ZENITH / Bad service

I purchased the TV in 1997 and since then I had to pay out $385 and $350. The problem is the blue tube has leaked antifreeze all over the power board and housing.

Zenith did eventually recall these TV's but the "bladder" that they authorized the repair dealers to put on doesn't collect the antifreeze like it should.

The repair guy showed me the leakage all over the housing and the board. He also showed me how no antifreeze was in the tube as it should be.

As of today I have not heard anything from Zenith, although I have called. You judge for yourself if you want to buy a product from a company that does not care.

Comments

• Po
      Feb 22, 2011
    ZENITH - After almost $800 in repairs & countless calls and faxes to Zenith, there is a recall
    Zenith

We purchased a Zenith projection TV.

After almost $800 in repairs and countless calls and faxes to Zenith, they would not repair the set because it was out of warranty -- 16 months old at the time.

This TV is one on recall and all of our repairs and problems were directly caused by the faulty recall parts.

• Se
      Mar 17, 2011
    ZENITH - The authorized dealer did not fix camera, that was still under warranty
    Zenith

I bought a Zenith HDTV. It was less than two years old and the picture went out. The authorized dealer did not fix it.

No one has helped me. The tube was still under warranty.

• Yo
      Mar 17, 2011

Zenith TV's only have a 1 year manufacture warranty.

If you purchased an extended warranty then you need to file a claim with the owner of that extended warranty.

Also authorized dealers do NOT handle warranty's. You want to call 1-877-993-6484 for Zenith Warranty, but since your warranty is expired you will not get very far with them either.

• Le
      Mar 29, 2011
    ZENITH - My new Zenith plasma TV developed a problem the first week
    Zenith

My new Zenith plasma TV developed a problem the first week.

It took Zenith's authorized repair center a week to pick it up and another week to figure out that they couldn't repair it and that Zenith needed to replace the TV.

Today it is 8 weeks after the TV was picked up and it will be another 3 weeks before I'll get my replacement TV --- a total of about 11 weeks without my TV!