Zellers Pharmacy, Shoppers World, Brampton, Ontario / Zellers Pharmacy

1 Shoppers WorldBrampton, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Evert month I go into this pharmacy to pick up my medications. On Dec 1st 2010 I went in as usual to pick up my last repeat from my previous 3 month prescription and then handed in my next 3 month repeat from my doctor. I am on Ontario Drug Benefits and can only pick up 1 month at a time. With this repeat prescription I should have 3 months left. When I get my prescription there is only 2 months. I questioned this and the pharmacist said as it was a new prescription that takes presidence over old ones. I stated that it was a repeat prescription not a new one, he said that did not matter.

I called HBC complaints dept (Dec 2nd, [protected] spoke to a young Indian girl, could not understand her name, and after about 6 attempts at telling her the story she still did not get it. She called the pharmacy and told me to speak with the pharmacist. An Indian woman came on (Sanjeet, I think she said her name was, and this took 4 attempts at getting her name from her), she went all about the bush and told me if I wanted the 1 month added back on I would have to go or fax the doctor and get him to fax the request in. I told her NO that they were the ones in error and ripping me off 1 month. She insisted that was what I had to do. Finally she asked me if I wanted to speak with the Pharmacist. I said I was told by the complaints dept you were the pharmacist/ Anyhow an Indian Male came on (ASHISH took 4 attempts to also pry his name from him). I explained everything and he told me in future do not deal with any of his staff speak only to him. He also said that he would immediately fax my doctor and straighten this problem out. This he promised to do immediately. I said, 'If I come in next week and ask for you this will be sorted and my 1 month returned' he responded' Yes I promise'

I went in Friday December 10th, Ashish was not working, I spoke with 2 other employees (both Indian) and they checked my file, nothing had been done.

They told me to come in tomorrow (saturday) and speak with Ashish, I said I was heading out of town for the wereklend so I could not do that. They then told me they would give Ashish the info and he would call me tomorrow (DUH). I said ' Iam heading out of town for the weekend, he cannot get hold of me', then they told me to come in and see him on monday. He works 9-4 this monday.

If this is not dealt with and my ripped off 1 month of meds is not returned I will be filing a police complaint against this pharmacy.

Comments

• Ts
      12th of Jan, 2011

GOOD LUCK Sir! The staff you were speaking with live and work in India. They do not understand what you are talking about or why you are upset. Nor do they care. Why are you dealing with Zellers? You need to phone the pharmacy directly. Go to the store and talk to the Canadian based staff. The pharmacist for instance. S/he will care as pharmacists tend to be very professional. Yes the pharmacist may also be originally from India but you need to pay attention and realize that the staff you see with your eyes are the ones to deal with. The telephone takes you to India to persons who are just learning customer service North american style.

• Ze
      19th of Jun, 2012

I had a horrible experience at the sellers store in shoppers world brampton. After waiting in a line for 15 minutes because the cashier was arguing with customer in front of me about a price, turns out customer was right in end. When it was finally my turn same thing barbie rang up as 29 dollars even though the sign clearly stated 20. She told me I was wrong an that I should have read the sign properly. I asked for a manager she said no need she is right. When the person finally came for private equity check she said it was 29. I was mad so I marched over to display an the barbie was sitting above a sign that read 20. The employee who was with me not a manager moved the sign an said they just put the sing in wrong spot. That's false advertising hello.