Ziggy's - St. Andrews

Posted:

This is the worst service I have ever received!

2.5
Hi, I visited a local restaurant this week and was absolutely appalled at the service that I received. I booked a table for 7 people for 6.15. when my party arrived the waitress turned and pointed to a table to her left and said that this was our table. it was a 4 seater and 2 seater table pushed together right next to the pay desk. there was not enough room for us to sit down at this table, my niece `s head was level with the pay desk and she would have had to move the whole table to get in and out. she is 12 about 4ft10 and an extremely petite little lady. my mother and sister would have been hunched around the 2 seater table pretending to be a 4 seater. the waitress was standing at the pay desk and I said " excuse me" she lifted her eyes with a look of what can only be described as pure hatred, I was quite shocked by this but thought maybe she is having a really bad day, I asked if we could perhaps move to a different table as there was obviously not enough room at the table they had given us. she said no ! as that table had been booked ! the conversation an treatment from the staff went from bad to worse, we left and the so called manageress/ called herself the owner had the Gaul to follow us out onto the street to complain at us. this is the worst service I have ever received. it was completely unreasonable and actually on the verge of threatening behaviour from the staff. I would advise all to steer well clear of this so called family locally run eateries. It was awful do not go do not waste your time.
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Restaurants & Bars

Comments

A  10th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I telephoned to book a table and the person who answered the telephone wasn't very professional plus it seemed to be very, very noisy in the resturant. I made a booking but didn't have a good feeling about the place. Anyway I booked a table.
When we arrived in town we went to visit the resturant and one look was enough for us to cancel the reservation. The menu was very, very ordinary but not cheap and the tables were so close together we just couldn't imagine eating there. The tables were so close together you could almost eat the guy next to dinner. This isn't the place for a quiet, confidential or dare i say it, romantic dinner.
There is a great resturant called Zizzi in St Andrews and I just wonder if people book Ziggy's expecting it to be Zizzi. We went and eat at Zizzi and it was fantastic.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree