get paid. So basically, you work a VERY long day and *maybe* get paid. It is absolutely terrible, and I couldn't believe they had Chapel Hill grads falling for it!

Many of the people were nice, but obviously not very intelligent. Again, if you can't buy a hamburger, you need a new job! Much luck to anyone who does end up doing this. In all fairness, some people seem to genuinely enjoy it.

• Aw
      7th of Jan, 2010

the funny thing is when i worked there they put all the hot girls on their make-up account and all their ugly girls and athletes on the "lowes" account.

I worked there for 2 months and loved the atmosphere, but was not good at the sales. Just like any other sales and marketing firm if you can't sell or market you aren't an asset and it more than likely isn't for you. It frustrated me though because so many others were great. My trainer showed me his check stub for $1100.00 and i couldn't understand how I was only making $400.00 a week.

i think you are mistaken for what they do, but what's even funnier is there isn't a zms marketing or a hark marketing anymore. you people are discussing and writing about companies that do not exist in these cities anymore, in the fact they have now expanded into larger markets outside of raleigh, nc and pensacola, fl.

• Ne
      10th of Jan, 2010
    ZMS Marketing - not legitimate at all!!!!
    ZMS Marketing
    Raleigh
    North Carolina

This is the biggest scam in the world!! They post job listings on University Career Services pages for Marketing/Business majors. It sounds legitimate at first, but please DO NOT BE FOOLED. And do not waste your time.

My first interview was literally 5 minutes, and they then wanted me to come back a few days later for the "second round." The second round was with about 15 other people, and we waited in the lobby for an hour. We then were told to get in our cars, and follow our "leader" to our interview location- I drove 45 minutes to a Sam's Club. At Sam's club, the girl sets up a table, and tells me her job is to convince people to set up a contract with Direct TV. She then tells me a little more about the position- it is not marketing AT ALL. It's minimum wage sales. She then told me to go back (45 minutes) to the office, and fill out a short quiz for what I had learned. Forget that.

This is the worst scam in the world, and I think they should be banned from all college career sites. Do not waste your time and be fooled.