ZiggyMart / Rip off

1 PO Box 729Rutland, MA, United States Review updated:

I have used ziggymart for a number of orders and always received them, some took longer than others to arrive. On 23 october 07 I placed an order for cigars, this was debited to my credit card on the 25th October and as of June 08 I am still waiting. I have sent numerous e-mails and have had three replies from John Petrie, the first in late November to say that they had received a delivery and my order would be filled in a few days, nothing. In december I sent more emails and was advised that they had just sent out over 700 packages and I should receive mine soon, again nothing, I then sent another e-mail and was assured by John that he would personally look into it, your right nothing!!.

In January I received a mail shot to advise that they had now received major funding and that they had just sent out over one thousand back orders dating back to November 07 and that all international orders would be delivered within two weeks, nothing.

Since then I have sent 13 e-mails to John Petrie/ziggymart and no one has had the decency to respond.

Va

Comments

• Wi
      18th of Jun, 2008

I made two orders in January /08.
    I contacted Ziggymart twice by phone and was given and received assurances that my orders would be received. Then Ziggymart stopped answering and I emailed numerous times; never getting an answer. I was ripped of for 2 orders.

• Zi
      1st of Jul, 2008

William Marleau,

We have always sent your orders on time, and I admit there has recently been some delays, but posting on a complaint board? Now really. How much business have we done over the years? How many packages have we sent you? Why, all of a sudden do you think we have turned dishonest?????? You know that we get swamped with international orders because of the nature of our business. Sometimes products are backordered, and you have known that all along doing business with us. We have posted on our website that our customer service is limited right now due to the extremely high volume, but you still call us...all the time. I have no problem resolving your issues, but not through a complaint board.
    Do you have any idea what its like having your phone ring day and night? The fact of the matter is, speaking with each and every customer eats up all of the precious time that is needed to fill orders and I don't have a staff of 100 people to handle such calls. If I had a nickel for every tobacco customer who called us with nicotine withdrawals wanting their tobacco product sent Next Day Air, I would be a very wealthy man.
    William, to the best of my knowledge, all of your product has been sent. If there is a remaining backorder, I will check into it. Bear in mind that it is beyond my control if Canadian Customs has delayed or seized your goods and you have acknowledged that risk when placing an order via our online shopping cart. Please read our Terms and Conditions. I am surprized you haven't already -considering you have purchased tobacco products from us, probably going on 5 years.

14th of Jul, 2008

yea look at there facts what a load of crap they have the right to subsitute your product with something similar a mercedes and a kia are both cars go figure what a scam never answer emails or phone and when they do they lie buy from custom blends i have recieved all my stuff on time and good cs

12th of Aug, 2008

I have had similar dealings with Ziggymart - no merchandise then lame emails about backorders (as if customers are repsonsible for their poor inventory control). Two months are still nothing. Time to call VISA and the consumer frauds office. Stay away from this outfit!

26th of Aug, 2008

Email from John Petrie but not posted here:
    The reason your McClintock order remained on backorder was because you ordered the tin and the McClintock tins were discontinued. Some time later, they came back out with the bags. They also restricted the sale to Massachusetts (where our business is based-Because the new packaging was not yet approved by the State Atty.General). Funny, but your order #7746 in our system says "completed" which means we eventually shipped the goods. If you are here complaining on a complaint board and warning others about us because you didn't receive the goods, then why didn't you contact us directly by phone or email? As an act of good faith I am sending a full pound bag of McClintock FF (more than the original 13 oz. tin you ordered) I certainly hope you receive it this time. If the U.S. Postal Service doesn't deliver the goods as we have paid them to do, then it would be nice if our customers contacted us directly instead of whining on these complaint boards. We are here to answer and investigate all claims of non-receipt. If we were a dishonest company, don't you think we would be in hiding somewhere by now? We are licensed tobacco importers/exporters with the Dept. of the U.S. Treasury, listed in Dun & Bradstreet, in business since 1993. We aren't going anywhere. John B. Petrie

My reply for all:

This bozo just does not get it.
    Why are you advertising merchandise you do NOT have in the first place?
    Why are you removing funds from people accounts on the above on this merchandise you do NOT possess?

Yes, the order was UTIMATELY received, but only four or five days after my initial posting here. Anyone sense a connection? As for pouch vs. can, I have been getting pouches for MONTHS from other vendors (the ### detector just went off the scale).

Why did I not email you? I DID! and got a rude response about reading your "terms of service" and basically said you would send it when you had a damned good mind to do so. Hence my initial posting here.

I STRONGLY suspect this character is cash-strapped and using current orders to finance his inventory (used to be call kiting). I also suspect he is a lot closer to "going away" then he lets on.

Just give this place a WIDE BERTH.

PS- You may not be going anywhere, but hopefully other potential customers will and go somewhere else. Shortly after - you WILL go away!

• Su
      7th of Apr, 2009
    ZiggyMart - non delivery
    Ziggmart
    United Kingdom

I ordered two packs of Middleton Black and Mild cigars on February 9th 2009 to be sent to the UK by air mail. My order was confirmed by email but nearly 3 months later the goods have still to arrive. I have emailed customer service 4 times for an update but all my emails have been ignored.

• Bl
      17th of Jul, 2009

On 06-15-09 I made an order with ZiggyMart.com. As of 07-17-o9 I have not received my order. I have sent them serveral Emails.I received one Email on my first Email to them saying he (john)was checking to see if it was a back order.Since that one and only response I have not received an answer to any of my inquiries as to the status of my order. I also paid by visa. I will now take the steps above by calling visa and reporting this scandalous company to the consumers fraud office. I wholly agree, stay away from this lying sob and his rip off company

• Jr
      7th of Sep, 2009

I had a simple order, about twenty-five dollars worth. It's been a month now and nothing! I got the same email that this must be on back order! I smell a rip-off!

8th of Jun, 2010

Same story for me.

Non delivery and run around. Had to do a chargeback after 3 months.

NEVER order from these worthless people.

• Ju
      20th of Nov, 2010

Yep. Ordered November 2nd with Priority Mail shipping, it is now the 20th and have not received my item. I thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt by not calling my credit card company to cancel, but after reading these posts, I'm calling them right now! Thank god for [redacted]s!

• Ju
      20th of Nov, 2010

Forgot to mention I've emailed them 3 times with no reply.

6th of Jan, 2011

DO NOT order from Ziggymart

NO customer service!!!

Had to call my credit card company to get my money back

• Cb
      21st of Apr, 2011

I have had problems with them even answering emails to their customer service and then when they did they were RUDE extremelly RUDE--I finally ordered some where else got a notice when it was sent and saved money and got more--Take your business else where ZiggyMart doesnt know how to answer an email or treat a customer

• Fe
      26th of Apr, 2011

I for one will never do business with these ###s again. No response to emails. no ability to leave a voice message as the thing says No room for messages. Then after a month of no contact from them I got smart and checked them out...I did learn something though...to check out these places BEFORE I make a purchase. This was my bad. I didnt investigate before I made a purchase...Hindsight is always 20/20.