Ziinga / Scam

1 Crowland, England, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

I too have been scammed by Ziinga.com. They offered me a FREE IPOD Shuffle and was asked to pay 2 pounds. I then found out that I was charged a further 59 pounds for becoming a supposed platinum member for 3 months which I didn't ask for. I tried contacting them via email and telephonically and although they have a UK telephone number the call gets redirected to Malta and no one was interested in helping me and told me that if I wanted to 'cancel' my membership (that I hadn't agreed to in the first place) I had to pay 28 pounds.

They are now threatening me with legal action as I phoned my bank and got them to reverse the 59 pounds and I had to actually cancel my card so they would not take any further money from me.

This company needs to be shut down and definitely stopped.

Comments

• Na
      29th of Dec, 2011
    Ziinga - un-authorised fee
    United Kingdom

I unwittingly joined Ziinga.com. On joining I won a free auction for some bids. To pay for this I submitted my debit card details. They debited my debit card with £3.78.
    Just a few days before Christmas, I checked my bank account to find I was £59.99 short compared to what I knew should be in my bank. I telephoned my bank to be told that it was a continuous debit card payment taken by Ziinga Hoofddorp.
    I informed my bank that I knew nothing about this transaction. I am still waiting for the transaction to show on my bank statement as until it does I can not request a charge back from the bank.
    I spoke to this ziinga.com on their live chat page and they said that when I joined I had made a bid and won an auction so then became an automatic platinum member or some such thing and had agreed to a monthly subscription of £59.99 . I argued that I knew nothing about this but they were having none of it. They said i could cancel my membership if I paid them around £28 cancelation fee.
    I refused to do this as they had already stolen £59.99 from my bank. The person on the live chat said that was up to me and that they would be taking £59.99 every month then.
    I stopped my debit card at the bank and a new one was issued but the bank have told me that this will not stop them from taking the money from me. My only option is to open a new bank account.

This is so unfair why can they get away with this??

12th of Jan, 2012
    Ziinga - FRAUD
    ZIINGZ
    Texas

I went to this site via email and did the free bid and won a free prize for 16.66, THAT'S NOT FREE. I won the 1st one I bid on super
    quick, and the 2nd one (FREE) could not get past GO. They sent me an email and asked for scanned copies of credit card, DL#,
    and a signature. I told the ### to PISS OFF. And never signed up for anything except paying for my free bid gift. And they say I
    owe a cancellation fee, but I had already cancelled the Debit card, and got a new one, so the thieves and liars cannot charge my
    account as they did to others, I should have checked COMPLAINTS.COM 1st, and will from now on. But the word ziinga tastes
    like crap in my mouth so BEWARE, you will win the 1st item you bid on and after that all they do is take your hard earned money.
    Everyone of those ###s should be STONED TO DEATH.

• Jl
      28th of Apr, 2012

So what's the situation now? Did they proceed with the legal action? Did you upload the information on your id and credit card?

10th of Jul, 2012

Any action?

7th of Aug, 2012
    Ziinga - Illegaly debiting bank account
    Ziinga
    South Africa
    ziinga.com

I have placed a bid on an item and won the bid, I have paid for the bid and accepted the T&C that would apply, on making payment it says that the item comes with a subscription which was at the bottom of the site and i did not notice that, When i received my recite for payment, I noticed it there, I sent an email to them to confirm that I am not interested in this, They have also requested personal docs such as a copy of ID and credit card, I emailed confirming that I do not feel safe in doing this as well, No one responded to this date. I have also notice on the receipt that it mentioned that the subscription was 7 days free and I emailed them way before 7 days was over, Today I see a debit order on my account for around R659.00, I emailed and still did not get a response so i went onto their online chat and the person Haydz was chatting back and confirming that if I agreed to the T&C, It means that i agree to the subscription because it's included in the purchase of the item, How can this be, They suppose to give customers the option to either subscribe for alternative packages offered like how they request for clients to opt in to receive newsletters, Now they are telling me that I have to pay a cancellation fee which is Absurd, How can they sell something online and a customer purchases the item and also has to agree for something else without them having the option to agree for the second item and why do they request personal items on an auction site such as copy of the card and ID Doc.

26th of Aug, 2012
    Ziinga - membership fees
    ziinga
    Adelaide
    South Australia
    Australia
    Phone: 0411291547
    ziinga.com

For 6 months the website has taken more than $88 for every month from my credit card for membership that i didn't even apply for. and they said that they can only pay me for one month and not the other months but i want my money back because i have hardly used any of the bids that they gave me for my money. i have more than 700 bids left. please help me get my money back.
    if you need to contact me than this is my email adress... and i have given my phone number...
    [protected]@yahoo.com

2nd of Sep, 2012

let's get to get together and really [censored]-over this scam operation. Join with me to bring these ###s down. Global unite to end the ### and misery caused by the scam operation known as Ziinga.Com.

Join the party to rid the world of these scam pseudo-artists!

2nd of Sep, 2012

Yeah I never got the FREE 17 dollar camera, nor was MasterCard ever able to return the money, but the keep emailing me saying
    I owed the turds money for cancelling something I never joined. By trying for the NOT-SO-FREE bid you are joining but you never
    know till after you have been suckered into trying the bid. CROOKS, CROOKS, AND MORE CROOKS.

2nd of Oct, 2012

R659.99 was charged on my credit card without my consent. I would like my money to be refunded

• Br
      7th of Oct, 2012

These people have deducted funds from my credit card - without consent or authorisation.
    I didn't sign, authorise, or agree to such transactions.

To date they have not provided me with anything - no services or goods in any manner.

This site explains it well, and it is now operating globally.

• Li
      14th of Oct, 2012
    Ziinga - Unauthorized chargers
    New Zealand

Ziinga has taken $307.00 out of my credit care account without my permission i wont the money back asap in my account

• Wi
      23rd of Oct, 2012
    Ziinga - erroneous charges to credt
    rachel c carey
    British Columbia
    Canada

on oct. 2nd-9th-and 22nd charges were made to my capitol one credit card (s)- these are not of my doing and therefore constitute fraudulent activity-please have these charges reversed or provide my e mail with info my creditor can use to do likewise. do, no longer bill my accounts at capital one.