ZipZoomFly.com / Jerk around, sleazy and shady company

Aptly described by other reviewers as "we have your money, now go away", Zipzoomfly (aka GoogleGear) is the epitome of a sleazy, shady vendor.

I wish I had checked their Better Business Bureau record before dealing with them.

I had ordered a BenQ DW1650, which is a DVD burner, on 12/31/06, immediately after Zipzoomfly got them in stock. I had done business with them once before, with no problems, but for some reason, they held this order pending verification. Zipzoomfly didn't notify my of this fact until several days later. When I did complete their verification process on the next day, on 1/3/07, they promised my order would be released immediately for shipment. Supposedly, it was "packed" and ready to ship. I checked the order status on the Zipzoomfly website on 1/7/07 and found it was still "packed". When I contacted ZZF by phone on 1/8/07, they informed me that the item was discontinued and no longer available, but never canceled my order or notified me of the fact. If I hadn't called, I'd still be waiting for my order.

This is a real problem to anyone who depends on reliable service. To top matters off, the customer service department was unhelpful and directed you to leave messages, rather than let you speak to a human being who could resolve the issue.

There are far better retailers out there - Tigerdirect, Mwave, etc. - who typically have lower prices and won't jerk you around. There is no need to deal with shady services like Zipzoomfly.com.

Va

Comments

• Pi
      19th of Aug, 2009
    ZipZoomFly.com - Refuses to refund for non-shipment
    Zipzoomfly.com

Placed order for hard drive with buy.com under order number 48301648 and they placed with zipzoomfly.com under order B4570710. I paid by American Express $78.53 and then zipzoomfly refused to ship this product and refunded only $56.75 citing restocking charge of $21.78. I live in zipcode 00907 which is a part of the United States and when this item was ordered, it included free shipping. Since this order was not shipped to me, I expect a full refund.

• Mi
      2nd of Oct, 2009
    ZipZoomFly.com - THIEVES
    zipzoomfly.com

I recently ordered some RAM from Zipzoomfly.com based on advertising they did through DEALRAM.COM. Their listing stated they were selling 4GB sticks of RAM. What I actually received was a RAM kit containing (2) 2GB sticks. This was not was I needed so I requested an RMA and returned the RAM. When I finally received my refund, I found that I was charged $30 in restocking fees. I plead my case explaining the situation but it fell on deaf ears. They said they are not affiliated with DEALRAM.COM, even though I know perfectly well that DEALRAM.COM is only a price comparison site and that descriptions and pricing is uploaded by the actual sellers (zipzoomfly in this case). They are an extremely deceitful company whom I will never shop with again. Their business practices amount to outright theft and they do not deserve to be in business.

• Is
      22nd of Jan, 2011

ZipZoomfly has VERY POOR customer service with SHADY practices. They do not honor rebates that were clearly submitted under the required process. My rebates were validated and confirmed with the external rebate company handling the process. ZipZoomfly simply failed to respond to the rebate and it has been over 10 months now. The BBB has pulled their accreditation from ZipZoomfly for the number of complaints that have been filed against them. ZipZoomfly gives you a lot of excuses such as "We apologize for the inconvenience" when you email them inquiring about the issues. That is when they even decide to respond to you. I had many emails go unanswered when it was clear that they were in the wrong. They have VERY POOR business practices and will likely never be listed with the BBB based on past performance. DO NOT do business with them unless you enjoy being frustrated. And for those great rebates... Don't even think to try them.

• Pi
      20th of Apr, 2011
    ZipZoomFly.com - They do not honor their rebates
    zipzoomfly.com

They do not honor their rebates, non existent customer service and it took a formal complaint to the Better Business Bureau to resolve.